Guest Killhippie
4 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Yes we need a beta next gen consoles are around the corner 

Around the corner and so far down the road unless you have one pre-ordered it will be spring time before you get a PS5 at least.

1 minute ago, Mobel said:

I dont need WiFi 6, I play wired.

The XR700 have very good hardware inside so it can go a little while, with the right software support.

I’ve not be wired for years, it’s not what it use to be. Let’s hope that 3.0 arrives soon for you though.

Guest Killhippie
13 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I dont need WiFi 6, I play wired.

The XR700 have very good hardware inside so it can go a little while, with the right software support.

Times are a changing, I mean you don't have wired headphones any longer and latency on Wi-Fi 6 is good, people always seem to forget the latency of console or computer to screen, and if you use a TV that can be up to 40ms or more on some models. So unless you have a expensive 240Mhz monitor with variable refresh rate you probably wont ever notice the difference on 5Ghz or even 6 Ghz with Wi-Fi 6E. Gaming on milliwave 5G would give you possibly a latency of less than 1milliscond, so if 5G can do it, Wi-Fi 6 and 6E can compete with a Ethernet cable. Gotta keep up with new developments.  :)

https://www.techradar.com/news/wi-fi-6-vs-ethernet-who-is-taking-the-connectivity-crown

I had a GT-11000AX last year summer the only device I could use with WiFi-6 was my Samsung S10. 

Yes I do use wired headphones ATH-AD1000X and HD660s.

And I also use a 1ms 4k gaming monitor.

image.png.e5a9dfac184fb7f680ca066c6de6d77c.png

We have been waiting for over 5 Months now and ever time they post something its always coming out soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they make  sure that the R1 and the R2  gets the update ASAP in minutes but the Netgear user like XR700,XR500,XR450,XR300, and the latest new router the XR1000 may have to wait infinity it may never come out BOYZ because they are to busy working on the R1and R2 firmware update and yes I put the font size at 72 just to let them know they are doing the Netgear user's Dirty

p.s. thank's for the hard work y'all do for the R1 and R2 update's

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Unnecessary font size

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, robert27841 said:

image.png.e5a9dfac184fb7f680ca066c6de6d77c.png

We have been waiting for over 5 Months now and ever time they post something its always coming out soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but they make  sure that the R1 and the R2  gets the update ASAP in minutes but the Netgear user like XR700,XR500,XR450,XR300, and the latest new router the XR1000 may have to wait infinity it may never come out BOYZ because they are to busy working on the R1and R2 firmware update and yes I put the font size at 72 just to let them know they are doing the Netgear user's Dirty

As you can see from what Fraser said the XR700 router is now END OF LIFE so after 3.0 if it even gets that it will have no more updates from Netgear or Netduma as it is not in production, basically the AX1000 is the official replacement for the XR700. On Amazon as well as the price having been dropped to clear old stock and it states there is a newer model available as you can see in the link below. So The XR700 wont even get security updates after its final patch which may or may not be 3.0 who knows patch. Here is the Amazon UK link showing the AX1000 as the newer item for replacing the XR700. Sorry guys its bad when this happens but newer tech always replaces old and you bought the router as it was and it had no promise on the packaging for 3.0 so if do get that as a final patch be thankful, but also be aware your router will become a security risk as it no gets security patches, I'm not even sure it will get plex updates as a EOL device.

In all fairness even my router is having a v2 revision in the new year and will need replacing (RAX120) its having a newer CPU added for wave 2 AX features, this is just life and you 'You pays yer money and you takes yer chances' Nothing is future proof.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-XR700-100EUS-Nighthawk-Gaming-Router/dp/B07GZ138X8

• Administrators
11 hours ago, robert27841 said:

We built 3.0 on the R2 so yes it is optimized for it and comes out on that first, we'd also done a lot of work previously getting older DumaOS onto the R1 so the hard part there was already done. They get faster updates because there are less processes that have to be followed to get it out. For example, we've done the next version for the XR500 build but we're waiting on the NG QA team to approve it before it can go out. All companies will continue to innovate and NG and ourselves are no different. The XR1000 went through months of beta testing by users, it wasn't just thrown together. The other XR routers are being worked on but it is a lot of work porting it to different router architectures. I can assure you they will all receive it.