New firmware

scoobypreza

Hi fraser you can you hook me up with the new firmware im currently on .29 ,using pppoe only getting 400mb on the routers bandwidth checker and speed tests,so its getting limited as dynamic ip with a bt hub connecting to the r2 is giving me 910 mb,any advice?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, JOSHR3ll said:

Hey, can i have also Thanks you 

12 hours ago, MMonster said:

Can I have it too, please?

Sent

13 hours ago, chand93 said:

Hi fraser you can you hook me up with the new firmware im currently on .29 ,using pppoe only getting 400mb on the routers bandwidth checker and speed tests,so its getting limited as dynamic ip with a bt hub connecting to the r2 is giving me 910 mb,any advice?

Sent. Just to be clear, with the R2 handling PPPoE then on speedtest.net for example you are throttled?

1 hour ago, pmg said:

Just noticed on this last test firmware , that even though I have wifi turned off in duma os my laptop is showing the r2 is still broadcasting wifi.

I sent you another PM.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to be clear, with the R2 handling PPPoE then on speedtest.net for example you are throttled

There's definitely a major discrepancy regarding achieveable maximum bandwidth between using other routers negotiating connection and the R2 unit.

The speed issue affects only the down stream cutting the speed down by around 40 percent.

Thanks

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, chand93 said:

There's definitely a major discrepancy regarding achieveable maximum bandwidth between using other routers negotiating connection and the R2 unit.

The speed issue affects only the down stream cutting the speed down by around 40 percent.

Thanks

Have you double checked this by having something else handle PPPoE other than the R2?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you double checked this by having something else handle PPPoE other than the R2?

I've tested this with 4 others including the isp smart hub there's definitely a speed drop, i've also tried disabling cc but the issue remains.

I've  also tried the firmware provided and the issue persist, R2 speeds on this firmware are 362 and were 465 on the previous firmware.

All the other routers report speeds of 901 to 910

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, chand93 said:

I've tested this with 4 others including the isp smart hub there's definitely a speed drop, i've also tried disabling cc but the issue remains.

I've  also tried the firmware provided and the issue persist, R2 speeds on this firmware are 362 and were 465 on the previous firmware.

All the other routers report speeds of 901 to 910

Okay thank you, the new firmware should be released early next week and it is quite far ahead of what you're on. Please try it then and if it doesn't work I can make a ticket for it.

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you, the new firmware should be released early next week and it is quite far ahead of what you're on. Please try it then and if it doesn't work I can make a ticket for it.

Thanks Fraser, will do.