New firmware

scoobypreza

September 18th you said the same thing to me Fraser, why not just share exactly what the issues are? After this Firmware is released, will we still need to preform reboots or factory resets each week or even like some have said everyday? Can you tell us that this will be something that is being worked on, that the stability of the R2 will be fixed and we will be able to use it longer than a day or even just a few hours before it breaks down? Another question, if it turns out to be a problem with hardware, would you tell us and issue a recall so they all could be fixed or refunded? I really hope you fix that wifi, but along with the wifi I hope you guys get the R2 to run longer than a few hours, then maybe the wifi could be useful if the R2 actually was useful in itself. Really looking forward to the Firmware.........Cheers Net Squad see you next week.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, lemons said:

Will this fix the issue off devices going of line multiple times a day and loss of internet WiFi and lan . I’m getting fed up with rebooting and reconnecting devices 

It should be more stable yes. I have sent you a PM in the meantime, please see if that helps.

26 minutes ago, ScottBot said:

September 18th you said the same thing to me Fraser, why not just share exactly what the issues are? After this Firmware is released, will we still need to preform reboots or factory resets each week or even like some have said everyday? Can you tell us that this will be something that is being worked on, that the stability of the R2 will be fixed and we will be able to use it longer than a day or even just a few hours before it breaks down? Another question, if it turns out to be a problem with hardware, would you tell us and issue a recall so they all could be fixed or refunded? I really hope you fix that wifi, but along with the wifi I hope you guys get the R2 to run longer than a few hours, then maybe the wifi could be useful if the R2 actually was useful in itself. Really looking forward to the Firmware.........Cheers Net Squad see you next week.

Development is always subject to change. Stability is our primary focus of course. There won't be a problem with the hardware so that wouldn't be necessary. 

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sent a PM.

Me to and going by this I’m assuming then the Wi-Fi dropping off and needing a reboot is the netduma? I was really wondering if it was that or my internet and then I have a pc that all of a sudden wants to say connected with no internet access and will need a reboot that’s hardwired.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, kboogie23 said:

i need  this PM as well

Sent

7 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

Me to and going by this I’m assuming then the Wi-Fi dropping off and needing a reboot is the netduma? I was really wondering if it was that or my internet and then I have a pc that all of a sudden wants to say connected with no internet access and will need a reboot that’s hardwired.

Could still be your connection so worth double checking. Sent PM.

Hello. I hope you could release a firmware version with the WLAN turned off completely and this version would be released faster than standard firmware update.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that does not use WLAN.

Guest Killhippie
4 minutes ago, TannedBum said:

Hello. I hope you could release a firmware version with the WLAN turned off completely and this version would be released faster than standard firmware update.

Many people use Wi-Fi and releasing two versions of firmware by compiling a new one without the Wi-Fi drivers would probably take longer to create than just releasing new firmware including wireless drivers. Its simpler just to switch Wi-Fi off if you don't use it rather than create a new forked version. Hang in a new version will arrive soon I'm sure.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, TannedBum said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As above it is not very practical, just turn the WiFi off if you don't want to use it. There are also non WiFi related fixes etc that we're putting in as well.

2 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Many people use Wi-Fi and releasing two versions of firmware by compiling a new one without the Wi-Fi drivers would probably take longer to create than just releasing new firmware including wireless drivers. Its simpler just to switch Wi-Fi off if you don't use it rather than create a new forked version. Hang in a new version will arrive soon I'm sure.

I don't mean right now, but in the future. And i don't mean just turn it off, i mean cut it completely from the UI as well. 

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As above it is not very practical, just turn the WiFi off if you don't want to use it. There are also non WiFi related fixes etc that we're putting in as well.

And those are the ones i want😉

I don't see how it's not practical, if it's possible to work and upgrade the WLAN last. It's not like the WLAN isn't prolonging the release right now.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, TannedBum said:

I don't mean right now, but in the future. And i don't mean just turn it off, i mean cut it completely from the UI as well. 

That would be unnecessary work when there is an off button built in already.