Just got my XR1000 holly cow is the interface slow

Just curious how this product got out of testing without someone being like "wow this is slow". Is there a firmware update coming to speed up the:

a. interface (slow between screens)

b. apply settings time (1 minute each change?)

This slower than any router interface I have used in 20+ years. Maybe tone down the graphics if its a memory issue? 

A bug I did find is when configuring it stated no updates available (on .33 firmware), however .44 is out and once i logged in and checked for firmware updates again it found the update. Maybe it will be better after:)

It was actually faster to update firmware+reboot than to apply a small wifi setting change.

I also could not complete wifi setup on the app that comes with the flyer in the box (nighthawk app) it could only get so far then it wouldn't find the network or complete the setup, worked fine in browser. 

Its the same on all devices. I do not see such a feature "armor" on Duma 3.0 on XR1000. 

The QOS interface is a bit funky even though reviewers find it nice compared to most traditional QOS setups, I just need to dive into that more. Also the "anti bufferbloat" tool if anyone is looking for it seems rebranded to "congestion control" under qos. 

The interface is very clunky:

a. takes 10-30 seconds to load each screen

b. saving changes takes 1-2 minutes at times

c. restarting router takes about 1 minute longer than my asus and tplink ax routers

its not so bad though, there are less settings to tweak than my asus. 

Where would I disable Armor? I don't see it anywhere. 

Its slow on the mobile app and browser, and slow to update changes. Often I will get warnings when making changes such as to the "congestion control" that it took longer than expected and to please wait. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, oroechimaru said:

Where would I disable Armor? I don't see it anywhere. 

Its slow on the mobile app and browser, and slow to update changes. Often I will get warnings when making changes such as to the "congestion control" that it took longer than expected and to please wait. 

On 10/2/2020 at 9:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Use the Nighthawk mobile app, go to Security and then it should be there for you to disable if it is enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

a. clicking between each screen/menu is usually 10-20 second "spin"

b. often if you save settings (QOS page) you will get timeout warnings or wait warnings, unknown if its saving or not

c. other major saves take 2-4 minutes, restarting takes 2-4 minutes

for something that was this expensive, it runs slower than any router i have used in the last 20 years or so. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, oroechimaru said:

a. clicking between each screen/menu is usually 10-20 second "spin"

b. often if you save settings (QOS page) you will get timeout warnings or wait warnings, unknown if its saving or not

c. other major saves take 2-4 minutes, restarting takes 2-4 minutes

for something that was this expensive, it runs slower than any router i have used in the last 20 years or so. 

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps with the loading issue.

• 2 weeks later...

@Netduma Fraser 

Hey I'm experiencing the same thing. Just bought mine 3 days ago... It's ridiculously slow and the ping heatmap wont even load now... QOS, Geofilter all take 1-2 mins to populate. I had the XR500 with no issues, until literally 18 months it just died. But as far as the interface goes.. SLLOOOOOWWWW... you guys need to figure out why or it's going back. Honestly not impressed with the Netgear partnership...

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Ptingler81 said:

@Netduma Fraser 

Hey I'm experiencing the same thing. Just bought mine 3 days ago... It's ridiculously slow and the ping heatmap wont even load now... QOS, Geofilter all take 1-2 mins to populate. I had the XR500 with no issues, until literally 18 months it just died. But as far as the interface goes.. SLLOOOOOWWWW... you guys need to figure out why or it's going back. Honestly not impressed with the Netgear partnership...

Please install the firmware I just provided you with via PM, then do a factory reset and see if it speeds up.

I do not have any adblockers, standard chrome. Same issue on two different personal pcs and a work computer. 

Am I really alone with this? Nobody else has these long delays? 

still pending factory reset. I noticed after the firmware update I still had high buffer bloat on dsl reports and a C+ score in the netduma benchmark router screen (A+ on speed with 50%, 60% and 70% upload/download cap settings on 400/20 connection). however UO Outlands the game I use as my benchmark dropped from 70-100ms to 40-60ms which is what I was used to on rival AX routers (asus, tplink).  This could be AWS hosting (Game server), so before firmware reset I want to see if it stays consistent. Most likely will do the reset when family is asleep this weekend:)

IT WOULD BE AWESOME if future firmware updates do not require firmware resets to function optimally. With all the QOS and custom settings, a reset is going to be a major pain. 

Still pending a reset after firmware upgrade. Each screen looks like this or "each widget" often for several minutes (can be 30 seconds could be 5 minutes)... cleared cache.. same. Close/relaunch browser... same.

with all the errors that popup and spinning I am never certain if setting/changes saved correctly especially on the qos page.

I have to admit, if resetting the firmware leads to the same results that will only make me frustrated as a customer 😃

image.thumb.png.d375a92e8d9f81a4b5011d96b9e9d210.png

image.png.7dbe1134f794e3f759129c181a77dbae.png

image.thumb.png.6ee08d97907513ea67cffa03295b9b7e.png

image.thumb.png.a7052d099cd9286d215c8b027a800fd9.png