Dropping WiFi/internet

MrDeadDad

On 10/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay unplug the router from power for 24 hours please, that will let the residual power drain and can sometimes help reset an issue like this. Then see if it loads correctly on the latest version please.

Not changed

I’ve recently updated the firmware but the Geo filter Rapp still didn’t work correctly, so I did a factory reset and now I can’t connect to the internet service provider I am using ( BT infinity ) I have tried to connect using PPPoE in the WAN settings page and still no internet.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Rafal said:

Not changed

Email [email protected] as they may have more suggestions.

2 hours ago, Minidude said:

I’ve recently updated the firmware but the Geo filter Rapp still didn’t work correctly, so I did a factory reset and now I can’t connect to the internet service provider I am using ( BT infinity ) I have tried to connect using PPPoE in the WAN settings page and still no internet.

How is the R2 connected to the internet, is it to the hub or modem? Did you use the same PPPoE details as before?

On 10/25/2020 at 10:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a new PM, please try that.

Thank you for the PM it seems that every update make the connection marginally more better, better speed and a more stable a bit longer but there are still drops.

I had a complete drop randomly last night sometime in the evening and I have a CONSITENT DROP every night around 2-3 AM. Which requires me to reset the modem and router every morning to have usable internet.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, iJoshyify said:

Thank you for the PM it seems that every update make the connection marginally more better, better speed and a more stable a bit longer but there are still drops.

I had a complete drop randomly last night sometime in the evening and I have a CONSITENT DROP every night around 2-3 AM. Which requires me to reset the modem and router every morning to have usable internet.

Sounds like the modem/router renews the DHCP lease once per day. On the modem/router give the R2 a static/reserved IP and that should prevent the issue happening.

I'm having the same problem with constant drop outs, devices gets kicked off (mostly sky Q) and when i enter my wifi password on the device it's not recognised, then have to reboot the router and it accepts the password until it drops out again! HELP!

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Philace866 said:

I'm having the same problem with constant drop outs, devices gets kicked off (mostly sky Q) and when i enter my wifi password on the device it's not recognised, then have to reboot the router and it accepts the password until it drops out again! HELP!

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps.

• Administrators
On 11/2/2020 at 2:09 AM, hallman0709 said:

I updated the firmware and I am still having issues with drop outs.  Can you help?

23 hours ago, IsaacBeast said:

I'm having issues with drop outs to, I PM you.. 

Upgrade to the latest public version here and then do a factory reset: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated to the latest public version, factory reset several times and yet I still continue to be randomly disconnected from the internet which requires a reboot of the R2 ( Unplugging from power, waiting ~30 seconds, plugging power back in). At this point I honestly don't know what else to do, any suggestions? I've tried putting the R2 into a static IP as well but every time I've done so I lose internet completely.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, NeoDiablo said:

I've updated to the latest public version, factory reset several times and yet I still continue to be randomly disconnected from the internet which requires a reboot of the R2 ( Unplugging from power, waiting ~30 seconds, plugging power back in). At this point I honestly don't know what else to do, any suggestions? I've tried putting the R2 into a static IP as well but every time I've done so I lose internet completely.

Email [email protected] with a link to your posts in this topic and your order number and we should be able to sort you out with a replacement.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sounds like the modem/router renews the DHCP lease once per day. On the modem/router give the R2 a static/reserved IP and that should prevent the issue happening.

Hi We would appreciate if you please share details how and where we could input STATIC IP. I know that it has to be done on Service Provider HUB. Not sure where i shall go in HUB to give static IP. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Hi We would appreciate if you please share details how and where we could input STATIC IP. I know that it has to be done on Service Provider HUB. Not sure where i shall go in HUB to give static IP. 

It should be in LAN Settings on your hub, should see the R2 as a connected device that you can apply the IP to.

37 minutes ago, XvZ said:

Netduma Fraser, I seem to be having the same issues as OP - Can you please provide me with a fix. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Are you on the R2? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware .179 and then done a reset?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be in LAN Settings on your hub, should see the R2 as a connected device that you can apply the IP to.

Are you on the R2? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware .179 and then done a reset?

Yes sir.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Email [email protected] with a link to your posts in this topic and your order number and we should be able to sort you out with a replacement.

I've sent the email, thank you for all your help in trying to get this issue remedied, I truly appreciate it and I hope you have a good weekend!

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, XvZ said:

Yes sir.

In DHCP lease settings change the hours to 168. For WiFi disable Mirror mode and give 2.4/5GHz different names and see if it performs better then please.

10 minutes ago, NeoDiablo said:

I've sent the email, thank you for all your help in trying to get this issue remedied, I truly appreciate it and I hope you have a good weekend!

You're welcome, thank you, you too!

On 11/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi it did work so far and lets see. Thanks

On 11/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Well i have upgraded it to firmware .179 but i did not RESET the router. Please let me know if its a must. Thanks

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Well i have upgraded it to firmware .179 but i did not RESET the router. Please let me know if its a must. Thanks

It isn't a must but recommended. If you encounter an issue then that is the first step I would suggest taking but if no issues then leave it as is.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, dr_leh1 said:

kindly fraser send to me pm i have same issue wifi keep discounted  

No need to send a PM, latest firmware is here:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Do a factory reset after upgrading.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to send a PM, latest firmware is here:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Do a factory reset after upgrading.

Hey Fraser,

I've been on 3.0.179 for several days. I'm still having my wifi drop (usually not broadcasting 2.4GHz first). What's the current checklist to fix?

Thanks.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, C00LhandNUK3 said:

Hey Fraser,

I've been on 3.0.179 for several days. I'm still having my wifi drop (usually not broadcasting 2.4GHz first). What's the current checklist to fix?

Thanks.

One that might help is disabling Syn Flood Protection in Settings. Other than that, setting reserved LAN IPs, disabling mirror mode, adjusting the channels and widths.