Dropping WiFi/internet

MrDeadDad

• Administrators
13 hours ago, NeoDiablo said:

Well I called my ISP, and they claim that they do not have the ability to change the lease time for my IP address...... which I don't know if I believe but that's what they told me.

Yeah I don't buy that. I have sent you another PM.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah I don't buy that. I have sent you another PM.

I've followed the instructions in the PM, still having the same issue. I did as asked, everything was working fine then I had to leave the house for a few hours. I came back, phone was working online but as soon as I turned on my PS4, everything went out. I've added the log from after I rebooted the R2.

log-1603240202818.txt

• Administrators
11 hours ago, NeoDiablo said:

I've followed the instructions in the PM, still having the same issue. I did as asked, everything was working fine then I had to leave the house for a few hours. I came back, phone was working online but as soon as I turned on my PS4, everything went out. I've added the log from after I rebooted the R2.

log-1603240202818.txt 69.02 kB · 2 downloads

Do a factory reset to prevent any legacy issues carrying over and then see if it is more stable.

A reboot will wipe the log so no need to provide it if you can only get it after a reboot, thanks though.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, bcoe30 said:

Hi Fraser , I’m back after the .138 to try . Work great for abit .. but now disconnects every thing in house . Need help ASAP . Any new builds to try ?! 

45 minutes ago, ercarlson8 said:

update seemed to be working for a day then lost wifi again which is about the same as before

Sent you both a PM.

I think I need the pm update also, I've been having to reset my router several times a day for awhile now my previous router was a netgear ac750 so my devices shouldn't be able to stress this router out right? 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, BP3K said:

I think I need the pm update also, I've been having to reset my router several times a day for awhile now my previous router was a netgear ac750 so my devices shouldn't be able to stress this router out right? 

Sent you a PM.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do a factory reset to prevent any legacy issues carrying over and then see if it is more stable.

A reboot will wipe the log so no need to provide it if you can only get it after a reboot, thanks though.

Done a factory reset, continue to have the same issue. It was working fine while using my phone while working out, then as soon as I turn on the PS4, it kicked the internet off. Then it happened again a little bit ago. Was watching netflix for a good couple hours on the PS4, put it into rest mode and went to do some things around the house for 5-10 minutes, using my phone in the process. Came back and turned the PS4 on and was kicked off once again. I know I have auto-enable for the QoS turned on, could that be the culprit? I'm honestly at a loss as to what could be causing the issue, perhaps I have a defective unit?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, NeoDiablo said:

Done a factory reset, continue to have the same issue. It was working fine while using my phone while working out, then as soon as I turn on the PS4, it kicked the internet off. Then it happened again a little bit ago. Was watching netflix for a good couple hours on the PS4, put it into rest mode and went to do some things around the house for 5-10 minutes, using my phone in the process. Came back and turned the PS4 on and was kicked off once again. I know I have auto-enable for the QoS turned on, could that be the culprit? I'm honestly at a loss as to what could be causing the issue, perhaps I have a defective unit?

I don't think it is defective, I've sent you another PM, please check.

Hi there, recently i've started to experiance the same issue with my R2 losing connection to internet and dropping wifi entirely. 

I noticed it would happen almost like clock work around the same time each evening,  now i can't even access my R2 or DumaOS ? The problem first started to occur after i had connected the R2 to my ISP modem and configured as DMZ HOST and setting the Detination IP for the DumosR2.

i also disabled the DHCP on the ISP modem.

After failing many attempts to get the R2 to reconnect internet i tried reseting the R2 itself and even power cycle a few ytimes, now i'm totally screwed and cannot even access Dumos OS via laptop. Unfortunately i've had to unplugg and retire my beloved R2 completely, i'm too worried i may only make the problem worse (if thats even possible now)  if i try to rectify the problem myself but don't even know where to start...please help :( 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, bcoe30 said:

Dropping all connection to every Device. What’s going on with this router ?  

Please adhere to all my points in the PM. Do a reset as well.

8 hours ago, Schnell said:

Hi there, recently i've started to experiance the same issue with my R2 losing connection to internet and dropping wifi entirely. 

I noticed it would happen almost like clock work around the same time each evening,  now i can't even access my R2 or DumaOS ? The problem first started to occur after i had connected the R2 to my ISP modem and configured as DMZ HOST and setting the Detination IP for the DumosR2.

i also disabled the DHCP on the ISP modem.

After failing many attempts to get the R2 to reconnect internet i tried reseting the R2 itself and even power cycle a few ytimes, now i'm totally screwed and cannot even access Dumos OS via laptop. Unfortunately i've had to unplugg and retire my beloved R2 completely, i'm too worried i may only make the problem worse (if thats even possible now)  if i try to rectify the problem myself but don't even know where to start...please help :( 

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps.

Of course I’ve troubled shoot before even posting this . I’m assuming you don’t have anymore builds to try ?!  I can’t have all my Devices going off line like this , my kids are home schooled for now . 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, bcoe30 said:

Of course I’ve troubled shoot before even posting this . I’m assuming you don’t have anymore builds to try ?!  I can’t have all my Devices going off line like this , my kids are home schooled for now . 

No, that is the latest. Assuming this is regarding WiFi? Have you disabled mirror mode and connected them manually to either 2.4/5GHz? Have you used a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that? Have you set DHCP lease hours to 168?

On 10/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, iJoshyify said:

Hello and thank you for the welcome! I just started using the R2 as of two days ago. The first few hours of using it was fine. I have 1000 down/40 up plan and have to use wifi for my set up.

Yesterday I was actually losing connection to internet. The morning I have stayed connect but internet has been "dropping" to basically 0 speed usually after 3 minutes of use and this is across multiple devices. Phone/Computer/ps4

Sorry for the slow response! I have been playing with things, so far I have changed channels on both my 2.4gh and 5gh and my connection is slower but my connection is is more stable!

Any help to get to fast and stable?

Hi sorry for the delay, I have been gone most off this month. Since your PM of the update my connection is a little bit more stable but still experiences drops and disconnects daily. On all devices, PC/PS4/Phone/Alexa

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, iJoshyify said:

Hi sorry for the delay, I have been gone most off this month. Since your PM of the update my connection is a little bit more stable but still experiences drops and disconnects daily. On all devices, PC/PS4/Phone/Alexa

I've sent you a new PM, please try that.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Rafal said:

An update @Netduma Fraser

I have tried posted firmware; Now, the connection seems more stable.

The new problem arose - rapps are not loading with an error message :

Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

Did you do a reset after updating? Otherwise a reboot should restore it.