R2 makes my NAT type "unavailable" or "Getting Info" on Xbox One X

Jriem

Hi all, 

I need some help I have the NETDUMA R2 router and it works only half of the time.. when it works it is a God send but when its not it can be so annoying at times. I'm having an issue with my xbox ones NAT type. It either says "Getting Info" or "unavailable". I thought this was a problem with internet as my R2 is plugged into my ISP modem without any bridging involved. So last night I plugged in my XR500 and it worked fine! No NAT type issues! Then I was curious, so I updated my XR500 to the new DumaOS 3.0 beta software and when I did my xbox could not obtain a NAT type. So im wondering is this an issue with the firmware or do I need to do something on the backend. Please Help!! I love my R2 but this has been an issue. 

Thank you

Are you using port forwarding or UPNP?  It is strange that both are giving you this issue.. I assume your modem is a modem only?

Thanks!

Zippy. 

Just to clarify your modem isnt a combo router/modem in one correct? If its a plain modem only and not a combo unit then I would try using port forwarding and see if that corrects your issue..  Some have good luck with UPNP and some dont and use port forwarding.. If you do have a combo unit modem/router in one then put the R2 into the DMZ of your modem..

Hope this makes sense..

Good luck!

Zippy.

Im not a 100% familiar with your setup but if you have the R2 plugged into one of your LAN ports of your modem it should assign it an Ip.. Does it do that? Your Xfinity must have a section that shows what devices are online and or hooked up. In there it will give you the info. Does that make sense?  Once you find that info just add it into the DMZ..Check that out.. Fraser may have to help you more with this as im not totally familiar with Xfinity..

Good luck!

Zippy.

• Administrators

You can find the IPv4 address you need from the R2 System Information page, shown under WAN IP. Enable DMZ and put that into the IPv4 boxes, don't think IPv6 will be required, then apply it. Reboot the console if it was already on and your NAT should show correctly.