Duma and artificial latency

CRarsenxL

I’m wondering if... the R2 lowers artificial latency in game so much that it’s actually a disadvantage? Like am I crazy or ??? I’m dying instantly and for them, I have to shoot ahead to kill them like ??

6 hours ago, fiefo said:

I’m wondering if... the R2 lowers artificial latency in game so much that it’s actually a disadvantage? Like am I crazy or ??? I’m dying instantly and for them, I have to shoot ahead to kill them like ??

Curious.... what do you mean by artificial latency?

It has nothing to do with it, the problem is the Cod servers, the R2 reduces your ping because it allows you to connect to nearby servers and avoid those that have the most delay, but it does not change your base ping, which is what the game is governed by. , the ping only varies depending on the server and the distance.

Regards!

5 hours ago, fiefo said:

It’s what balances online gameplay from different connections 

I think a better term would be lag compensation (generally implemented by devs). Artificial Latency for some reason reminds of me of like lag switching and just network manipulation. Lol.  

Can I get an older firmware and reload the 3.0 on it? Cod feels super weird rn. I’m getting melted and no one is dying. Why was it so good the first day and now it’s horrible. :( when I play p2p customs on cod, I’m dying in 2 bullets on Bo4. 

23 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Have you performed a factory reset?

i would do that then set up the router again and test.

It worked so well whne I first plugged it in and used it. After 2 days it went to rubber bullets and instant death

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fiefo said:

Can I get an older firmware and reload the 3.0 on it? Cod feels super weird rn. I’m getting melted and no one is dying. Why was it so good the first day and now it’s horrible. :( when I play p2p customs on cod, I’m dying in 2 bullets on Bo4. 

That's unlikely to help, you probably need to adjust your QoS settings or force some servers you wouldn't usually use. What version are you on at the moment?

I have a weird question. So I have a spare router Actiontec bridged for my TV set top boxes. Wireless off, but the lan ports work. I connect it to my R2 with the gateway of 192.168.2.1. I have about 4 set top boxes. R2 LAN - LAN action tec. I noticed it feels better when no one is watching tv. Is it possible the router is sort of “breaking” the connection with the R2?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's unlikely to help, you probably need to adjust your QoS settings or force some servers you wouldn't usually use. What version are you on at the moment?

The current one 

• Administrators

As the R2 isn't applying QoS to the individual devices and just to that router as a whole then it's likely there will be some congestion using that router so makes sense when they're not being used that it will work better. I would recommend putting that router in AP mode and you should get a better experience. There should be a new firmware quite soon so I would recommend waiting for that.

My setup now is ONT - R2  

xr300 AP mode for wireless devices

actiontec router connected via lan xr300 for STBs IPs. This just helps w IPs and the little internet it needs for guide and dvr

I disabled qos completely and have been having a way better experience. 

I noticed the ping graph in game was a steady line as well. When I used qos, the graph wouldn’t be smooth in fact it would dip and sort of not look smooth. Wondering if that has anything to do with why cod feels weird w Qos on

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, fiefo said:

I disabled qos completely and have been having a way better experience. 

I noticed the ping graph in game was a steady line as well. When I used qos, the graph wouldn’t be smooth in fact it would dip and sort of not look smooth. Wondering if that has anything to do with why cod feels weird w Qos on

If that is what works best for you then great!