ping heatmap

DanJayy

hey just wondering if you can help, just curious with this as im not very good with all these new settings, on this picture where its saying 15, is that possible to get in game if so where do i put the geo filter round ? 

2020-08-20.thumb.png.12db832a83c6a033708fe4f683feff77.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So what you are seeing there is a server cluster - 4 servers located in the same place. It will not be possible to pick between them (they're probably literally in the same building) when you use the Geo-Filter over that area but you have a 1/4 chance to get it. The ping for all of them is pretty good so they should play well regardless.

okay great, another question on the ping heatmap its showing the server, where should i be putting my geo filter, when i put it there it doesn't find a game i just see this in the second picture

2020-08-21.png

2020-08-21 (1).png

• Administrators

I would put it over the one that has appeared as allowed. Upgrade to this firmware first, then try again and see if it behaves better:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

i downloaded i cant see any difference at all, it looks like two of the servers are in the sea, on the xr300 its totally different, when i select geo filter circle on xr300 it stays inside, on the r2 its out of the circle where i select ? 

it looks like all the servers are in the wrong place 

even when my friend joins he lives in london so bottom right ish, he appears right at the top of uk 

1 hour ago, DanJayy said:

i downloaded i cant see any difference at all, it looks like two of the servers are in the sea, on the xr300 its totally different, when i select geo filter circle on xr300 it stays inside, on the r2 its out of the circle where i select ? 

it looks like all the servers are in the wrong place 

even when my friend joins he lives in london so bottom right ish, he appears right at the top of uk 

I’ve noticed this too mate. 
None of the locations seem accurate, or tie up with the heat map. 

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Delete the device from the Geo-Filter
  2. Hard turn off the console
  3. Flush the cloud in Geo-Filter Map options
  4. Re-add your device and setup the Geo-Filter how you wish to
  5. Wait 2 minutes 
  6. Boot up the console/game

Individual people will probably not be pin point accurate as we can't keep track of residential IPs as well.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, DanJayy said:

done all these steps, still putting me in a game outside of the geofilter, im selecting where ping heat map tells me the server is as well 

this is on modern warfare as well 

I've sent you a PM with a suggestion that worked for another user with a similar issue.

Done a factory reset and I am getting the same results then upgraded to the newer firmware and still getting the issue. It is like the server on the ping heat map and then the in game sever on the geo filter are in different locations to each other. 

14 minutes ago, Burger100 said:

Done a factory reset and I am getting the same results then upgraded to the newer firmware and still getting the issue. It is like the server on the ping heat map and then the in game sever on the geo filter are in different locations to each other. 

The locations on the heat map are correct same as my r1 but geo filter is all over the place