NetDuma R2 keeps disconnecting

Ghibli

I keep having issues with the R2 losing internet connection. WiFi disconnects, then Anything connected directly to the R2 loses connection. All lights on the modem & the R2 stay on. Not sure what’s causing this issue, anyone else having a similar problem? 

Literally having the same issue.  Mine disconnected randomly late last night, I went to bed and when I woke up it was working again.  Right now my computer is on it, but both consoles that are hardwired have no connection.

Both randomly disconnected like 6 hours ago and haven't been able to get back on since

Yes i'm having the issue as well, my PC loses wifi connection what feels like every 15 minutes while i'm working. It's a pain in the ass and I've resorted to running an ethernet cable across my apartment from 1 room to the other to have some stability. I know the devs are working hard on wifi related issues and it's been mentioned the next firmware will contain some wifi improvements. If it doesn't contain a fix for the disconnects it will at least have something extra to help the devs debug the issues

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum the both of you.

I've sent both of you a PM, hopefully that will help to alleviate your issues. As Johnny said above we're working very closely with users and will have a new firmware soon that will fix the issue or help us find out what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, Ghibli said:

Yoh, thank you for the help. quick question @Netduma Fraser I remember you mention changing the DHCP Lease time to 168, would you recommend changing that back after firmware Upgrade?

Entirely up to you, I'd recommend just leaving it enabled, unless you need the DHCP lease to renew more often.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 3:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum the both of you.

I've sent both of you a PM, hopefully that will help to alleviate your issues. As Johnny said above we're working very closely with users and will have a new firmware soon that will fix the issue or help us find out what the issue is.

Can you please help me out i have the same issue @Netduma Fraser

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue...internet dropping from both wired and wireless devices with all lights on the R2 still active. I have to unplug/replug in the R2 to solve temporarily. This just started about a week ago and I've had the R2 for about 1.5 months

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Cbarr12 said:

I am having the same issue...internet dropping from both wired and wireless devices with all lights on the R2 still active. I have to unplug/replug in the R2 to solve temporarily. This just started about a week ago and I've had the R2 for about 1.5 months

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Have you upgraded to the latest .179 firmware and then done a factory reset?

• 2 months later...

Ok, so we all have the same issue: random disconnect from wifi, (some times 2 or more times in a day, and works well for one or two days) but lights on. Is there a fix or do I have to go back to my old router and get rid of the netduma r2. It's just too anoying having to reset a less than a month new router too many times, and yes I updated to the last software, did the hard reset with the back button and started the settings all over again. Am I missing something?

14 hours ago, dragonsuicida said:

Ok, so we all have the same issue: random disconnect from wifi, (some times 2 or more times in a day, and works well for one or two days) but lights on. Is there a fix or do I have to go back to my old router and get rid of the netduma r2. It's just too anoying having to reset a less than a month new router too many times, and yes I updated to the last software, did the hard reset with the back button and started the settings all over again. Am I missing something?

Have you set the DHCP Lease time to 168 hours?

I Just set the DHCP to 168 see what happens. What does this setting do? When you ask about acces to interface, I belive you mean while internet is out. If so, yes it does, I can do a router reboot from the netduma os app if I am at the house, and wifi will come back on.

50 minutes ago, dragonsuicida said:

I Just set the DHCP to 168 see what happens. What does this setting do? When you ask about acces to interface, I belive you mean while internet is out. If so, yes it does, I can do a router reboot from the netduma os app if I am at the house, and wifi will come back on.

It's essentially how long it will take for an IP to expire at which point the router will assign a new one. Sorry I've edited my previous comment, realised that we already knew you had interface access :) 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Tony Zhao said:

Where is the option to do DHCP to 168? I'm having the same issue and it also says that my WAN IP is disconnected. @Netduma Liamwan.PNG.642a8a12399871bf0af4c6f984cb7687.PNG

You can find that in Settings > LAN > DHCP.

I've also responded to your specific topic.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tony Zhao said:

yeah thanks, but I tried that and it still doesn't work, I got a new modem/router combo and that seems to work fine now. Is there a way to receive a refund? @Netduma Fraser

If we continue in your topic I'm sure we can get it resolved. It depends where you purchased, you can check the terms here: https://netduma.com/terms

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Tony Zhao said:

I'm just gonna keep using my modem/router combo because I'm tired of scrolling through the forms.

No need to scroll, we can just try to resolve it in your topic. Any other company you probably wouldn't have received a response over the weekend anyway.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:02 AM, Netduma Liam said:

It's essentially how long it will take for an IP to expire at which point the router will assign a new one. Sorry I've edited my previous comment, realised that we already knew you had interface access :) 

It still cuts off couple times a day, and it's becoming really annoying for  everyone in the house. I bought it mainly to help with battlefield on psn, and there's no support for the game, and no difference while playing. If there's no fix, I will find out how to return it.  I am going back to my netgear...

3 hours ago, dragonsuicida said:

It still cuts off couple times a day, and it's becoming really annoying for  everyone in the house. I bought it mainly to help with battlefield on psn, and there's no support for the game, and no difference while playing. If there's no fix, I will find out how to return it.  I am going back to my netgear...

Are the drop less frequent than before or has changing DHCP lease time made no difference?

You can see our returns terms here: https://www.netduma.com/terms

• 1 month later...

Just got my factory pre order R2 and its having this issue.  Same as described by the others, all devices connected to the router lose internet connectivity and the R2 lights continue to flash, only unplugging/plugging the power cord back to the router seems to fix.

The router is running firmware version 3.0.205 but in case there was a minor update I downloaded this firmware version, installed it and then performed a factory reset.  All devices continue to lose connectivity after some time, this happens on wired and wireless connections.

Update: I just tried increasing the dns lease time to 168 hours though it disconnected in far less than the 12 it had as the default.  I lost all connectivity again maybe 5-10 minutes after.  I've set the router to allow remote troubleshooting, any assistance would be appreciated?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, emclean said:

Just got my factory pre order R2 and its having this issue.  Same as described by the others, all devices connected to the router lose internet connectivity and the R2 lights continue to flash, only unplugging/plugging the power cord back to the router seems to fix.

The router is running firmware version 3.0.205 but in case there was a minor update I downloaded this firmware version, installed it and then performed a factory reset.  All devices continue to lose connectivity after some time, this happens on wired and wireless connections.

Update: I just tried increasing the dns lease time to 168 hours though it disconnected in far less than the 12 it had as the default.  I lost all connectivity again maybe 5-10 minutes after.  I've set the router to allow remote troubleshooting, any assistance would be appreciated?

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What is your exact physical setup, i.e. are you using a pure modem (no wifi) or a modem/router (wifi)?