Disconects without reason

gplgr

Hello i just finished the setting of netduma r2 with my Tecnicolor TGA4130 and i have a strange problem.
Everything seems to work ok but i get weird disconnects. and i have to remove the power cable to have internet again in netduma r2 but on tecnicolor the internet never lost.
What is the problem does anyone know? It just happend two times in a row now.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Does it cut the internet completely? Does it occur on all devices? Does it occur for both WiFi and wired? I've also sent you a PM.

Hello and thank you.
It does cut internet completly.It occures on all devices.Both wifi and wired.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, please try my PM and let us know here how you get on.

Hello it still continues to work bad. I get disconected from overwatch and the ping is the same as i had before with exit lag.
It doesn't offer anything than disconnects unfortunatly for me. I had to rebbot this time to get it to work again.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, gplgr said:

Hello it still continues to work bad. I get disconected from overwatch and the ping is the same as i had before with exit lag.
It doesn't offer anything than disconnects unfortunatly for me. I had to rebbot this time to get it to work again.

I've sent you another PM.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you another PM.

Hello again @Netduma Fraser,After not using the pc for 1 day and 13 minutes i opened it today and immediatly the internet disconnected on the pc but i think wifi wasa working.
I had to restart the r2 to get internet back but after trying with static ip to my pc i entered a game of overwatch and i lost connection.
can i send some screeshots of my configuration f both r2 and the isp router to help me out with the disconnects please?
I don't wanna return it back for a refund and i wanna give another try to be sure it works.
Also i use exitlag for gaming.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried without exit lag to see if that still happens?

Yes please post them here and I'll take a look.

Here is the pictures of the modem (isp) and R2 also the ethernet on my pc tried with static ip on it.

• Administrators

Thanks for that information. Only two small things but hopefully they will help. Remove the static IP you have set on the PC itself - if you want to set that IP then reserve the IP for it on the router in DHCP settings. On DHCP Settings set the DHCP hours to 168 and apply.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that information. Only two small things but hopefully they will help. Remove the static IP you have set on the PC itself - if you want to set that IP then reserve the IP for it on the router in DHCP settings. On DHCP Settings set the DHCP hours to 168 and apply.

I just did the static ip on pc to test if it was better. I will do it as you said. Do i need static ip for pc?

On 9/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No you don't need it, so will be fine without. Let us know how you get on.

@Netduma Fraser
I see a bit of lag in the game but my ping is normal like 63-65.
I see people teleport infront of me and arrows passing throught them.
I used exitlag before for more than 2 months and the ping is stable with it.
Now with the r2 and exitlag i still have 63-65 ping but i have this issues.
Without exitlag my ping is 78-83.
I closed QOS to never still the same problem with microlag/teleporting.
Geo filter saws nothing to overwatch for me.
Do i need to do something to fix it please?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think this is probably due to your location/routing. Where abouts are you located? Where is the closest server as seen on the Geo-Filter?

I am located in Greece,The closest with the best ping is in Frankfurt.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:52 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's not too far away. If you use Ping heatmap do you see any servers with a lower ping?

With ping heat map there is no overwtach to see servers at all :(

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, gplgr said:

With ping heat map there is no overwtach to see servers at all :(

I've added Overwatch to our list of games to include. Judging by this website there are only a few servers for Overwatch so that is probably the issue, what ping do you get to each of these? https://pingtestlive.com/overwatch

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've added Overwatch to our list of games to include. Judging by this website there are only a few servers for Overwatch so that is probably the issue, what ping do you get to each of these? https://pingtestlive.com/overwatch

I get 66 and that is the ping i see in the geofilter but in the game i get 78 and i have small lag spikes like input lag . People teleporting or arrows passing throught without registering

• Administrators
16 hours ago, gplgr said:

I get 66 and that is the ping i see in the geofilter but in the game i get 78 and i have small lag spikes like input lag . People teleporting or arrows passing throught without registering

Okay so 66 is the ping direct to the server, games have processing delay as well which is what they added on to the ping that you see in game. I don't think there is much that can be done for this. Exit lag proved that it is the routing your ISP provides to the server that causes the issue and that is out of the routers control unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so 66 is the ping direct to the server, games have processing delay as well which is what they added on to the ping that you see in game. I don't think there is much that can be done for this. Exit lag proved that it is the routing your ISP provides to the server that causes the issue and that is out of the routers control unfortunately.

With my isp default  router and exitlag i had contstantly 64 ping without any issues.
Combined with netduma r2 and exitlag i get this issues....

On 9/20/2020 at 10:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

In game direct to the ISP router the ping was 66? Were any other devices connected to it at the time?

With my isp router all devices as now connected and only exitlag was 66 yes. without exit lag it was 75 average.

• Administrators

That is very strange. Try this please, connect the R2 back and then open command prompt and ping your Technicolor LAN IP and let us know what the results are please.

For example ping 192.168.1.1 -t 

The -t will keep it pinging and then when you feel like you've done it long enough press Ctrl + C on the keyboard to stop it.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That is very strange. Try this please, connect the R2 back and then open command prompt and ping your Technicolor LAN IP and let us know what the results are please.

For example ping 192.168.1.1 -t 

The -t will keep it pinging and then when you feel like you've done it long enough press Ctrl + C on the keyboard to stop it.

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.0.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=63
Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63