NetDuma R2 keeps disconnecting

Ghibli

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can see you're using IPv6 now, if you disable this do you see the same issue?

I turned off ipv6 when I factory reset the r2 and the connection only lasted about 3 hours 

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you set the static IP address exactly, did you use the WAN IP from the System Information page?

No I just set a reserved address for my R2 on the modem. So I went to the connected devices tab and set a reserved address and set it to 10.0.0.106

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, syrupD said:

No I just set a reserved address for my R2 on the modem. So I went to the connected devices tab and set a reserved address and set it to 10.0.0.106

Set the IP statically in the R2 WAN Settings as well please and also change the DHCP hours in DHCP settings to 168. Reboot the router from the interface once you've applied both. 

Settings for static will be:

IP 10.0.0.106
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway/router 10.0.0.1

a mi tambien me pasa, la mayoria del tiempo sin internet y le di reset y el password que dice por debajo no era, tuve que conectarme via cable para configurarlo pero como quiera no hay internet y conecto my router viejo y funciona

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Oviel said:

a mi tambien me pasa, la mayoria del tiempo sin internet y le di reset y el password que dice por debajo no era, tuve que conectarme via cable para configurarlo pero como quiera no hay internet y conecto my router viejo y funciona

He respondido a tu tema

On 4/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Set the IP statically in the R2 WAN Settings as well please and also change the DHCP hours in DHCP settings to 168. Reboot the router from the interface once you've applied both. 

Settings for static will be:

IP 10.0.0.106
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway/router 10.0.0.1

I ended up updating to a previous firmware version and the connection only lasted about 2 days. I updated back to the current firmware and set up the IP statically in the WAN settings and changed the DHCP hours like you suggested and it lasted about 4 days until I just now lost connection again. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, syrupD said:

I ended up updating to a previous firmware version and the connection only lasted about 2 days. I updated back to the current firmware and set up the IP statically in the WAN settings and changed the DHCP hours like you suggested and it lasted about 4 days until I just now lost connection again. 

I'm not sure what else I can suggest at the moment as we've tried the workarounds and that should be helping. In DHCP Settings, reduce the pool amount, then reserve IPs for your devices with IPs outside the pool. So for example:

Default Pool : 192.168.77.2 - 192.168.77.254
Changed Pool : 192.168.77.20 - 192.168.77.254

Reserved IPs:

77.2, 77.3, 77.4 etc

then reboot the R2 from the interface and see if that works please.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure what else I can suggest at the moment as we've tried the workarounds and that should be helping. In DHCP Settings, reduce the pool amount, then reserve IPs for your devices with IPs outside the pool. So for example:

Default Pool : 192.168.77.2 - 192.168.77.254
Changed Pool : 192.168.77.20 - 192.168.77.254

Reserved IPs:

77.2, 77.3, 77.4 etc

then reboot the R2 from the interface and see if that works please.

This didn’t work either unfortunately 

1 hour ago, syrupD said:

This didn’t work either unfortunately 

Do you have another router that you can run behind the R2 as an access point and have all Wi-Fi devices connect to this? This will allow us to test if it's Wi-Fi/DHCP that could be causing the disconnections.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have another router that you can run behind the R2 as an access point and have all Wi-Fi devices connect to this? This will allow us to test if it's Wi-Fi/DHCP that could be causing the disconnections.

This is how I’ve had it setup, whenever it disconnects all devices connected to the access point  lose connection and my devices connected directly to the r2 through Ethernet also lose connection 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, syrupD said:

This is how I’ve had it setup, whenever it disconnects all devices connected to the access point  lose connection and my devices connected directly to the r2 through Ethernet also lose connection 

It's going to require a firmware fix so I don't think there is much else we can suggest as you've done all the potential workarounds. We could do a replacement but it may happen again

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's going to require a firmware fix so I don't think there is much else we can suggest as you've done all the potential workarounds. We could do a replacement but it may happen again

Would a new firmware update potentially fix this issue? 

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, syrupD said:

Would a new firmware update potentially fix this issue? 

Yes it would fix it, we're working on this issue currently and getting lots of useful data to help us, I don't have an ETA unfortunately

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it would fix it, we're working on this issue currently and getting lots of useful data to help us, I don't have an ETA unfortunately

I’m thinking I’ll probably wait until then especially since a replacement can have the same issue. The disconnects are annoying but they don’t really affect anything too important to me other than the internet not working and they havnt been occurring too frequently only really about once every other day. One question I have is if it somehow gets worse to where it disconnects more frequently and isn’t really usable will the option for a replacement always be available? 

12 hours ago, syrupD said:

I’m thinking I’ll probably wait until then especially since a replacement can have the same issue. The disconnects are annoying but they don’t really affect anything too important to me other than the internet not working and they havnt been occurring too frequently only really about once every other day. One question I have is if it somehow gets worse to where it disconnects more frequently and isn’t really usable will the option for a replacement always be available? 

Sure thing, yes if it gets to that point I don't see why we won't be able to send a new one out to you.

So I've been having the same issues discussed in this forum. Random disconnects on my Desktop and WiFi. The only way to get back the signal is to disconnect the router and plug it back in.

I have tried all the suggestions giving to others with similar issues and the problem still persist. Not sure what next steps I could take whether you have another solution or possibly get a replacement but if you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, spereze062 said:

So I've been having the same issues discussed in this forum. Random disconnects on my Desktop and WiFi. The only way to get back the signal is to disconnect the router and plug it back in.

I have tried all the suggestions giving to others with similar issues and the problem still persist. Not sure what next steps I could take whether you have another solution or possibly get a replacement but if you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. We have to verify there is a fault before we can authorize a replacement so we'll have to go through steps you may have already tried first. If you could make a new topic that would be best so we can focus on your issue. If you could let us know the modem/router model the R2 is connected to in that post that would be a good starting point.

• 4 weeks later...

keep having issues with the R2 losing internet connection. WiFi disconnects, then Anything connected directly to the R2 loses connection. All lights on the modem & the R2 stay on. Not sure what’s causing this issue, anyone else having a similar problem

9 hours ago, tweaked out said:

keep having issues with the R2 losing internet connection. WiFi disconnects, then Anything connected directly to the R2 loses connection. All lights on the modem & the R2 stay on. Not sure what’s causing this issue, anyone else having a similar problem

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are you still able to access the DumaOS interface when the disconnections occur?

Could you please go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the Lease time to 168 hours, then reboot the R2 from the three-dot menu in the top right?

11 minutes ago, tweaked out said:

no i have to reset the router then i can access the os 

to no avail still having the same issues

Thanks for confirming, have you experienced another disconnect after changing the lease time as I mentioned above? 

Are all devices disconnecting or is this limited to Wi-Fi devices?