Dear all netduma r2 user...

Chaiyoabc

I am still on the fence to buy r2. I would like to know your r2 experience comparing to r1. Does it actually improve your game connection and lag compensation when you playing video games? Or it is the same? 

I am a long-time r1 users but I also have Asus rt-ac88u gaming router. I am not sure if it is worth to buy one extra gaming router

Wired the router performs well. But the current firmware version of duma os 3.0 on this R2 router has WiFi issues. Example the wifi range and speed is limited and some of my device dont connect very well. Also I have to reboot the router everyday once so the wifi that is working keeps working or else it just stops connecting. There is suppose to be a firmware update coming out this week to help with wifi issues. Currently I would say buying a R2 is like paying for early access to a game. Expect issues and updates. I for sure keeping my XR500 waiting for the duma os 3 release or beta due to the better hardware. I rely on my wifi for common device like smart phones tablets...ets so its important for me to have it be reliable.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, FaTaL said:

Wired the router performs well. But the current firmware version of duma os 3.0 on this R2 router has WiFi issues. Example the wifi range and speed is limited and some of my device dont connect very well. Also I have to reboot the router everyday once so the wifi that is working keeps working or else it just stops connecting. There is suppose to be a firmware update coming out this week to help with wifi issues. Currently I would say buying a R2 is like paying for early access to a game. Expect issues and updates. I for sure keeping my XR500 waiting for the duma os 3 release or beta due to the better hardware. I rely on my wifi for common device like smart phones tablets...ets so its important for me to have it be reliable.

We're working very closely with a number of users at the moment who are having various WiFi issues and we'll be releasing a firmware soon that includes fixes and improvements as well as additional options to help with this. I've sent you a firmware now that may help a bit.

4 hours ago, FaTaL said:

That sucks to hear. How about experience about gaming when wired? Shoot first die first? What game do you play? 

2 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

That sucks to hear. How about experience about gaming when wired? Shoot first die first? What game do you play? 

If you're seriously about gaming you should always play wired. My experience has been great, I've rarely had any shoot first die first moments since using the R2 (it was really common with my AC68U though.) Yes i'm experiencing wifi issues atm but the devs are working hard to improve this.

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

If you're seriously about gaming you should always play wired. My experience has been great, I've rarely had any shoot first die first moments since using the R2 (it was really common with my AC68U though.) Yes i'm experiencing wifi issues atm but the devs are working hard to improve this.

thanks!! hope your wifi issue get sorted out soon. 

Anyway would you mind sharing your r2 setting? and what is your ping? and how fast is your ISP bandwidth. 

Cheers 

31 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

thanks!! hope your wifi issue get sorted out soon. 

Anyway would you mind sharing your r2 setting? and what is your ping? and how fast is your ISP bandwidth. 

Cheers 

I have direct fibre connection, my internet speed is 100/40. Sliders set to 70/50 with traffic prioritisation for PS4. I haven't tried any other settings because this seems to be working great for me. I sometimes come across people with bad internet that kinda put the hit detection off when i shoot them/feels like they see me a split second first but there's nothing you can really do about that, it's due to the lag comp.

Ping in-game fluctuates between 20-30ms. Geo filter in dumaos shows ping to the server as 6-7ms (not sure how it gets this result, i think it's the last hop to the server it's pinging because I don't think you can actually ping modern warfare servers - i've pulled IP's with wireshark and tried to ping them but they don't respond)

cb.JPG

12 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I am still on the fence to buy r2. I would like to know your r2 experience comparing to r1. Does it actually improve your game connection and lag compensation when you playing video games? Or it is the same? 

I am a long-time r1 users but I also have Asus rt-ac88u gaming router. I am not sure if it is worth to buy one extra gaming router

Hi guys!

Honestly, the answer to your question is yes. It is true that if your connection is not good the R2 cannot work miracles, but currently the Qos it has is one of the best I have seen so far, I share some images for you to evaluate.

image.thumb.png.7f55f93bc844bcf66698dd8845a318f2.png

This is with the sliders at 100%, as you see the buffelbloat is pretty crazy

image.thumb.png.a49fd6f6fa938fe9ff57b935fca3a54d.png

This is with the Auto-Setup that it brings in which the R2 makes several tests and is configured with the best speed to improve the bufferbloat

image.thumb.png.87e29df2beb0f49a1b0403928608b7b6.png

And if you are looking for something more refined, you can manually search for the best position of the bars and get a better bufferbloat.
As you can see, the appearance has changed a lot compared to the first image.

Regarding the Wifi, it is something that is simply to get a correction in the next firmware and surely the Netduma team will correct it. For the rest tell him that it works very well and if you have a family you will hardly notice your use of the network and it brings very cool options such as Traffic controller, adblocker, etc ...

Regards!

Coming from using an edgrouter lite then an edgerouter 4 both of which i really liked, I've been really pleased with the r2 so far. The geo filter and adblocker are two options that have made the price of entry definitely worth it just on those options alone for me. Already feel its what I would recommend for a console gamer as a router as its incredibly rare to get a game that lets you see your ping and pick servers based on that. Great price , great product.

Regarding wireless I'm not using the netduma's wireless as I have an access point in the middle of my house way better placed for coverage thany any router could possibly provide based on where I have to locate my router.So cant comment on that.