can't access the Dumaos interface

celebrimbor93

Guest Killhippie

As Pollution blues has said, and oddly another reset may help. try holding the reset button for 20 seconds, that worked for mine after the hotfix.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser/device are you using to access the interface? 

just had similar problem, it took a good few minutes to connect to dashboard 

20 hours ago, celebrimbor93 said:

i can't access the 198.168.77.1 it says internet not secured , username and password required but when i proceed to fill it out it never works , i even factory reset the router and the problem is still here , i need help 

I have issues when I run it on anything other than Chrome. I have a Mac and try to run it on there and it simply doesn't function, loss of chat connection and lobby booting. But on Chrome it runs great. And I also get the "connection not secure" but if your on Chrome it's just for the interface which is on the local network and  nothing sensitive is entered into the router. I have inquired about it several times over the years and have never had an issue with anything going wrong. Again this is my experience and your milage may vary but yes the message is alarming still, so I get where you're coming from.

Guest Killhippie
40 minutes ago, fuzzy clam said:

I have issues when I run it on anything other than Chrome. I have a Mac and try to run it on there and it simply doesn't function, loss of chat connection and lobby booting. But on Chrome it runs great. And I also get the "connection not secure" but if your on Chrome it's just for the interface which is on the local network and  nothing sensitive is entered into the router. I have inquired about it several times over the years and have never had an issue with anything going wrong. Again this is my experience and your milage may vary but yes the message is alarming still, so I get where you're coming from.

The reason the message appears in because the login is http as you probably know but you are only logging into your own device, it could man in the middle attacks I suppose but Netduma seems very secure.  Maybe they can change the login to https long term. I Lao am. Mac user and using the R2 on Firefox on my iMac with 10.15.6 I can login fine. 

• Administrators

We'll try reproduce logging in using different browsers. It would be uprising if that did not work as I'm sure that has been tested many times before.  

As others mentioned the browser says it is not secure because it is not using https. But you are only communicating locally and it shouldn't have any sensitive data being transmitted. That being said we'll add https to the roadmap. I think the problems we had in the past is that it is very slow. But if people want it we can definitely bring it back.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, celebrimbor93 said:

i just solved the problem by resetting it for a 3rd time and this time i used chrome from the start  . thank you every one for your help 

Glad it is working :)

One quick question please. When you use a browser other than chrome did the setup tour work correctly? 

Hi @celebrimbor93

Sorry to pile on the questions, but have you had any previous DumaOS routers? I have tested with many browsers and found that the only occasion on which this would occur is if the browser had previously cached some DumaOS data.

It also appears that the login window can be bypassed by simply pressing Cancel.

14 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hi @celebrimbor93

Sorry to pile on the questions, but have you had any previous DumaOS routers? I have tested with many browsers and found that the only occasion on which this would occur is if the browser had previously cached some DumaOS data.

It also appears that the login window can be bypassed by simply pressing Cancel.

no this is actually my first time using any netduma router .  

On 8/14/2020 at 4:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information and welcome! If you click cancel on the login does that give you access?

No it doesn't even when I cancel , I'm having problems on chrome and Mozilla,  but now my internet explorer is doing fine , I can access the interface with no problems through internet explorer...

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, celebrimbor93 said:

No it doesn't even when I cancel , I'm having problems on chrome and Mozilla,  but now my internet explorer is doing fine , I can access the interface with no problems through internet explorer...

Did you have adblockers on the actual browsers? That could interfere. If you use any of the major adblockers like uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus and apps like privacy badger on Firefox etc. So  it may be an idea to not adblock those devices in the router and to whitelist the R2 login and its GUI URLS. in any browser based adblockers.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, celebrimbor93 said:

Are you using Edge or the old Internet Explorer? As above were you using any Ad blockers on Chrome/Firefox?