Need help with my benchmark.

Logic

Were you trying to login via chrome? I had the issue last night where I couldn't access the GUI at all unless I launched a chrome incognito window. I tried clearing my cache but trying to access the router through a normal chrome session it would just endlessly load a blank page. I didn't try a factory reset, is that the pin hole on the back of the router? If so, how long do you keep it pressed in ad does it wipe all settings?

14 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Were you trying to login via chrome? I had the issue last night where I couldn't access the GUI at all unless I launched a chrome incognito window. I tried clearing my cache but trying to access the router through a normal chrome session it would just endlessly load a blank page. I didn't try a factory reset, is that the pin hole on the back of the router? If so, how long do you keep it pressed in ad does it wipe all settings?

Yes all settings wiped on a reset. You hold the button in for about 20 seconds max

• Administrators
10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

If this still happens for you would you be willing to do a TeamViewer session so that we could take a look?

43 minutes ago, Sable said:

When you factory reset just leave login details to admin and password

that shouldn't matter tbh, if i wanne change my settings it should just work fine :P

On 8/12/2020 at 3:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for clarifying that's really good then. We'll need to see if we can try and boost the speed reported by benchmark. No nothing bad, it just provides a rating based on how much of the speed you are getting compared to what you've said you get.

Fraser i'm still trying to get the triple A+  rating ,my qos speeds are set to auto and around 500-600mb,they don't affect the benchmark as i'm getting 583mb for download and 117 for upload but no A+ rating,someone on twitter got A+ on the speed part with over just 400mb download,can't see why benchmark isn't marking my speeds correctly

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, chand93 said:

Fraser i'm still trying to get the triple A+  rating ,my qos speeds are set to auto and around 500-600mb,they don't affect the benchmark as i'm getting 583mb for download and 117 for upload but no A+ rating,someone on twitter got A+ on the speed part with over just 400mb download,can't see why benchmark isn't marking my speeds correctly

It will depend on the time of day, congestion with the ISP etc. I'd recommend setting a schedule and see how it performs over the period of a day so you know exactly the pattern your connection works on.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It will depend on the time of day, congestion with the ISP etc. I'd recommend setting a schedule and see how it performs over the period of a day so you know exactly the pattern your connection works on.

Thanks for the advice Fraser,i'll get it on a schedule and see how it varies,didn't expect congestion on a full fibre line,maybe BT can do something after the R2 collects some data.