Jump to content
Sukhi

Qos Traffic

Recommended Posts

Im playing call of duty from my computer, but the traffic Prioritization doesn't turn on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it would be in the DUMA Classified games. 

Should i be porting the ports for the traffic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh okay, but i have question about that. Let say i have the computer just running idle, will the traffic still be on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Netduma Fraser, same for valorant , battlefield (4, 1 ) and csgo, the game console preset doesn't work on pc for these three games (battlefront 2 "2017" works perfectly with "classified games" and "console preset"). 

In geo-filter, we're not seeing valorant , battlefield and csgo servers either so the geo-filter doesn't work with these games for the moment.

Also, in ping heatmap a cod server is at 16-17ms for me. In geo-filter, I put 20 on Ping Assist, it gives me 23ms, 29ms etc servers but not the one I want. 

Best regards

Densha-Warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Densha-Warrior said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser, same for valorant , battlefield (4, 1 ) and csgo, the game console preset doesn't work on pc for these three games (battlefront 2 "2017" works perfectly with "classified games" and "console preset"). 

In geo-filter, we're not seeing valorant , battlefield and csgo servers either so the geo-filter doesn't work with these games for the moment.

Also, in ping heatmap a cod server is at 16-17ms for me. In geo-filter, I put 20 on Ping Assist, it gives me 23ms, 29ms etc servers but not the one I want. 

Best regards

Densha-Warrior

Just to confirm, the specific services for these games, classified games and also the games console service doesn't work? 

How have you added to the Geo-Filter, using services or with the PC set to a console in Device Manager and then added with the console service?

Can you force that server if you place a polygon over the location instead and disable Ping Assist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to confirm, the specific services for these games, classified games and also the games console service doesn't work? 

How have you added to the Geo-Filter, using services or with the PC set to a console in Device Manager and then added with the console service?

Can you force that server if you place a polygon over the location instead and disable Ping Assist?

Ok, csgo works on traffic Prioritization as a pc and geo-filter as console on device manager. Valorant works with "game console" preset prioritization but Battlefield not at all.

In geo-filter, i used both to try for Valorant and Battlefield ( using services and with the PC set to a console in Device Manager) but it doesn't work.

Valorant, i see the server but if I put the filter on (all the world), all servers are blocked, enter the game is impossible.

I force for codmw, but it's the same. (sometimes, i have it (the server with 15ms)) but not all the time.

Something else about the geo-filter and Ping Heatmap:

The Cod servers's location on PH are in Paris (I guess XD) but in GF, they are in "Normandie" Northern France. Not the same location at all. 

Best Regards

Densha-Warrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for that information. We'll look into the Traffic Prioritization issues. For BF on the Geo-Filter I don't think it's compatible as you can select your own servers, for Valorant we still need to test this I believe. Yes there are some mislocated servers that we need to move as well. If you notice any, please post them here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for that information. We'll look into the Traffic Prioritization issues. For BF on the Geo-Filter I don't think it's compatible as you can select your own servers, for Valorant we still need to test this I believe. Yes there are some mislocated servers that we need to move as well. If you notice any, please post them here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/

ok, but why ping assist doesn't work as well ? I want this 16-17 ms server! XD It's so cool to play on it

and why pc must be "console device" for working better? Guys! It's the same problem on xr500 and others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Densha-Warrior said:

ok, but why ping assist doesn't work as well ? I want this 16-17 ms server! XD It's so cool to play on it

What you have to know first is that the majority of the pings returned are not 100% true. To show you this grab the ip addresses from geo or ping heatmap and run it through a cmd promt using the tracert.

You will see that the last hops are unreachable, but the figures shown in geo filter and ping heatmap will show you the last reachable ping. In some cases this reachable ping will be the same as end destination.

Also to continue to show you this, if you check the in game ping say on Modern Warfare and compare it to that of the geo filter you will also see this.

In my conclusion the closer you live to a particular server the ping returned is going to be pretty close. You need to adjust your ping assist to a higher value to get what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to that I find that ping assist has simply never worked well if there is a lot of servers in your area that have close latency's.

 

You have to take latency variation into account so set it a touch higher than the one you want, but if you have different locations at 15, 17, 20ms they are too close to differentiate.

 

It also depend on how much jitter there is on your line. The game pings the servers and when you just happen to have a latency spike, DumaOS drops the server.

 

Since we have polygons for geofilter now, the better way is simply looking at the locations for these servers and drawing a small square around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bert said:

In addition to that I find that ping assist has simply never worked well if there is a lot of servers in your area that have close latency's.

 

You have to take latency variation into account so set it a touch higher than the one you want, but if you have different locations at 15, 17, 20ms they are too close to differentiate.

 

It also depend on how much jitter there is on your line. The game pings the servers and when you just happen to have a latency spike, DumaOS drops the server.

 

Since we have polygons for geofilter now, the better way is simply looking at the locations for these servers and drawing a small square around them.

 

2 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

What you have to know first is that the majority of the pings returned are not 100% true. To show you this grab the ip addresses from geo or ping heatmap and run it through a cmd promt using the tracert.

You will see that the last hops are unreachable, but the figures shown in geo filter and ping heatmap will show you the last reachable ping. In some cases this reachable ping will be the same as end destination.

Also to continue to show you this, if you check the in game ping say on Modern Warfare and compare it to that of the geo filter you will also see this.

In my conclusion the closer you live to a particular server the ping returned is going to be pretty close. You need to adjust your ping assist to a higher value to get what you want. 

I know guys. My jitter is 0.28ms on R2 connection benchmark, I have Fiber. 25 on ping assist is the best for me. But I just say this one for more control in the future. Maybe one day, we'll choose directly servers XD^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Densha-Warrior said:

ok, but why ping assist doesn't work as well ? I want this 16-17 ms server! XD It's so cool to play on it

and why pc must be "console device" for working better? Guys! It's the same problem on xr500 and others. 

In addition to some of the comments above, Ping Assist allows/denies based on the first ping result to that server. If it is under that limit then it will allow it but pings can fluctuate and sometimes it will go higher than that but it's already been allowed and that's why you then connect to a game that appears outside your ping limit. It's not a hard limit, it's to assist the Geo-Filter. The console service has more ports in it's range which is why it works for all the PC games, we need to do more optimization on this and we will. I've already passed your comments onto the team about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In addition to some of the comments above, Ping Assist allows/denies based on the first ping result to that server. If it is under that limit then it will allow it but pings can fluctuate and sometimes it will go higher than that but it's already been allowed and that's why you then connect to a game that appears outside your ping limit. It's not a hard limit, it's to assist the Geo-Filter. The console service has more ports in it's range which is why it works for all the PC games, we need to do more optimization on this and we will. I've already passed your comments onto the team about it.

Thank you for the information, I didn't know it wasn't a hard limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...