slow speed

Ezy Ms

• Administrators

Thanks for that, it's not being limited by the ethernet cables then. Could you factory reset the R1 from the interface then disable the QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu and do a wired PC speed test please and see if it is more in line with what you expect?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, it's not being limited by the ethernet cables then. Could you factory reset the R1 from the interface then disable the QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu and do a wired PC speed test please and see if it is more in line with what you expect?

As you can see from the picture, that was the first test i did after i reset both routers.

i don't know what to do anymore bro.

new.png

@Netduma Admin are there no other person other than Fraser that could help?  Nothing against him but I'm waiting forever to get a reply. 

I want to get done of this quick, i can't keep coming back to this page to see if i got reply hence the reason why i was asking for a number early.

Guest Killhippie
21 hours ago, Ezy Ms said:

@Netduma Admin are there no other person other than Fraser that could help?  Nothing against him but I'm waiting forever to get a reply. 

I want to get done of this quick, i can't keep coming back to this page to see if i got reply hence the reason why i was asking for a number early.

I'll have to agree, the R1 is old no matter what the admins say. Its 5 year old hardware, 600Mhz CPU, 2.4Ghz wireless only 128MB ram, when you could get a R7800 Netgear gaming router (without DumaOS) with Qualcomm's  streamboost QoS, a dual core CPU running at 1.7Ghz CPU and great third party support on smallnetbuilder for almost the same money. Id suggest getting the XR500, not the XR300 or XR700 they are buggy tbh. You need to stay with more modern tech as I see it, no offence to the team they work very hard but maybe send the router back and try the XR500 its a good router, they all have quirks as does any router from any manufacturer but the R1 is limited and old.

Guest Killhippie
12 minutes ago, Ezy Ms said:

@Killhippie @Newfie thank you guys, i don't know about their return policy since i have it for 2 weeks now,  but I'll give a go. 

14 days but since nobody has helped you maybe @Netduma Fraser or @Netduma Alex or @Netduma Admin will make sure this is sorted, if you bought it on a credit card, contact your card company as nobody has responded if you have sent a returns request, I take it you did?