slow speed

Ezy Ms

i'm on VM 300 down 30 up, i just bought the R1 and just updated to the latest OS, but upon checking my internet speed, i saw i was on 26 down and 6 up on my phone, i usually got around 80 to 90 down with my vm router.

what is going on? 

on my console, my ping is stable which is good but i love to know how i can make my ping even lower. 

thanks  

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In the Anti-Bufferbloat options on the QoS page do you have your expected speeds input there? Are you using QoS at all? What do you get from a wired PC?

yes, i did put the speed i'm supposed to get which is 300 down and 30 up, yes i am using the Qos to take advantage of what this router offers.

i have not been checking my speeds cos i been busy trying to get low pings but i have just done a speed test on my xbox and got 142 down and 5 up! my speed got destroyed.

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you are using QoS then speed will be reduced to eliminate local congestion so that is normal. Do you get the expected speeds via a wired PC?

no, speed has gone down drastically on every device weather on Wi-Fi or wired, 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat options menu do you get closer to the expected speeds?

i have just done that and got 52.31 down, 13.16 up on wired pc, way below the speed i used to get.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using the VM in router mode and do you have other devices connected to the VM router? If so that will pull bandwidth away from the devices connected to the R1.

no, its on modem mode.

24 minutes ago, Ezy Ms said:

wait, how can i do that? i'm struggling

im so confused, i have just reset the VM router, my phone got connected back into the VM router, i tried using the R1 whilst not enabling modem mode but i just can't seem to.

new to these kind of stuff 

• Administrators

Well done for figuring it out. That is much better! I've had trouble with VM modem mode and so have others so I would recommend you leave it in router mode. Now to make it essentially act like a modem disable the VM WiFi and also put the R1 WAN IP (found in System Information on the R1) into the DMZ. 

Ok I have done that, tested both wire and wireless and never achieved at least 100 down nor 30 up. 

and i'm getting this "RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain"  when i try change things.

• Administrators

So the speed has dropped by 100 now? Disable QoS fully from Anti-Bufferbloat settings, does it bring the speeds up? 

What settings are you changing where you see that error appearing? Reboot and the error should disappear.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So the speed has dropped by 100 now? Disable QoS fully from Anti-Bufferbloat settings, does it bring the speeds up? 

What settings are you changing where you see that error appearing? Reboot and the error should disappear.

yes i have rebooted and it's gone, and for the speed thing, it dropped by 150, with wired test i don't even get to 100 when i pay for 300. i'm getting packet loss on xbox now too. i'm so confused, is there a number i can call netduma which isn't premium?  i bought this device to fix my problems but i'm having even more problems now lol

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with QoS entirely disabled? How are you measuring that packet loss? No we don't have a number unfortunately as we're a small company.

Yes, entirely disabled. I'm measuring on my xbox wired. Ok

Guest Killhippie
18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with QoS entirely disabled? How are you measuring that packet loss? No we don't have a number unfortunately as we're a small company.

I have a gardener he is a small company of one, and he has a phone number...

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Ezy Ms said:

Yes, entirely disabled. I'm measuring on my xbox wired. Ok

What do you get from a wired PC?

4 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I have a gardener he is a small company of one, and he has a phone number...

We have a number, just not for support. Thanks for your feedback.

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We have a number, just not for support. Thanks for your feedback.

I meant for returns etc Fraser, god forbid dealing with daily questions that would swamp anyone.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

i have just done a test on wired, got 86 down and 17 up. way below for what i pay for 300 down and 30 up.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Ezy Ms said:

i have just done a test on wired, got 86 down and 17 up. way below for what i pay for 300 down and 30 up.

That was a PC test? Is it fluctuating throughout the day without changing any settings? Do you get similar speeds when connecting direct to the VM hub?

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That was a PC test? Is it fluctuating throughout the day without changing any settings? Do you get similar speeds when connecting direct to the VM hub?

yes it was wired pc test,

and no, it seems to be staying the same never reaches 100 though which is disappointing knowing this router can handle up to 200+