Cod MW geo-filter is messed up now after latest update

Chaiyoabc

Hi, 

since the latest update. It seems like they have broke something which made netduma os cannot do geo filtering properly

Singapore servers that I always have been playing on have been mislocated. Now it mixes up with australia servers and japan servers 

please have netduma team configure your end to match with last patch. 

if you need more info. Please let me know 

9 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Hi, 

since the latest update. It seems like they have broke something which made netduma os cannot do geo filtering properly

Singapore servers that I always have been playing on have been mislocated. Now it mixes up with australia servers and japan servers 

please have netduma team configure your end to match with last patch. 

if you need more info. Please let me know 

Yea I noticed something was off, my geo filter in uk and I’m getting in to German server.

• Administrators

When did you notice it exactly? - Just want to make sure it was after a game patch and not after a cloud update.The best thing you could do to help would be to enter any mislocated host IDs that you find into this form so that we can update the cloud:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-post-here/

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When did you notice it exactly? - Just want to make sure it was after a game patch and not after a cloud update.The best thing you could do to help would be to enter any mislocated host IDs that you find into this form so that we can update the cloud:

I also noticed it, and it was after the update, the update was on Wednesday morning @Netduma Fraser

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 12:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Fraser, I would like to inform you that server mislocation still hasn't been fixed. I have made update in this thread. 

please fix it. Thank you  

there is something seriously broken with netduma's geo filter. I have been having the same problems out of India. It was fine 3 weeks back. Now its completely broken. Posted on my other thread. 

• Administrators

I've identified an issue with the cloud with Alex so that should be resolved which will make the updates more effective from now on. Move your home location and force the mislocated server to be the host.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've identified an issue with the cloud with Alex so that should be resolved which will make the updates more effective from now on. Move your home location and force the mislocated server to be the host.

Should i do flush cloud or anything? Because currently Singapore server is still mislocated in east US

Updated, it have done flushing cloud. Still no luck. This is when the game boot up. 

however with this setting, radius over southeast asia. With strict mode on and 0 ping assist. 
it seems to work because i have been getting Singapore server constantly

not sure if it is the icon bug that made sg server invisible on geo map. Hope u sort it out soon

thank you netduma team

DB22E60B-8182-476F-9127-3AA1D3F920D6.jpeg

I will add that I noticed that now with geo-filter ping 60/75 enabled, it adds 20ms more and the game is not playable, I have to play with the geo-filter ping 40/50 ms off

On 5/20/2020 at 7:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The game will always add ping on top of the direct ping to the server. Are you saying with the Geo-Filter off you get a lower ping?

the game is much worse you can see the delay in the fight 1v1 it seems to me that ping is more unstable after updating mw, which is why I play with the geo-filter off, and the detection of hits is very good

I will add that ping is bigger only on dedi servers, peer remains unchanged, but still poor hit detection

• Administrators

If you use the Geo-Filter in Spectating mode so you can monitor the connection, does a server in the same location you connect to without the filter and with the Geo-Filter have same ping or is it still lower without the Geo-Filter?

4 hours ago, raf1212 said:

the game is much worse you can see the delay in the fight 1v1 it seems to me that ping is more unstable after updating mw, which is why I play with the geo-filter off, and the detection of hits is very good

I will add that ping is bigger only on dedi servers, peer remains unchanged, but still poor hit detection

How do u turn it off? 
put it to spectator mode? 
or remove device from geofilter at all? 

The ping thing is just mislocated servers. That's why you get better ping on peer then on a dedi.

All geofilter does is block connections to servers outside your radius. It doesn't influence ping to the physical server. But if it's mislocated in the cloud your are connecting to the wrong server.

14 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

How do u turn it off? 
put it to spectator mode? 
or remove device from geofilter at all? 

yes observation mode, you can jump out the US server but I blocked it manually and it is calm all games shows without geo-filter

10 hours ago, Bert said:

The ping thing is just mislocated servers. That's why you get better ping on peer then on a dedi.

All geofilter does is block connections to servers outside your radius. It doesn't influence ping to the physical server. But if it's mislocated in the cloud your are connecting to the wrong server.

I do not agree, I have a 22 ms server, dedi near paris, 22 ms on netduma chart, geo 70ms on, terrible game turned on, geo off 22 dedi server on the chart, in the 35/55 game much better game,it seems to be the fault of a geo-filter, but I can't cut my hands on what it depends on