My setup for modern warfare to reduce lag

43 minutes ago, alex.devine said:

Both!, Normally changes I make I will have one GOD mode game and then back to normal. Disabling QOS and the other settings highlighted makes a MASSIVE difference to my games and is lasting past the one game. I do have the odd delayed game but even then I am winning gunfights.

One game, 2 planes and 2 choppers and.... a few messages HAHA.

UK here, I was on late last night playing with USA guys and still winning 8/10 fights.

Why does QOS disabled make such a difference!

I dont know.. i had good Results only with ddos Protection disabled..

I havent testet it with QoS disabled becouse it Sounds stupid to me having buying a good Router with QoS

and disable the QoS feature..

But on the other Hand..If it works i dont Mind disabling it.. 

I will try it and See If It improves further

7 hours ago, alex.devine said:

Both!, Normally changes I make I will have one GOD mode game and then back to normal. Disabling QOS and the other settings highlighted makes a MASSIVE difference to my games and is lasting past the one game. I do have the odd delayed game but even then I am winning gunfights.

One game, 2 planes and 2 choppers and.... a few messages HAHA.

UK here, I was on late last night playing with USA guys and still winning 8/10 fights.

Why does QOS disabled make such a difference!

Lmao you know your doing good when you get hate messages. 

4 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

No disabling QoS make it only worser for me

Ya it made it worse for me as well the only way for disabling QoS to benefit is to be the only person using the internet. The moment someone in my home streams or downloads something it starts to lag without QoS. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

How did you set up the xr500 are you using a modem or modem/router? If it's the 2nd is it bridged/pppoe? Or did you use DMZ?

I don't use a Netduma router.

36 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Ah I see this setup was for the xr500 it helped get me my 5kd in bo4 and I went from negative kd to 2.9 in modern warfare.

On both my routers I can turn off DDOS protection and all firewalls... but it makes no difference in game.

1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

On both my routers I can turn off DDOS protection and all firewalls... but it makes no difference in game.

I tried with it on and was behind gunfights, like bullets seem to 1 shot me before I can respond but with it off i seem to be able to tank shots and sometimes turn on enemies. I'm not sure why it has not helped you but if works for me.

11 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

What if i have Dhcp modem/router in DMZ

On a modem/router it is better to replace it with a pure modem or use bridge mode, ip passthrough, or pppoe on a 3rd party router instead of using dmz/advanced dmz because when you dmz it is still behind the modem/router and could cause a lot of lag. When I use to use dmz for my xr500 the lag was so bad I had to call my ISP to set my xr500 and they said it's better to use bridge/pppoe or to buy my own modem.

4 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

On a modem/router it is better to replace it with a pure modem or use bridge mode, ip passthrough, or pppoe on a 3rd party router instead of using dmz/advanced dmz because when you dmz it is still behind the modem/router and could cause a lot of lag. When I use to use dmz for my xr500 the lag was so bad I had to call my ISP to set my xr500 and they said it's better to use bridge/pppoe or to buy my own modem.

I can't use a different modem/router just my isp they said have by the way using ont from frontier fios

2 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

I can't use a different modem/router just my isp they said have by the way using ont from frontier fios

Ask your ISP what is the best way to set up a 3rd party router and get them to help set it up for you. Check online first to see if you can find a guide if it is confusing just ask them step by step how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. after trying some settings with Nvidia Profile Inspecter i found a solution for my hitdetection.

The Game seems to Use per default a max Flip Queue size / per Rendered frames of 3 frames (+ vsync on console)

What would mean Up to 3 frames @ 60fps= 48 MS additional lag.. + 1 frame vsync on console

=60ms additional Processing time.

What intruce some inputlag and delay

I have forced it to 1.. and now i really get good bullet registry.. feels Like every bullet counts now and iam winning Most gun Fights If my aiming is right

Max prerendered  frames are dynamical and depent on CPU load.. so from a additional Processing time of 5ms (144+FPS without vsync and max prerendered frames 1)

Up to 60ms (console 60fps with vsync) 

12 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

Ok.. after trying some settings with Nvidia Profile Inspecter i found a solution for my hitdetection.

The Game seems to Use per default a max Flip Queue size / per Rendered frames of 3 frames (+ vsync on console)

What would mean Up to 3 frames @ 60fps= 48 MS additional lag.. + 1 frame vsync on console

I have forced it to 1.. and now i really get good bullet registry.. feels Like every bullet counts now and iam winning Most gun Fights If my aiming is right

Max prerendered  frames are dynamical and depent on CPU load.. so from a additional Processing time of 5ms (144+FPS without vsync and max prerendered frames)

Pc?

23 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

Max prerendered  frames are dynamical and depent on CPU load.. so from a additional Processing time of 5ms (144+FPS without vsync and max prerendered frames 1)

Er tell me again exactly what you did on the router so i can test it?

1 hour ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Er tell me again exactly what you did on the router so i can test it?

Nothing.. its Not a Router setting.. its the Game itself.

You need Nvidia Profile Inspecter for that and a Nvidia Graphics Card. (Maybe there is a Option for ATI Cards too)

7 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

You need Nvidia Profile Inspecter for that and a Nvidia Graphics Card. (Maybe there is a Option for ATI Cards too)

And to play on PC by the sounds of it so no use to us tbh.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:59 PM, blackfirehawk said:

Care to share the settings for nvidia inspector? I'm on PC so I could take the settings out for a test drive. :D 

On 5/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, jayjrlz said:

Care to share the settings for nvidia inspector? I'm on PC so I could take the settings out for a test drive. :D 

maximum pre-rendered frames =1

Maximum Frames allowed "1"

MAX_Pending_cmd_buffers "1"