XR500 vs R1 Pingplotter.

hi 

I have bought yet another XR500 as my WiFi on the R1 isn't  powerful enough in the apartment i live at.

the problem i have now is with the R1 i get the most stable connection ever see pic and  the XR500 i cant achieve the same same no matter what i have tried?  can someone help me on this matter as i feel like sending the XR500 back 😞  top Pic is R! and Bottom is XR500

R1 Ping.PNG

XR500 ping plotter.PNG

• Administrators

Under what circumstances were these tests done? Was the setup exactly the same for both e.g. modem > R1 & modem > XR500 or did they differ? Are you using QoS? Was the connection just being used by this device or were other devices active on the network?

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Under what circumstances were these tests done? Was the setup exactly the same for both e.g. modem > R1 & modem > XR500 or did they differ? Are you using QoS? Was the connection just being used by this device or were other devices active on the network?

Sounds like a science project back in high school, LOL! But I do agree!

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Fraser

setup is modem to Xr500 then console and Pc and then swapped the XR500 for R1.

i was streaming for both tests to twitch at 6Mbps up my speeds are 80down and 20 up on the R1 i can use 90% QoS on both and now on the XR500 ive gone down to 43% down to get my connection stable. only me using the internet

• Administrators

I also just noticed these tests were done about 2 hours apart so the target - twitter could have been more unstable at that time, would be best to keep the tests as close as possible to each other to rule that out. I can't see a significant difference in the hops either which makes it harder to diagnose. Was the R1 using DumaOS or the original firmware?

there is absolutely nothing different just different routers i'm confused as hell tbh Fraser. and yes ive done multiple resets 

this is now on the R1 just swapped out the Xr500 and streaming to twitch and con is perfect. and if i disable the QoS in the Xr500 the ping plotter graph is all over the place.

R1 Ping.PNG

• Administrators

To connect the routers to the modem are you using the same ethernet cable each time? Doesn't really make sense, there must be a small difference between the two either the way it's connected e.g. different cables or settings.