Were these routers given up on?

I wouldn't say given up on.. But one would think we should see something soon! But you also have to remember it is up to Netgear on firmware updates. They will make the last call on that.. And they also have things of there own they need to fix on there end.. Im more curious about bug repair. And also curious to see if we will see all the new features of the Duma 3.0 or some of them or none of them.. There is a lot of unknowns with this Netduma/Netgear thingy..

Zippy..

Guest Killhippie

The R1 will probably get it first, it will be interesting to see how that router handles all the new features on such old hardware. Netgear will either take it all or some of it, or just leave it, I cant see the latter happening, but as Zippy said there are a lot of unknowns and with no feedback on Netgear hardware support from either Netgear or Netduma, nobody really knows for sure. As to release dates they can slip so the guys are being cautions and that's sensible. I'm also with Zippy on patching bugs, both Netgears ones and Netduma ones, looking back over 2019 one official release for the XR500 (2.3.2.56) was not exactly what most people were hoping for and it still had disconnection issues for some, and it seems the Netduma team may not have the resources to patch and write new firmware at the same time, as Milestone 1.3 received no major bug fixes last year which it really needed. Hopefully that will change this year, but we will just have to wait and see.

I don't know how much i'm allowed to say regarding which hardware we'll put DumaOS 3.0 on due to legal mumbo jumbo that i'm restrained by...

What I will say is that we're not dropping support for any existing hardware, and we're planning to release DumaOS 3.0 for every current DumaOS device. I can't promise it yet, but that's what we're planning on.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Heroxoot said:

Almost 6 months ago a staff member mentioned a big update to DumaOS would be soon. Have heard nothing since on that. Have these routers been given up on?

Even those as skeptical as myself don't believe that it is truly "given up on". It is however well beyond slow progress. For such an expensive Niche market I would've expected more regular updates and upgrades. I am sure DumaOS 3.0 will likely come to our devices - EVENTUALLY. That is the biggest question, and one that NetDuma can not answer due to Netgear. (nor would they want to give a timeline at this point anyway)

All we can go on is what they have said combined with what has happened in the past. Based on that info, I would guess we don't see this update until Q3 2020 at best. (with the R1 seeing it well before hand). But again, this is just MY opinion.

I feel ya I am not holding my breath on any of this. With the last update being back in Aug of 2019 5 months ago . it seems we may hit that 8 months that they said we would not be waiting for to get mile stone 1.4 ,and then who knows how long till duma 3.0. I'm Not sure why I made my self think netgear would do any better with someone elses OS.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats cool. It was just getting upsetting that I paid good money, for a version of the router you can't even get anymore? (xr450) And just, nothing coming up. I'm still waiting for an update that fixes ping assist for SFV.

8 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

Thats cool. It was just getting upsetting that I paid good money, for a version of the router you can't even get anymore? (xr450) And just, nothing coming up. I'm still waiting for an update that fixes ping assist for SFV.

The XR450 is essentially the same as the XR500, just with slightly worse wireless technology.

From our point of view, it's the same as the XR500, and it uses the exact same software. Any updates that come out for the XR500 will work with your router.

17 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

Did ping assist work at some point on sfv.From what ive seen even manually clicking the person once the connection is decided takes far past the time you have to accept the match for the most part. I mainly just go with 5 bars only and look at the area of the map they are in before I accept but ping filtering would be nice as ive had some random pretty high ping matches even tho there location is close 

On 1/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, Netduma Alex said:

I don't know how much i'm allowed to say regarding which hardware we'll put DumaOS 3.0 on due to legal mumbo jumbo that i'm restrained by...

What I will say is that we're not dropping support for any existing hardware, and we're planning to release DumaOS 3.0 for every current DumaOS device. I can't promise it yet, but that's what we're planning on.

Hi Alex,

Is there anything more you can say with regards to when the next update will be coming?  Even if its cryptic it will help reassure owners that we haven't been abandoned.

14 hours ago, ketma said:

Hi Alex,

Is there anything more you can say with regards to when the next update will be coming?  Even if its cryptic it will help reassure owners that we haven't been abandoned.

I can tell you that we're about to enter closed beta on multiple platforms.

• 1 month later...

hi Alex, I hope you and the team are well in these challenging times.....

Do you have any update to the closed beta?  Has this been completed, when could we hope to see or even test this ourselves?  Thanks.

Hey ketma,

Yeah we're doing okay, we're all working from home, but we're still productive. Nobody's sick.

The closed beta is happening right now on some platforms, but we're not quite ready to release it for NETGEAR routers just yet.