Party Chat issues when geo filter is enabled

Hello,

For the past two or three weeks I have been un-able to connect to party chat when my PS4  is added to the geo filter. I have my console in DMZ, and have removed my console from the geo filter and "flushed the cloud" multiple times. When i  remove my console from the geo filter, party chat works immediately and consistently with no issues, (the same way the geo filter has always worked in the past until recently). I have factory reset a couple of times as well, I'm out of ideas, and would appreciate some help getting this issue resolved. Thank you in advance.

• Administrators

Have you added your friends to your allow list? If you haven't you need to do that. If you have, do you see any icons/servers being blocked when you try and join a party chat? If so you'll need to allow those as well and then you should be able to connect just fine.

Fraser,

Thank you for the response. I've tried adding them yes, the issue is with PSN "Party Chat" only, for some reason "Game Chat" still works with no issues. I am seeing "Peer" and "Dedi" icons on the Geofilter however, there is one additional peer icon that keeps showing up and it's near the Republic of the Congo in Africa, but I live in the USA. Also, I do not have a VPN service enabled.

• Administrators

Sit in a game lobby and there shouldn't be anything on the map, once you invite them there may be more than one icon appearing - allow any that appear and see if it works then. The one in Africa could be a mislocated server that actually needs to be allowed, if adding that works then we'll need to whitelist them on our side.

• Administrators

That's really strange because none of the connections are being blocked, so it shouldn't really be the Geo-Filter causing problems. Does this happen every time? Could you try again today for example and let us know if the problem happens again.

Also, could you make sure UPNP is enabled (go to Settings to do this)

Agreed, it's very strange. UPnP is enabled and all of the proper ports are open (3074, 9308). My NAT type is "OPEN" on both Playstation Network (NAT Type 2), and "In Game" on Modern Warfare (OPEN). My (hopefully temporary) work around is to disable "strict mode" as well as "auto ping host", join party chat,  and then re-enable "strict mode" and "auto ping host". I have to do this every time that I play online now. Once again, this is a relatively new issue. 

• 3 months later...

Yes, its an ongoing issue for me. You arent alone. Many people having the same issue with psn party chat. I just sent through 7 or 8 servers i think need to be whitelisted. All in California. I am located in eastern Canada. Everytime i try to join or start a party chat with someone on the ps4, i cant connect. Just a blinking microphone icon. Until i allow a server located in California. Its weird. And the id's for the servers in Cali seem to be always changing. My friends are in my allow list. BUT, if i put my ps4 in spectating mode, no issue what so ever. Connects right away every time. 

• Administrators

Games add/take away servers all the time so it is impossible to always have them perfectly classified. We test games but with the help of the community it makes this much faster. IP databases generally don't always have the correct information as IP blocks are sold between countries all the time so it's impractical to use these as an alternative.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I've been logging into a laptop every time I play with friends just to disable geo filter so I can hear them. Been doing it a year now and doing my head in. Thinking of getting rid of the XR500 and using a stock router if this can't be fixed. I've tried everything I can think of and still no luck. Wouldn't be so bad if there was an app to login to router to quickly disable but using the laptop each time is tedious. 

3 hours ago, DjimiDay said:

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I've been logging into a laptop every time I play with friends just to disable geo filter so I can hear them. Been doing it a year now and doing my head in. Thinking of getting rid of the XR500 and using a stock router if this can't be fixed. I've tried everything I can think of and still no luck. Wouldn't be so bad if there was an app to login to router to quickly disable but using the laptop each time is tedious. 

Have you tried the above steps in this thread?

There is also an App you can use.

At least for me, Strict Mode is the issue. Enabling Strict Mode gives me much better lobbies however, disabling Strict Mode is the only way that party chat will work for me. The group that I play with are in the same geographical location as well. I am currently on version  XR500 V2.3.2.108

On 12/21/2020 at 7:28 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you referring to the Nighthawk app by Netgear? If so, there are zero QOS settings that can be adjusted via the Nighthawk app!

On 12/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, xR1CKJAM3Zx said:

Are you referring to the Nighthawk app by Netgear? If so, there are zero QOS settings that can be adjusted via the Nighthawk app!

I'd echo this. If this is the case then this app is pointless. I was meaning a netduma app so I can quickly disable and re-enable settings. 

On 12/21/2020 at 12:28 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Have you tried the above steps in this thread?

I've tried everything that has been suggested including adding all my friends to the whitelist. Makes no difference. I can't see any additional servers appearing in my geo filter map to add them else I would. I do what others have been doing which is disable geo filter while I join party chat then re-enable it but its tedious having to boot up a laptop every time you want to speak to friends. For a £300 bit of kit, you expect not to have to do this. I know this thread says the geo filter doesn't cause this issue but it works when it's disabled so it must cause it somehow. This has now been a problem for a year and still doesn't appear to be a fix. Very disappointing. 

• Administrators

The DumaOS app on Google Play or iOS store will allow you to use the Geo-Filter or adjust QoS etc while you're playing so that makes it a lot easier. So what happens when you add them to your lobby but they can't connect, nothing appears on the map?