Netduma useless for COD?

nyder

I used to always get amazing connections in COD when using my Netduma,  now no matter what I always get a 50+ MS ping, I can't figure out what server I'm connecting too.  I used to always connect to the Seattle server, now I always connect to east coast servers when I'm on the west coast.

Do I need to by a night hawk or something?

Should I just go back to a regular router?

What am I doing wrong?

• Administrators

The ping, are you getting this from the ingame reading or the ping panel on the Geo-Filter? What do you mean you can't figure out what you're connecting to? They may be mislocated servers if you're using ping assist, if you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page showing what typically happens then I can advise further.

Ive tried playing MW with the filter off and on and it makes a world of difference on my connection to have it on. 70/70 plus just standard start out settings work a treat for me. Sorry if their are superior cod players who disagree but these settings work great for me. :)

Come play on my fiber gig over gig 15 in gm ping connection and than mention the word superior.  Ill go against anyone in this gm on lan, This gm plays based off connection.  Great connection it plays horrible Bad connection horrible, average connection perfect.  Thats just the way it is and its %100 fact as many can attest to

LOL I don't believe you have 15ms in game. Because processing time on a console is already 16ms.

I do have a theory though and that is using the geofilter is giving way harder matches.

On previous CoD games, when you enter matchmaking it would form a p2p pregame lobby. But in this game the prelobby host gets formed on the actual server.

Therefore when they match you up they must match you up by what server you are beeing able to connect to. If you are limited to 1 server the chance is very big you only match up against people who can connect to that server. That means they are either laggy or use geoblocking tools themselves. Aka they will be sweats. It also increases the number of parties you play since if there is one in the party that can only connect to that server the party will default to that server.

I am playing with Geofilter off since the issues that came up this week with the XR500 routers and the games feel way more casual.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

LOL I don't believe you have 15ms in game. Because processing time on a console is already 16ms.

I do have a theory though and that is using the geofilter is giving way harder matches.

On previous CoD games, when you enter matchmaking it would form a p2p pregame lobby. But in this game the prelobby host gets formed on the actual server.

Therefore when they match you up they must match you up by what server you are beeing able to connect to. If you are limited to 1 server the chance is very big you only match up against people who can connect to that server. That means they are either laggy or use geoblocking tools themselves. Aka they will be sweats. It also increases the number of parties you play since if there is one in the party that can only connect to that server the party will default to that server.

I am playing with Geofilter off since the issues that came up this week with the XR500 routers and the games feel way more casual.

This is a good point and need testing, but to beat lag compensation, you still need to get the average ping around 50. So you basically exchange lagfree games for easy games 1 sec behind...

18 hours ago, Bert said:

I stand corrected, 16 to 25 mil sec,   

Screenshot_20191221-210648_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191221-210654_Gallery.jpg

5 hours ago, Bert said:

That is still really low actually :). On my connection in EU I read low 20's while I read 8ms on DumaOS.

Yes and its horrible being that low, but sometimes i rather be on a low ping server and know what to expect than move my location and possibly be on a 100+ server.  

On 12/21/2019 at 4:19 AM, bagsta69 said:

Ive tried playing MW with the filter off and on and it makes a world of difference on my connection to have it on. 70/70 plus just standard start out settings work a treat for me. Sorry if their are superior cod players who disagree but these settings work great for me. :)

hey up pal im assuming from your location you live in the same place as me lol, do you mind sharing more info of your geo filter location, any ping assist, any traffic priority rules or console prioirty etc. Sorry for bombarding you with questions pal, just trying to find something that works cos I've been struggling since launch and im about to give up lol. just wanna be able to enjoy the game without the shoot first die first bullshit. Cheers pal.

I’ll reply later as it’s nearly 5 am and about to hit the hay, but mostly it’s usual basic settings. 70/70 add a small amount extra to priority location where I am and 35 ms ping assist