Three Different Speed tests

I'm paying for 400Mbps/20 Mbps. Turbo and Super Turbo ticked. Keep in mind that Speedtest.net you can change the server picking the wrong server will have slow speed tests. So my question is which one is the true speed test result? 

Screenshot - 2019-12-08T102741.848.png

Screenshot - 2019-12-08T102710.605.png

Screenshot - 2019-12-08T102630.882.png

What Bert said dsl reports is trash. Use speedtest its way more acuurate. Btw blufferbloat is way overrated. That website is so inaccurate and even if you have A+++ on everything its not going to help you. Just use pingplotter if you want to find the right settings for your sliders and jitter.

• Administrators

I would also agree with the other suggestions. Also if you are with Spectrum then their speedtest will read very close to the expected value as their server is basically the first thing once your packets leave your home anyway.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would also agree with the other suggestions. Also if you are with Spectrum then their speedtest will read very close to the expected value as their server is basically the first thing once your packets leave your home anyway.

Yes, the thing is the speed test still slow.

Have you ever reached your maximum speeds? Remember that when an ISP sells you a package, they advertise the package with the maximum speed, but often that equates to far less in practical terms. It's a maximum rather than a minimum.

If you don't think your speeds are worth the money you pay for them, it might be worth taking up with your ISP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Have you ever reached your maximum speeds? Remember that when an ISP sells you a package, they advertise the package with the maximum speed, but often that equates to far less in practical terms. It's a maximum rather than a minimum.

If you don't think your speeds are worth the money you pay for them, it might be worth taking up with your ISP.

Yes, I have but only straight from my modem to the computer.

• Administrators

In the Bandwidth Settings do you have it set to 400/20? If so did you let it auto setup for those speeds? If not try that, what do you get? If you're still slow, try setting it to 999/20 and auto setup, is there any difference in the speed you receive. Out of interest does your XR450 get the full speeds?

On 12/27/2019 at 4:44 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

In the Bandwidth Settings do you have it set to 400/20? If so did you let it auto setup for those speeds? If not try that, what do you get? If you're still slow, try setting it to 999/20 and auto setup, is there any difference in the speed you receive. Out of interest does your XR450 get the full speeds?

Do you think these are good signal levels?

ScreenShot_20191228144253.png

ScreenShot_20191228144321.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Channel 1 SNR is a bit low but looks like it's correcting issues so shouldn't see any packet loss. Upstream is fine as well, can't see any issues here. Did you try my previous suggestions?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Channel 1 SNR is a bit low but looks like it's correcting issues so shouldn't see any packet loss. Upstream is fine as well, can't see any issues here. Did you try my previous suggestions?

Yes, that's how I have it set up now, but I see no difference.

• Administrators

In that case, the speeds you're getting through the R1 at the moment with QoS completely disabled is probably the best you will get unfortunately. You could try a factory reset from the interface and then allow QoS to set up for you but I'd be surprised if it allowed you to get any higher.

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case, the speeds you're getting through the R1 at the moment with QoS completely disabled is probably the best you will get unfortunately. You could try a factory reset from the interface and then allow QoS to set up for you but I'd be surprised if it allowed you to get any higher.

I tried that also but no luck.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately I think the speed you're getting then is the maximum the R1 can handle for your specific connection.

Finally fixed it, after setting to factory and enabling and disabling each item on the "Miscellaneous Settings" that having check on the "Deep packet processing was reducing from 400 Mbps to around  70 Mbps. Here is the problem I have always kept  the Deep packet processing  unchecked as I always game on my PS4 but for some reason It just did what it did it kept reducing my speed even after unchecking it from the box.  now I'm getting about 300 Mbps with the sliders at  100%. YMMV.