Is hyper-traffic still possible or has it been replaced in Duma OS?

Cajun72

Hello fellow gamers,

Back in 2016, a very helpful and popular guy on these forums who as you know sadly passed away, he was A7Legit, who gave me some very helpful advice which helped me quite a bit for BO3 on PS4. he mentioned using hyper-traffic, source, UDP, 3074 & source, UDP, 3075.source, which was accessed pre-duma OS via Hyper traffic, choose device, choose advanced. 3074 and 3075 Source only, UDP only.

I was hoping to replicate something as close to this if possible on PS4 for MW 2019.

This is what he advised and what I did:

"Make 2 seperate ones. When you try it, you'll see you can only do one port at a time.

Hyper-traffic tells the router which ports packets are to come in to the router and leave the router first.

You should try this out for yourself, some things need to be tested.

These are not ports you're opening... Hypertraffic is about port priority, UPNP and port forwarding are for opening ports."

I then had 2 devices in hyper-traffic, (PS4), with 3074 in 1 service and 3075 in the other which worked great.

Some advice on whether this can be achieved or something similiar would be much appreciated. 

• Administrators

You can absolutely achieve this in DumaOS, it's called Traffic Prioritization on DumaOS on the QoS page. Works the same way, choose device, choose advanced and you're able to manually input ports that you want to prioritize. A7 was a great guy, RIP.

He was a great guy like you say, so sad.

Would you or anyone recommend prioritising these particular ports for MW or maybe there are other ports others are prioritising with good results?

On setting it up it is forcing me to put in the Destination Port as well whereas A7Legit suggested Source only. So when I enter 3074 for source and 3074 destination it errors saying there is an overlap.

What would you suggest please?

Thanks for your help 

Edited by Cajun72

• Administrators

@kinel has posted some other ports that he has suggested people use so maybe take a look at a few of his latest posts for those. Do you have DumaOS Classified Games enabled or any other rules? If so delete those first and then you should be able to make the rule. Make the start/end port the same port for both.

• Administrators

If you're going for manual rules I would delete the games console rule and disable DumaOS Classified Games as otherwise you're essentially prioritizing three times which may hinder rather than help. You may need to add more ports though but see how you get on.

Cajun i have a few posts gikng that shows what to do

btw i learned all this stufff about traffic prioritization from a7legit as well

Witch i mention in a previos thread

Here is what i would do from memory

Source 3074-3075   destination 30000-45000 udp only

Source 30000-45000 destination 3074-3075  udp only

sourse 3074-3075   3100-3500 udp only

Source 3100-3500  destination 3074-3075 

I think this is correct

I do it indavidually not like this in ranges

But you have to be on the old firmware to see what ports the game uses for you 

You can see them in network monitor

If you get the right ports your hit registration  becomes brilliant

4 hours ago, kinel said:

I do it indavidually not like this in ranges

But you have to be on the old firmware to see what ports the game uses for you 

You can see them in network monitor

If you get the right ports your hit registration  becomes brilliant

How do you see the ports the game uses? I see on UPnP it uses 3074 but that's all it says

On the original firmware the text goes red when you try to put a range in, so I assume this doesn't work? Does that mean for this I have to put in 16 different rules? For each port and for source and destination? 

20 hours ago, kinel said:

Cajun i have a few posts gikng that shows what to do

btw i learned all this stufff about traffic prioritization from a7legit as well

Witch i mention in a previos thread

Here is what i would do from memory

Source 3074-3075   destination 30000-45000 udp only

Source 30000-45000 destination 3074-3075  udp only

sourse 3074-3075   3100-3500 udp only

Source 3100-3500  destination 3074-3075 

I think this is correct

Thanks for your advice. I know have it setup like this as I took a look at your previous thread you advised setting up 4 rules.The 1 rule is slightly different though in your other post, it says slightly different range on one of the rules - 3100-31500 (not 3500). Can you please confirm?

image.png.db6108ec08834bedb7df6e191c46c91a.png

• Administrators
On 12/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, Corbula said:

On the original firmware the text goes red when you try to put a range in, so I assume this doesn't work? Does that mean for this I have to put in 16 different rules? For each port and for source and destination? 

Could you take a screenshot of the actual rule you're trying to set when it shows red?

2 hours ago, Cajun72 said:

Hi. Does the above set up look ok? Can anyone advise. Thanks

If the light appears red when you're playing then it will be working so try it out and see.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you take a screenshot of the actual rule you're trying to set when it shows red?

If the light appears red when you're playing then it will be working so try it out and see.

Like this. 

I'm don't know how I'm supposed to enter the ports above in 4 rules. Do you have to do the source ports and destinations ports as separate rules? 

Screenshot_20191206-205305.jpg

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Based on the ports you've been given then yes you would need to do source and destination rules separately. For the port number try doing 3074 - 3075 (so with spaces) and see if that takes.

Unfortunately it won't let you put a space in that box. 

So I assume what kinel has done isn't possible on the original firmware as you can't do ranges? 

• Administrators

Actually I remember now, the way you did it should be fine so 3074-3075 without spaces. Will it let you click done? If so then it's fine, you won't see that the rule is a range due to the way it is formatted but should work.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Actually I remember now, the way you did it should be fine so 3074-3075 without spaces. Will it let you click done? If so then it's fine, you won't see that the rule is a range due to the way it is formatted but should work.

Ah OK, yea it does it just doesn't show any port in the list afterwards. 

I've tried to do the ports kinel has put above but it says there's overlap in the range on some of them. Source 30000-45000 even though I've haven't got anything else in that range. I assume it's covered somewhere else? 

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it appear to be when you try to add the second rule where destination is 3074-3075?

I think I worked it out. When you add a range like that then save the rule, it doesn't show the port range next to the rule. Then when you try to do another rule, I assume it says it overlaps because it just sees it as the same rule due to the way its formatted I think. 

The top rule is actually 30000-45000 so now I can't put another range of ports in. 

Screenshot_20191210-184923.jpg

19 hours ago, Corbula said:

I think I worked it out. When you add a range like that then save the rule, it doesn't show the port range next to the rule. Then when you try to do another rule, I assume it says it overlaps because it just sees it as the same rule due to the way its formatted I think. 

The top rule is actually 30000-45000 so now I can't put another range of ports in. 

Screenshot_20191210-184923.jpg

This might be because the interface isn't mobile optimized. The situation might change if you go into landscape or request desktop site.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

This might be because the interface isn't mobile optimized. The situation might change if you go into landscape or request desktop site.

I will double check later but I'm pretty sure it's the same on desktop as well. 

On a side note, this version doesn't show port in network monitor anymore does it? And I can't downgrade to the one that does either?