Configuration issues for PS4

Hi,

I am having troubles with a proper setup for my PS4 with the XR700. I use it with a Tecnicolor TC4400 on my 400/40 Unitymedia Cable contract.

I mainly play FIFA on the PS and when using it with the XR700, even tho I have setup QoS and the GeoFilter, I am getting very incosistent and "weird" gameplay (hard to explain and way worth than what everybody else is talking about with delay or anything like that)

When I connect the PS directly to the modem, my gameplay improves dramatically and gets very consistent which is confusing to me but suggests that the issues are with the XR700 or my home network.

Therefore as a first question:

Is it possible to configure the XR700 in a way that it acts as if the PS was connected directly to the modem? Or is there any way to have the PS connected directly to the modem and still have an internet signal to the router as well for the rest of my home network?

Thanks for your help,

Florian

I have two suggestions for making your PS4 behave as if it's connected straight to the modem.

The first is quite simple, just put the PS4 into the DMZ of the XR700. This will remove any NAT related problems.

The second suggestion is to go to QoS in DumaOS, open the Anti-Bufferbloat side menu and tick Disable QoS.

Under the wan settings, change the nat filter from secured to open. This puts the router in full cone nat. With this set to open, you don't need any upnp or port forwarding and you will get an open nat with multiple gaming machines. The lag goes away for me in all games with this setting. All about routers and nat here http://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21

Thanks for your suggestions.

The PS4 was already put into DMZ.

So I disabled the QoS and changed the net filter, but the result got even worse.

When I switched back to directly connecting to the router, it instantly got way better...

I'm very confused what might cause these issues...

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, Whizzledizz said:

Thanks for your suggestions.

The PS4 was already put into DMZ.

So I disabled the QoS and changed the net filter, but the result got even worse.

When I switched back to directly connecting to the router, it instantly got way better...

I'm very confused what might cause these issues...

Hm, maybe we can try some other solutions for this. Ultimately weird issues with gameplay are caused by ping or NAT - almost exclusively.

- Do you have an open NAT?
- What ping are you getting, as shown by the Geo-Filter with Auto-Ping enabled?
- Do you find you're able to use the Geo-Filter to block bad hosts?

On 11/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, Sunaikinti said:

Under the wan settings, change the nat filter from secured to open. This puts the router in full cone nat. With this set to open, you don't need any upnp or port forwarding and you will get an open nat with multiple gaming machines. The lag goes away for me in all games with this setting. All about routers and nat here http://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21

so if i have my nat open and ps4 in xr500 dmz should i disable upnp?