COD Blackout - Changing geofilter location

So I play COD Blackout and I live in Asia. On non-peak hours the servers can get kind of dead, so I tried changing my location to the US to play on US servers. This works except for the fact I can only seem to connect to a single P2P server. This results in the wait times still being pretty long. There are many servers in the US so I have no idea why I can't seem to connect to any of them. 

If anyone knows how to be able to connect to all US servers I would highly appreciate it. 

Attached a snip of my geo filter settings. 

Capture.JPG

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum Ravlol. First tip is after changing your Geo-Filter settings like that, you should restart your game. CoD does a ping test when it boots up, which helps it choose the servers to put you on, so rebooting after a big change like that is essential.

Secondly, how do you know it's P2P? We try to show as many servers as servers as possible, but we don't have all of them so they might show as peers (icons that look like a person). Is this how you were telling if it was a peer or not? If so, I would ignore that and assume it was actually a server.

12 hours ago, ravlol said:

So I play COD Blackout and I live in Asia. On non-peak hours the servers can get kind of dead, so I tried changing my location to the US to play on US servers. This works except for the fact I can only seem to connect to a single P2P server. This results in the wait times still being pretty long. There are many servers in the US so I have no idea why I can't seem to connect to any of them. 

If anyone knows how to be able to connect to all US servers I would highly appreciate it. 

Attached a snip of my geo filter settings. 

Capture.JPG

Its probably counter productive to put your circle over US cause your going to have conflicting interests cause the game knows you have high ping. I would just extent your radius by your area. There are no p2p servers. They may come up like that but they are more likely mislocated. Usually there are banks of servers in all of the locations that they are supposed be in.

Just now, Netduma Admin said:

First tip is after changing your Geo-Filter settings like that, you should restart your game. CoD does a ping test when it boots up, which helps it choose the servers to put you on, so rebooting after a big change like that is essential.

A suggestion for a tool tip. When you first use the geo filter in future firmware revisions maybe have a tool tip pop out that tells users about cod servers and to reboot the game after you make a change.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Zennon said:

A suggestion for a tool tip. When you first use the geo filter in future firmware revisions maybe have a tool tip pop out that tells users about cod servers and to reboot the game after you make a change.

V good idea! I've added it to our roadmap. Thanks Z.

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Welcome to the forum Ravlol. First tip is after changing your Geo-Filter settings like that, you should restart your game. CoD does a ping test when it boots up, which helps it choose the servers to put you on, so rebooting after a big change like that is essential.

Secondly, how do you know it's P2P? We try to show as many servers as servers as possible, but we don't have all of them so they might show as peers (icons that look like a person). Is this how you were telling if it was a peer or not? If so, I would ignore that and assume it was actually a server.

Thanks. 
I always restart my game after making changes, so that can't be it. 

I wasn't aware dedicated servers could also show up as peers, so I'll ignore that from now on. 

It just weird to me that I'm able to connect to one single server in central US, but not all the other ones. There's easily 15+ servers in the US I should be able to connect to. 

7 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Its probably counter productive to put your circle over US cause your going to have conflicting interests cause the game knows you have high ping. I would just extent your radius by your area. There are no p2p servers. They may come up like that but they are more likely mislocated. Usually there are banks of servers in all of the locations that they are supposed be in.

I've tried that, as well as just turning off the geo filter altogether. The thing is there aren't many servers nor players in my region (South-east Asia), so outside of peak times wait times are pretty long. The reason I want to connect to US servers is to just get into games quickly, albeit on high ping. 

The problem currently is that some of those US based servers are probably mislocated and placed in other countries around the world. We're working through them and attempting to relocate them ourselves for the next cloud update. I would usually recommend that you just use ping assist for the time being but it sounds like that might just put you on undesirable SEA servers.

Perhaps the best course of action for now would be to manually block SEA servers when they come up? In order to block them, you'll need to be in filtering mode, so you should set your Geo-Filter radius to cover the whole earth when you do this.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

The problem currently is that some of those US based servers are probably mislocated and placed in other countries around the world. We're working through them and attempting to relocate them ourselves for the next cloud update. I would usually recommend that you just use ping assist for the time being but it sounds like that might just put you on undesirable SEA servers.

Perhaps the best course of action for now would be to manually block SEA servers when they come up? In order to block them, you'll need to be in filtering mode, so you should set your Geo-Filter radius to cover the whole earth when you do this.

So all of the US servers except for 1 are mislocated?

Just to clear up; in theory it should be possible to change geo filter location and connect to servers around that new location without issue?

Btw I have no issue with SEA servers. I would play on them all the time if I could, that's why I'm hesitant to block them. The problem is there are so few players that outside of peak hours finding a game takes forever or you don't find one at all. 

In theory I should be able to set geo filter location in the US to connect to US servers, and then use ping assist to connect to servers around my actual location (SEA) should a game come available. Is this correct?

Oh I see, okay that makes sense.

Yes you're right, in THEORY and if the Geo-Filter is working as intended, you should be able to spoof the game into thinking you're located anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately that's not working right now, and it will require extra configuration from our end to get it working. It's not a simple matter when it comes to Modern Warfare though.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Oh I see, okay that makes sense.

Yes you're right, in THEORY and if the Geo-Filter is working as intended, you should be able to spoof the game into thinking you're located anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately that's not working right now, and it will require extra configuration from our end to get it working. It's not a simple matter when it comes to Modern Warfare though.

Gotcha, at least I know it's not something that's off on my end. Thanks 👍