This R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.

There seems to be a bunch of problems occurring at once, kind of straining to figure out what's causing it.

I saw that @Netduma Admin suggested you downgrade to .40 and back again. I would suggest (even though it's a hassle) that you downgrade all the way back to the very first firmware we released and then back.

You can download the first firmware here: https://kb.netgear.com/000053241/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-28

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, faulko said:

I held the reset button for like 2mins earlier and its behaving so far.

Can try that next time Alex, thanks.

20-30 seconds is more than enough you could corrupt the memory doing it for to long. Lets hope it holds out.

Nah hasn't held up at all.

Never seen this in the logs before:

[DumaOS] Syncing with device manager failed with error 'ERROR: Ubus error: 7 stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: i, function '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function 'rpc_call' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:41> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:63> ^I?: in function <?:116> ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:345> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:261> ^I(tail call): ? ^I/dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I/dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?'. Thursday, November 14, 2019 08:04:55

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, faulko said:

Nah hasn't held up at all.

Never seen this in the logs before:

[DumaOS] Syncing with device manager failed with error 'ERROR: Ubus error: 7 stack traceback: ^I?: in function '__new__' ^I?: i, function '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function 'rpc_call' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:41> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:63> ^I?: in function <?:116> ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:345> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:261> ^I(tail call): ? ^I/dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I/dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?'. Thursday, November 14, 2019 08:04:55

Are you seeing that anywhere other than the logs at all as an error message that pops up? Specifically the device manager? It may have failed and then synced properly after that, were there any other logs after that indicating that it does?

No Fraser Ive never seen a log that long before.

Had a similar one a few days back but its gone now about AIP tables or something similar (not the same as below which is ARP), it wasn't as long as Ubus error but longer then normal. I went back to copy it but i must or rest or something and it got deleted. If i see it again id recognize it im sure.

Got plenty of these thou:
[DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::1af1:45ff:fe98:f637 dev brwan lladdr 18:f1:45:98:f6:37 router STALE', Thursday, November 14, 2019 19:42:33

23 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

There seems to be a bunch of problems occurring at once, kind of straining to figure out what's causing it.

I saw that @Netduma Admin suggested you downgrade to .40 and back again. I would suggest (even though it's a hassle) that you downgrade all the way back to the very first firmware we released and then back.

You can download the first firmware here: https://kb.netgear.com/000053241/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-0-0-28

Just done the .28 version, everything feels snappy and loads within 3-5secs as any resonable person would expect.

Saved a copy of the start up log to .txt file, just incase.

About to go back to .56

Edit:  .56 is definitely slower and more troublesome then .28.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay very strange, did you do a factory reset after each upgrade as well? What devices do you have on your network? I'm wondering if there is a device that's somewhat usual that the router can't handle properly.

Haven't seen any instructions to factory reset after changing firmware, so that's a no i haven't done that, unless ive misread the instructions.

Devices well there is a few in the house but its all common stuff, Apple devices, Panasonic TV, PC, 2 x ps4's. Nothing out of the ordinary thou.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, faulko said:

Haven't seen any instructions to factory reset after changing firmware, so that's a no i haven't done that, unless ive misread the instructions.

Devices well there is a few in the house but its all common stuff, Apple devices, Panasonic TV, PC, 2 x ps4's. Nothing out of the ordinary thou.

Okay no worries, could you do the same again with downgrading and then upgrading but each time could you do a factory reset once the upgrade has been complete please? It prevents any legacy issues from carrying over.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay no worries, could you do the same again with downgrading and then upgrading but each time could you do a factory reset once the upgrade has been complete please? It prevents any legacy issues from carrying over.

Happy to try anything.

So to be sure must i use the reset button or would the UI factory reset be alright.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, faulko said:

Happy to try anything.

So to be sure must i use the reset button or would the UI factory reset be alright.

Go with the reset button instead, software is fine but using the hardware reset would be better. Hold the button for 25-30 seconds and then let go.

Ok ill try the reset button.

FWIW nothing has worked so far.

Just to get it right im:

* Installing .28 version, then factory reset via the button
* Once installed and settled.
* Installing .56 Version, then factory reset via button.

Hopefully it works?

.56 as instructed is an utter failure.

All this to and fro has achieved nothing, nilche, nudda.

Even if an r-app loads (which takes for ever compared to .28) i still get this " Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App". Sometime it loads up other times just a white ring of death.

Guest Killhippie
6 hours ago, faulko said:

.56 as instructed is an utter failure.

All this to and fro has achieved nothing, nilche, nudda.

Even if an r-app loads (which takes for ever compared to .28) i still get this " Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App". Sometime it loads up other times just a white ring of death.

Never had that issue on .56 most odd, just be aware your router has a few security flaws now.

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, faulko said:

Ive gone back too .40 and its working ok at the moment.

For what ever reason .56 just doesn't work for me.

.40 has the kernel vulnerability just so you know. It was patched in .56 which is not much help to you, but be aware your router maybe at risk.

• Administrators

Assuming you're okay with the above I'd suggest you stay on that firmware so it's mostly up to date and working. Strange that it would differ between those firmware versions so hopefully the next one will fix it as there doesn't seem to be anything we could suggest as all the normal methods aren't working for you. There was a known issue about some slow downs but I thought this was mostly on the XR700.

Guest Killhippie
On 11/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, faulko said:

Its working .40, i think i found a version of .40 that was a hot fix for something. Not the normal .40.

From what I remember that was a hot fix for a Wi-Fi issue, it doesn’t contain the kernel patch. So just keep an eye on your network for intrusions. Let’s hope that Netgear pushes out a new firmware update sometime next year because I doubt we will see one before Christmas now, and there’s only been one proper update since Christmas 2018 which is .56, the .40 hot fix was never a public release to download on the netgear site.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently bought the XR700 and upgraded to 1.0.1.20 during the installation process. Having the same issue. The network overview, QoS apps, and Network Monitor apps only load immediately after a reboot. An even bigger concern is I think it is not just the display being impacted. Had a game of Apex yesterday like I was running through water. Everything in slow motion. Haven't had an issue like that since I figured out my last router's QoS was not properly identifying my Xbox One X and prioritizing it appropriately. Tried all of the above steps today, factory reset, downgrading to 1.0.0.20 and back up to 1.0.1.20, R-app retry set to 5. It still doesn't work. Tried dropping down to 1.0.1.8 and that solves the problem. Been running all day with no issues. Thought I saw a comment where someone started having these issues with 1.0.1.10, so wanted to give .8  a try first. Will give .10 a try tomorrow. Staying away from .20 and waiting for a newer revision.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, 187 said:

Recently bought the XR700 and upgraded to 1.0.1.20 during the installation process. Having the same issue. The network overview, QoS apps, and Network Monitor apps only load immediately after a reboot. An even bigger concern is I think it is not just the display being impacted. Had a game of Apex yesterday like I was running through water. Everything in slow motion. Haven't had an issue like that since I figured out my last router's QoS was not properly identifying my Xbox One X and prioritizing it appropriately. Tried all of the above steps today, factory reset, downgrading to 1.0.0.20 and back up to 1.0.1.20, R-app retry set to 5. It still doesn't work. Tried dropping down to 1.0.1.8 and that solves the problem. Been running all day with no issues. Thought I saw a comment where someone started having these issues with 1.0.1.10, so wanted to give .8  a try first. Will give .10 a try tomorrow. Staying away from .20 and waiting for a newer revision.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue but thank you for bringing it to our attention. It does sound like you've tried the available workarounds so I would suggest you stay on that version if you're happy to miss some security updates. Regarding Apex Legends have you setup the router optimally e.g QoS & Geo-Filter? I'd suggest you have a look through our optimal settings guides and if you're still having issues after that then make a new topic and we'll be happy to help out further: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

On 12/15/2019 at 7:55 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue but thank you for bringing it to our attention. It does sound like you've tried the available workarounds so I would suggest you stay on that version if you're happy to miss some security updates. Regarding Apex Legends have you setup the router optimally e.g QoS & Geo-Filter? I'd suggest you have a look through our optimal settings guides and if you're still having issues after that then make a new topic and we'll be happy to help out further: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Thanks. I did have my router configured with most of the settings mentioned in the guide. Upgraded to 1.0.1.10 early this evening. Seems to be working. Some of the R-apps seem to take longer to load than they did on .8. To the point where I'll switch to another app group and back (like from Network  Monitor to Dashboard back to Network Monitor) and they will usually load pretty quickly then.