Since update 7.00 can’t party chat psn

SolidOny

Hello! New member here. Just bought my xr500 few days ago. 

Theres been an an update in PS4 (7.00) and I’ve been having problems with PSN Party chat. I’ve selected few of my friends to “whitelist”, but even in the list I’m having problems with chat. I need to put my PS4 in spectator mode (and miss out all of my geo filtering features) because of this problem. Is there anyone that can help ? Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like Sony may have changed something with the servers that party chat uses. I'll do some testing in the office.

Could you do me a favour and take a note of the IDs of the peers/servers that you get connected to when Party Chatting?

Is there one server that always appears whenever you're party chatting? It might be that we need to whitelist this server.

Oh also a screenshot would be fantastic. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, bagsta69 said:

Sometimes if your friends don't have a static IP you mat have to whitelist them again as dynamic ip will mess things up if they reboot their router. 

I sometimes feel like this happens, but when I ping them they appear even with the name I’ve gave them.

13 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like Sony may have changed something with the servers that party chat uses. I'll do some testing in the office.

Could you do me a favour and take a note of the IDs of the peers/servers that you get connected to when Party Chatting?

Is there one server that always appears whenever you're party chatting? It might be that we need to whitelist this server.

Oh also a screenshot would be fantastic. Thanks!

Need to do some tests. I’m going to take screenshots when my friends get online

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you noticed anything being blocked on the Geo-Filter when this happens?

Started Just the PS4. Then created a PSN party chat just by myself. Dint see anything pop on the map in geo filtering. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

I sometimes feel like this happens, but when I ping them they appear even with the name I’ve gave them.

Need to do some tests. I’m going to take screenshots when my friends get online

Started Just the PS4. Then created a PSN party chat just by myself. Dint see anything pop on the map in geo filtering. 

If you're just in a party on your own then it may not use a server for chatting until someone else joins, could you check again please when you've invited someone else to the chat?

On 10/10/2019 at 1:28 AM, SolidOny said:

B1500312-1142-43E2-8D97-284D39C02C3E.jpeg

Yeah Had the issue did a quick search led me here, added that server that fixed the chat issue. Would there be an update from Netduma when this fixed?

On 10/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, SolidOny said:

one thing that bothers me. Is that I need to keep whitelisting everything again out of my geo filter even when I’ve whitelisted. (Psn chat, friends) Is there anything that I’m doing wrong ? 

Yes same with me, will there be an official announcement once this is done? Just to let us know, I could clear the list of servers I have had to add over the days. 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

Cloud update is live? Can I Flush cloud? 

Yes the update was pushed this week so you can flush the cloud. When you flush the cloud you will likely get a 'took too long to respond' message, don't worry about it, when you see it just wait a minute and then refresh the page and it will have flushed successfully.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kostas83 said:

I have exactly the same problem. When I am in filtering mode I can’t hear the other people on chat party. When I am on spectating mode I don’t have this issue....

We're sending out another cloud update today which contains an expanded whitelist of PSN Party Chat servers. Hopefully this will fix the issue.