Any decent config for Destiny 2 pvp on Steam? (PC)

On 10/8/2019 at 4:59 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Well I tested the game yesterday with Geo-Filter, and I was able to force it to connect me to America. I had Ping Assist off, I had Strict Mode on (weirdly) and it seemed to work fine.

When D2 was on Blizzard the pvp runs fine to me, now with the migration to Steam every competitive playlist (even Gambit) feel odd and kinda laggy. I always die way before even i see my oponent and theres a terrible hit registration because the damage number appears with a delay wittin each shot i hit. Any other suggestion? 

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

When D2 was on Blizzard the pvp runs fine to me, now with the migration to Steam every competitive playlist (even Gambit) feel odd and kinda laggy. I always die way before even i see my oponent and theres a terrible hit registration because the damage number appears with a delay wittin each shot i hit. Any other suggestion? 

That may be the servers then if nothing else in your setup has changed. What kind of pings are you getting shown by the Geo-Filter?

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That may be the servers then if nothing else in your setup has changed. What kind of pings are you getting shown by the Geo-Filter?

Usually im getting 120 - 160 ms. I may changed a few things in my setup, thats why im asking for a decent config.

1 hour ago, wrighty338 said:

iv just got back to D2

I loaded the destiny profile, i have my PC in the geo-filter as a PSN device, and geo filter seems to be keeping things in check in regards to hosts so far set at around 600 miles.

Feel a bit left out on this old firmware though wish i had dumaOS

Is there a reason you can't upgrade? Did I forget to push the bug fix update out to you?

Prior to Destiny 2 moving to Steam I had set up my gaming PC device as an Xbox 'Device Type' just to get the geo-filter to function correctly; once that worked it actually was doing its job filtering IPs out depending on the geo-filter settings.

Now with Destiny 2 on Steam.. The DumaOS software tries to geo-filter since it does auto-ping a host IP briefly ( which I think it is just showing my info reflected back from the Steam server ) and then once a match starts it never shows a host ping again, and doesn't seem to work at all. This never happened previously, and no updates were made on the DumaOS software or changed any settings.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, d.o.c said:

Prior to Destiny 2 moving to Steam I had set up my gaming PC device as an Xbox 'Device Type' just to get the geo-filter to function correctly; once that worked it actually was doing its job filtering IPs out depending on the geo-filter settings.

Now with Destiny 2 on Steam.. The DumaOS software tries to geo-filter since it does auto-ping a host IP briefly ( which I think it is just showing my info reflected back from the Steam server ) and then once a match starts it never shows a host ping again, and doesn't seem to work at all. This never happened previously, and no updates were made on the DumaOS software or changed any settings.

Hello, welcome to the forum!

So that occurs when using the PC as a console device type and if you use it as a PC with the Destiny service? Have you flushed the cloud at all?

I did use flush the cloud option when I first found out about setting the PC as a console (xbox) device, which would of been over a year ago; since then I have not used it.

So far since Destiny 2 moved to Steam I've noticed...

Strict mode needs to be 'on' for Destiny 2; otherwise you'll connect to almost any Steam server, regardless of how close it is to you or if it is even within your 'circle'.

Auto-ping feature only seems to populate the details table while match making; otherwise once you are in the match it populates nothing.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, d.o.c said:

I did use flush the cloud option when I first found out about setting the PC as a console (xbox) device, which would of been over a year ago; since then I have not used it.

So far since Destiny 2 moved to Steam I've noticed...

Strict mode needs to be 'on' for Destiny 2; otherwise you'll connect to almost any Steam server, regardless of how close it is to you or if it is even within your 'circle'.

Auto-ping feature only seems to populate the details table while match making; otherwise once you are in the match it populates nothing.

Do you have steam completely shut down before you apply the Geo-Filter/boot up the game? If not do that and then boot up steam/Destiny from the start after applying the Geo-Filter and see if it works then please. Could you make a new topic regarding your issues please? Its hard to properly support you in two other peoples topics.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:35 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Is there a reason you can't upgrade? Did I forget to push the bug fix update out to you?

Iv never had dumaOS, im still on version 1.03.6g  rb-951g-2hnd

If its possible for me to get in on the beta i dont mind updating

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

Yup, anyone can join :) just head to netduma.com - you'll see a DumaOS signup page. It'll be in 'beta' for a while, a bit like Minecraft. It's very much an ongoing project until we're confident all the kinks are ironed out.

22 hours ago, wrighty338 said:

Then check your emails for a download link.

Let me know if the link doesn't arrive.