COD BO4 HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FOR ME

Vincent

Hello, I’m here by wanna talk about the living hell nightmare I’ve been dealing with Call of duty black ops 4 so clearly the geo filter shows my ping to the server 15ms but the in game ping constantly 30 - 40ms wow what a disappointment. Will be nice if you guys who invented the XR500 will give more tools for us with this router especially for APEX Legend. But anyways the xr500 great piece of a equipment but the inconsistency of the lag spikes in the game is not. I shot somebody get drop in 1 second but I’m here emptying whole intired clip to the enemy. Only to died by 3 shots but anyways did some testing on pingplotter here is the results also switch to a different ISP name RCN my internet package 1GIG but my PS4 only reach up to 500Mbps.” 

• Administrators

The in game ping includes things like processing delay etc which all games have, just not all of them choose to show it as part of the ping as there is nothing that can be done on the consumer side about this. The ping on the Geo-Filter is from the router to the server, that is the only ping you can control so I would pay attention to that. 15ms is a great ping. You mentioned lag spikes, do you see this on the Geo-Filter ping? What does it spike to?

Gaming uses hardly any bandwidth so increasing the speed won't do anything, it has plenty as it is. From what I can see of your PingPlotter it looks fine, nothing to be concerned about there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, Vincent said:

Hello, I’m here by wanna talk about the living hell nightmare I’ve been dealing with Call of duty black ops 4 so clearly the geo filter shows my ping to the server 15ms but the in game ping constantly 30 - 40ms wow what a disappointment. Will be nice if you guys who invented the XR500 will give more tools for us with this router especially for APEX Legend. But anyways the xr500 great piece of a equipment but the inconsistency of the lag spikes in the game is not. I shot somebody get drop in 1 second but I’m here emptying whole intired clip to the enemy. Only to died by 3 shots but anyways did some testing on pingplotter here is the results also switch to a different ISP name RCN my internet package 1GIG but my PS4 only reach up to 500Mbps.” 

I experienced the same thing with blops4 like you. I have 19ms ping to the server. but in game its like a stutter party. I tried other games like bo3 and ww2 no issues at all. but bo4 is just a mess. The pre-game menue lags, the gameplay lags but on youtube nobody is talking about because they all are sellouts. Like the youtubers have their own version of the game to promote good gameplay so activision can sell more. lmfao. On pingplotter is everything fine on my side but still it annoys me that even playing hardcore makes barely a difference.

Most big youtubers have a private leaseline so their internet is miles better than yours in terms of quality. A 100 mbit leaseline will top a 1 Gbit consumer ISP connection every day when it comes to real time data simply because they are not sharing their line with anybody else but plug straight into the backbone where ISP's etc also plug into. For the Youtubers that specialize in high kill gameplays I would bet money that some even go as far as moving to a city where a datacenter is located so they can be closest to the server. And actually in some cases it's even possible to get a private lease line from the same cloud provider that hosts the CoD server, now we are talking business.

Also, menu lags in BO4 is mostly prevalent on the OG PS4, use a Pro with a SSD and it's practically gone.

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

Most big youtubers have a private leaseline so their internet is miles better than yours in terms of quality. A 100 mbit leaseline will top a 1 Gbit consumer ISP connection every day when it comes to real time data simply because they are not sharing their line with anybody else but plug straight into the backbone where ISP's etc also plug into. For the Youtubers that specialize in high kill gameplays I would bet money that some even go as far as moving to a city where a datacenter is located so they can be closest to the server. And actually in some cases it's even possible to get a private lease line from the same cloud provider that hosts the CoD server, now we are talking business.

Also, menu lags in BO4 is mostly prevalent on the OG PS4, use a Pro with a SSD and it's practically gone.

I agree. But I dont understand, I have a Samsung SSD in my OG PS4 with 1TB and its stuttering like hell. So this means its not the hard disk drive, its the ps4??

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Not all. TMem, arguably one of the best CoD players uses your standard BT 55/10. He even uses the BT Home Hub router. No other networking equipment.

Yet has almost 900 nukes in BOps4 and had the most of any streamer on IW.

He lives in Wales so no where near the London based CoD server bank.

Just saying.

3 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

I agree. But I dont understand, I have a Samsung SSD in my OG PS4 with 1TB and its stuttering like hell. So this means its not the hard disk drive, its the ps4??

I have the same SSD as you on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and my menus RARELY lag. I still get the odd stutter but before I got the SSD, it was bloody awful.

3 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Not all. TMem, arguably one of the best CoD players uses your standard BT 55/10. He even uses the BT Home Hub router. No other networking equipment.

Yet has almost 900 nukes in BOps4 and had the most of any streamer on IW.

He lives in Wales so no where near the London based CoD server bank.

Just saying.

It's just a toss up what you get with a regular ISP.

I know somebody who is really good, can drop double and tripple nukes in IW. He lives in London and also has BT, and basicly CoD is unplayable for him 98% of the time.