Netduma wifi coverage is.....

Trolling_Farm

I have an Asus Rt-N66u with a custom firmware "Merlin" as my AP. I also swaped the anttenas for a higher dbi to throw my signal further. The netduma has better wifi coverage then my Rt-N66u :/ maybe antennas don't really do shit because they are cheaply made???

I will post some pictures/tests that I have done later.

A quality built router has no need for antennas! But what happened to the 5ghz :( poor decisions on that one. In my college town I can pick up over 100 AP from my front door about 80% is gateways from my from Comcast/xfinity. My rt-n66u does have a stronger signal then most Comcast/xfinity Gateways but still the 5 would of been nice.

I bet some people thought I was going to hate.... Hahahaha

2.4 travels through thick walls better than 5 in my testing , that's why the Duma is so good

I can pick it up over the other side of my road at my neighbours house a street over , that will do for me :)

I have the RT-N56U and from my understanding it's very similar to the N66U except it has a ralink chip and the 66 has a broadcom chip allowing 3rd party firmwares... Needless to say, the wifi on it is not that great. In comparison to my old WRT-54G the 2.4ghz signal could barely reach throughout my house. Now I'm using the TP-Link Archer C7 and the 5ghz and 2.4ghz is just insane in both range and speed at that range.

2.4ghz can penetrate through objects much better than a 5ghz frequency can, so your R1 probably could outperform most 5ghz wifi routers in range. I personally don't use the wifi on it, because it's in my basement and the range is not enough for my entire house at that location.

I honestly only use netduma for gaming and all my other date is on another router.

ISP-pfSense-3com"managed"switch that splits off to my ap and to my netduma.

I know the difference between the frequencys. That's not my point! The 2.4 is is flooded in a college town, general wifi performance is de-graded. Basement/Walls :(

I honestly only use netduma for gaming and all my other date is on another router.

ISP-pfSense-3com"managed"switch that splits off to my ap and to my netduma.

I know the difference between the frequencys. That's not my point! The 2.4 is is flooded in a college town, general wifi performance is de-graded. Basement/Walls :(

My point was a quality router with built in antennas can outperform external antennas...  The Archer C7 I have has internal 2.4 antennas and external 5dbi 5ghz antennas and the range is about the same on both frequencies. Compared to the 2 internal antennas on my Asus router, it barely reaches 1 story up in my house.

There's nothing wrong with the 2.4 wireless on the duma,i still get good speeds with it in the basement to the PS3's on the second floor.

Bet you thought I was gonna hate...Hahahaha

I just use the Duma, BT Infinity into the house, modem then R1, Run my whole network off it and can even sit in the garden (opposite side of the house to where the R1 is) and stream the cricket on Sky or Radio 5 live.

There's nothing wrong with the 2.4 wireless on the duma,i still get good speeds with it in the basement to the PS3's on the second floor.

Bet you thought I was gonna hate...Hahahaha

Who said anything was wrong with it? You must not read my friend. I was actually expressing how good the wifi is on it. For people who are iffy and think hey no antenna wifi coverage will be shit. That is not the case with the Netduma.

Didn't say anything was wrong with the the duma's wireless,simply stating that I get a good signal from basement to second floor.So was actually agreeing with you on your point about it having good wireless.

So maybe it's you who can't read and don't get it twisted,we ain't friends    ;)

Yes i have a 100 download so on 2.4 i getting a lot less the on 5 in terms of speed. That is a fact.

But like a lot of chaps sad there is a trade off deal. You trade less of higher speeds for stronger signal and incrised range.

My story is with duma i can play music in my garden on a sunny day grilling without having to move router anywhere.

I can also take me phone w flors up in trough some woden brick walls and enjoy youteb while taking a bath.

Yes the max i can get is 40 mb i think maybe more. Dont ieven check it any more. For me is more then enough for my wireless devices.

I guess my mansion is too big to use the wifi from the R1 throughout... But I didn't buy it to use for wifi so I'm not complaining. If it was wired only it wouldn't matter to me lol

Archived