What is this server pls?

SwiftCookie

Yo DumaFam!

Just wondering what this server is when I start up Modern Warfare, you know when it's pinging all the current servers. It's 8ms which makes me wonder if it's somewhere local to me? I know for a fact on Speedtest my ping to an Adelaide server is 8ms. Is it maybe a server that my internet connection runs through? I've never seen it before until I started playing the beta. 

Cheers!

Untitled.png

• Administrators

I'm getting IP registered for private internet use when I look this up so normally I would say I think it is just a peer who lives fairly close but as it happened when you booted up the game that is very weird. I can't get any details on the IP so it could be either really, are you able to get a game with it?

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex Yeah It's definitely no one I play with and it only appears when I boot up cod. There used to be an Adelaide server for older cods like blops 2 and 3 but I haven't seen it for a while now. I tried forcing my game to join it but to no avail. Really hopeful that it's an Adelaide server for cod but I kinda doubt it, like I said I haven't seen an Adelaide server in cod for a while now. I tried looking it up too, but I couldn't find anything either. If anyone on the team gets a chance during the beta could they test it on PS4 too. Would really like to know if it appears for other people too upon loading into MW Beta. 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be a placeholder server and might become active at launch but we'll investigate!

I've actually found 4 now in the exact same spot with the same ping whilst booting up MW Beta. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very interesting, thanks for that. I assume you still haven't managed to play on it?

Nah no luck with finding a lobby on them, tried forcing it to join there but it kept wanting me to join the Sydney dedi. Really hope it is a placeholder server for full release :) 

Hey just thought i'd jump in and comment on the original screenshot.

Peers that appear off the coast of africa like that are actually just peers that we cannot find a location for. That point off the coast of africa is the centre of the map, so that's like the default position. Sorry this wasn't made clearer!

On 9/16/2019 at 8:31 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Hey just thought i'd jump in and comment on the original screenshot.

Peers that appear off the coast of africa like that are actually just peers that we cannot find a location for. That point off the coast of africa is the centre of the map, so that's like the default position. Sorry this wasn't made clearer!

How can they be peers though? They only appear when I boot up MW. 

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Probably miscategorized. I imagine they won't appear after the next cloud update.

No worries man. Just strange because when I ping that server, 8ms is consistent with what I get on Adelaide servers with speedtest. 

Whilst I have you here. This server is mislocated in Australia, my ping to the server I've circled below is about 200ms which would suggest it's supposed to be in the US somewhere. 

Untitled.png

• Administrators
18 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

No worries man. Just strange because when I ping that server, 8ms is consistent with what I get on Adelaide servers with speedtest. 

Whilst I have you here. This server is mislocated in Australia, my ping to the server I've circled below is about 200ms which would suggest it's supposed to be in the US somewhere.

Could you post that server ID here please so we could move it: