MW4?

I am sure there will be upcoming information in the coming weeks. I played the Alpha and will be playing the Beta as well. I would suggest that you check your Nat type when the beta launches and if you have moderate or strict I would put your console in dmz and give it a static IP address. Untick upnp if you do this. I have a couple of days to try things out before I am on nights again so will have a look and put any findings on the site. During the Alpha I had moderate Nat but didn't have the time to muck about finding how to get it open, I will have time for the 1st 2 days of the closed beta. 

I found on the Alpha that using the geo filter worked a treat even with moderate nat and it was good fun to play. 

Geo filter to 900 km congestion control set to 75/75 and only when high priority traffic detected. 
When I turned the Duma goodies off it was a bit of a hit and miss lag fest but with em on even I did ok. 

So right now I have moderate NAT type due to my current setup. I’ve used the dumb switch method since I have AT&T fiber & bypassed their gateway. The Duma is handling everything now which is great but even with port forwarding I can’t seem to get an open NAT. I had to clone the gateways MAC address into the settings of the Duma in order to get connection. 

UPNP doesn’t do anything for me since the Gateway didn’t support it and since my setup is fooled into believing its still connected, UPNP is broken. Surprised I couldn’t get open NAT with all BO4 Ports open?

Wonder if I should open up 1 - 6,000, or whatever the default is for ALL ports?

How do I DMZ the consoles (I have both PS4 & Xbox) into the Duma?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

We're going to be doing testing during the beta so fingers crossed it will all be ready for launch day.

The R1 on DumsOS doesn't support DMZ unfortunately. You could try forwarding all ports 1-65535

Cool, so do I select both TCP / UDP when I do this? 

Thanks!

4 hours ago, first blood dk said:

I have static ip, and have moderate nat type in this beta. I have tried opening the ports, but it does not help.

Try forwarding just port 3074 for both udp and tpc / static Ip then reboot the console and load up the game. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Thanks for the report! We'll be doing testing during the beta so hopefully by launch we'll be fully compatible.

hey alex:)

i dont see any hosts in the geo filter map during the beta. but the ps4 is with the duma connected and also enabled and show hosts also enabled. what could it be? best regards 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, lucakusej said:

hey alex:)

i dont see any hosts in the geo filter map during the beta. but the ps4 is with the duma connected and also enabled and show hosts also enabled. what could it be? best regards 

As above, look initially when you boot the game. If you don't see this then you're unlikely to see it when you're on the game. If you don't see it check the device manager and confirm the device you think it is has its IP match with the IP on the actual device so you can be sure you've added the right device to the Geo-Filter.

• 1 month later...