Constant packet loss fortnite

I have exactly the same problem. I also play on ps4 pro and have packet loss on all gunfights. I suspect that it has something to do with the sound.the sound does not become priority. Sorry for my bad english

3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Could you try putting your console into the XR500's DMZ temporarily to see if that fixes it?

I have this same issue.

ISP is spectrum.

location is florida.

and console is XBOX. 

I see regularly 1% upload packet loss during gunfights and in between and sometimes 5-15. I see the same in PUBG. sometimes shots dont register, and I stutter. ANTI buffer is at 70% up and down.

If the upload packet loss is the problem for you, then perhaps put the upload slider at 100% and see if that improves matters.

Also, go to Upload on the Bandwidth Allocation flower and make sure that Share Excess in the side menu is ENABLED. Then give your console maximum bandwidth (100%) and press UPDATE DISTRIBUTION.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? It's 2 years later and I am having the same issue. My upload net graph on Fortnite shows constant 1-15% packet loss with a yellow or red X at almost all time. I used to have a NetDuma R2 but 2 broke over the course of 6 months so I switched to the XR500 hoping the hardware would be better and use DumaOS. I was better off with the R2 when the hardware worked...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nick Paranzine said:

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? It's 2 years later and I am having the same issue. My upload net graph on Fortnite shows constant 1-15% packet loss with a yellow or red X at almost all time. I used to have a NetDuma R2 but 2 broke over the course of 6 months so I switched to the XR500 hoping the hardware would be better and use DumaOS. I was better off with the R2 when the hardware worked...

Do you have the same issue when you connect directly to your modem?

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Nick Paranzine said:

When I connect to my modem I have connection at the max speeds my ISP is offering. The issue is the router. 

Not referring to speeds, do you have the packet loss when playing directly connected to the modem?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not referring to speeds, do you have the packet loss when playing directly connected to the modem?

I am going to try and connect to the modem after I update the firmware and perform a full factory reset. I’ll send a video of the net graph after when I am connected directly to the modem. 

18 minutes ago, Nick Paranzine said:

I am going to try and connect to the modem after I update the firmware and perform a full factory reset. I’ll send a video of the net graph after when I am connected directly to the modem. 

The firmware update seems to have fixed my problems. I’ll be playing this morning to fully test. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that, keep us posted!

So great news is fortnite is running smooth with no packet loss. Amazing stuff right? Unfortunately I cannot connect to the Apex servers... I used Touch VPN and connected via a singapore connection and was able to at least get into the menu so i know the servers arent down. I disabled the GeoFilter just to test and see if i was restricting access but i am having no luck. I hate to derail the thread but maybe you can help?

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Nick Paranzine said:

So great news is fortnite is running smooth with no packet loss. Amazing stuff right? Unfortunately I cannot connect to the Apex servers... I used Touch VPN and connected via a singapore connection and was able to at least get into the menu so i know the servers arent down. I disabled the GeoFilter just to test and see if i was restricting access but i am having no luck. I hate to derail the thread but maybe you can help?

It sounds like 1 of 2 things, either your ping is so high forcing a server that far away + the added latency of the VPN that you've hit a ping limit and so they won't let you connect or they have banned the VPN server IP. 

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It sounds like 1 of 2 things, either your ping is so high forcing a server that far away + the added latency of the VPN that you've hit a ping limit and so they won't let you connect or they have banned the VPN server IP. 

Unfortunately now my bigger fish to fry is the fact that I am still getting constant internet drops and I'm back to getting 1-20% packet loss on Fortnite. I am on version V2.3.2.108 which resolved my problems for about 4 hours. Now I am back to dropping internet during the workday and at night I have to fight packet loss. Its been proven that I can get a good connection because I did yesterday and I was totally fine with my R2. There has to be a long term solution.

• Administrators

Have you tried the DumaOS 3.0 beta .120? That has a fix for connection drops and also have fixes and improvements from our side as well. I would recommend trying it and seeing if that resolves both your issues.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried the DumaOS 3.0 beta .120? That has a fix for connection drops and also have fixes and improvements from our side as well. I would recommend trying it and seeing if that resolves both your issues.

Im crossing my fingers. The past 24 hours have been okay. I am on .108 and having luck. I swapped out the power brick with the correct one that came with the router and I have not power cycled since. I am working through my issues one at a time but right now im getting no packet loss on fortnite. I am hesitant to upgrade to the newest firmware as I have seen others having issues with it.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Nick Paranzine said:

Im crossing my fingers. The past 24 hours have been okay. I am on .108 and having luck. I swapped out the power brick with the correct one that came with the router and I have not power cycled since. I am working through my issues one at a time but right now im getting no packet loss on fortnite. I am hesitant to upgrade to the newest firmware as I have seen others having issues with it.

You'll only ever see people posting issues on support forums, those who it works for will rarely go out of their way to post but I get your point. See how it goes and if it happens again I would suggest upgrading

So i was on V2.3.2.108 and when my connection wasnt dropping, it was the best its ever been. I had no packet loss on Fortnite and was finally able to play games like COD and Apex. The catch was I was experiencing occasional drop outs on the connection. Finally I cracked and upgraded to .120.HUGE MISTAKE. back to having constant packet loss (1%-15%) on fortnite. Clearly, I am able to achieve a good connection with this router but your firmware updates are not good. I am at the point where I cannot go back and forth with this router anymore. I would love to just go back to .108 but of course, when I go to the download page its the file is corrupted. Im about to return this product. $250... You have to be a borderline networking genius to get this router to work. WHAT DO I DO?