Constant packet loss fortnite

I have basically tried everything, I play NAEast Pain will be at 20 and have 1% packet loss, I have moved around setting after setting DNS after DNS and nothing is working, it is only on fortnight and it is only on my  XR500. 

This new update change nothing for me, I have spent a lot of money on that new my products I have the original R one and bought this as soon as it came out I’ve been waiting for something to happen please help

As a test, could you go to the QoS settings page, open the side menu (three lines) next to anti-bufferbloat and tick Disable QoS.

If this fixes the problem, we'll know that there's an issue somewhere in QoS. If this doesn't fix the problem, we'll know to look somewhere else.

ISP modem only not a combo Router/Modem.. I have been on the phone with them for a month, they’re not having any drops in service on there part from what they say. Honestly I’m about done, I’ve tried everything, as a very competitive gamer this is beyond frustrating... I went from winning to not being able to win a single game.  I’m not the greatest but when I know my shot is dead on and no registration then I see “packet loss” I want to just throw it out the window.  Is there another solution on your end apart from trashing the duma?

• Administrators

Are you using the Geo-Filter at all? Even just to monitor the ping? If so do you notice anything happening to the ping shown there when you get that packet loss? 

Have you tried with a different ethernet cable? Have you tried on WiFi?

Yes, on all accounts, jumps in the gunfights also using cat6 could use cat5 if need be but figured this is new and wouldn’t be the issue WiFi is unreal. I’ve tried using the fortnite profile you guys have preloaded then also doing my own adjustments to get servers not far from me but still, packet loss. I honestly feel like it’s COD’s lag comp when it happens but not sure if that has been implemented in fortnite, anyway it’s only been happening for a little over a month, COD is always a laggy game for me, I’ve tried every speed from my ISP went from 30/100/300/1000 and now I’m on 400mbps, I’ve throttled 100 different ways and all have the same packet loss.  I’m at a loss and very frustrated and wish I could figure it out lol 

• Administrators

Where are you located roughly? Could you follow this guide please while saturating your connection (downloading, watching videos etc) and trying different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find what keeps your ping as low and stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Does the ping panel on the Geo-Filter spike when packet loss happens?

• Administrators

Are you just running a test without doing anything else? You need to download a lot, have videos running etc to make your connection essentially very laggy and run the test at the same time. Then change the Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find what percentage keeps the ping in that graph low with no spikes.

Also if you weren't doing anything on that test it's hard to say, you could do it direct to the modem and that will give you an idea.

I was streaming Netflix and playing fortnite plus had a couple of windows open on computer and running this test!!!  Seems to lag hard when engaging in gunfights, hence the spikes, not too bad when just running around, it’s like it lags me out to make the other person have the advantage, I understand that sounds stupid but you can see every gunfight I get in, this spike happens, I’m all the way from 70 to 30 on the sliders and nothing has changed in the spikes 

ISP is spectrum and the modem is model 31T2V1 docsis 3.1 connected to the XR500... ps the modem doesn’t say a name brand I think because spectrum are as***les and they want you to use there crap... I’ll try 70+ this evening but doesn’t seem like that’s gonna work, I got those spikes every game all day

Yes QOS is on, I only have there modem as that’s all they would support on the 1g service, since I only have 400mbps I can just buy another modem if you think that could be the issue, but I will say I’ve had 3 and all did the same is why I tried out there gig service in hopes it would fix my shit connection! So basically I’m just screwed? Or is there something else I can try? 

• Administrators

Okay so that likely indicates you have an issue on your line which spectrum would have to sort out. Try the other percentages above 70% with your connection saturated and see what you get. What IP/site are you using on ping plotter? Can you include a screenshot of the entire PingPlotter program next time you do one please?