Constant packet loss fortnite

1 minute ago, Nick Paranzine said:

So i was on V2.3.2.108 and when my connection wasnt dropping, it was the best its ever been. I had no packet loss on Fortnite and was finally able to play games like COD and Apex. The catch was I was experiencing occasional drop outs on the connection. Finally I cracked and upgraded to .120.HUGE MISTAKE. back to having constant packet loss (1%-15%) on fortnite. Clearly, I am able to achieve a good connection with this router but your firmware updates are not good. I am at the point where I cannot go back and forth with this router anymore. I would love to just go back to .108 but of course, when I go to the download page its the file is corrupted. Im about to return this product. $250... You have to be a borderline networking genius to get this router to work. WHAT DO I DO?

And before you ask, when I connect directly to the Modem (ARRIS Surfboard Sb8200) I get the same (if not more) packet loss. 

• Administrators

If you're connecting direct to the modem which means no other devices are able to access the internet then that indicates either a modem or ISP issue.

I'd suggest you upgrade to .120 again using TFTP which bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset after 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

On 4/14/2021 at 12:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're connecting direct to the modem which means no other devices are able to access the internet then that indicates either a modem or ISP issue.

I'd suggest you upgrade to .120 again using TFTP which bypasses the boot process and any issues there, then do a factory reset after 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Unfortunately, I think my time of using the XR500 has come to an end. I wish I could say DUMAOS was enticing enough for me to suffer through the bugs of the product but its just not. I have purchased an ASUS router which seems to be working perfectly fine out of the box with the QoS settings they offer. I have until May 2nd to return my XR500 so I may run some additional tests at a later time but for now it is looking like the XR500 is going to be returned. The XR500 just has too many bugs and with no phone support, it is too frustrating to work with. As a customer I suggest you guys get a support hotline and offer remote support for these routers.

Thanks for your time and I hope these issues all get worked out.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nick Paranzine said:

Unfortunately, I think my time of using the XR500 has come to an end. I wish I could say DUMAOS was enticing enough for me to suffer through the bugs of the product but its just not. I have purchased an ASUS router which seems to be working perfectly fine out of the box with the QoS settings they offer. I have until May 2nd to return my XR500 so I may run some additional tests at a later time but for now it is looking like the XR500 is going to be returned. The XR500 just has too many bugs and with no phone support, it is too frustrating to work with. As a customer I suggest you guys get a support hotline and offer remote support for these routers.

Thanks for your time and I hope these issues all get worked out.

If direct to the modem you have the same issue then it won't be an XR500 issue and likely you will experience it with the Asus as well at some point. Netgear have a support number you can call. For us personally if we had that then without outsourcing the support it would result in slower support for our customer base.