Gears 5

mine does that too but the server is blocked  or outside my radius and it still connects and disconnects once the game started and then I have a 30min penalty my question is there a way to always just connect California server and how to do it

15 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Do the east coast servers appear with a white circle around them in the Geo-Filter?

It seems to be working correctly now, I will chime back if things change. 

15 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Do the east coast servers appear with a white circle around them in the Geo-Filter?

No but it attempts to connect me to those servers anyways.

17 hours ago, dfjdog said:

mine does that too but the server is blocked  or outside my radius and it still connects and disconnects once the game started and then I have a 30min penalty my question is there a way to always just connect California server and how to do it

In the device section of the geo filter, is it set to strict or spectating?  It should be set to strict with your radius around the CA server.  Also, set ping assist to 0 with fast search unchecked.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, dfjdog said:

It would be really helpful if you could show us all your Geo-Filter settings and a full screenshot showing what happens when you get disconnected. If you press Ctrl + PrntScr on the keyboard that will take a full screenshot and then you can upload that.

5 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

it seems to be working correctly now. Idk why it wouldn't work for a while but now it does, I'll chime in again if this changes, thank you ND team.

Was there anything that changed before it started working?

• Netduma Staff
34 minutes ago, dfjdog said:

I set the radius to California.  unchecked fast search and set the ping assist to 0. and still being connected to out of California please tell me what am I doing wrong

Did you have Strict Mode on in this case? From your previous screenshot it was working just fine. The triangle icon showed that the Texas server was being blocked, so you should be able to keep searching until you're connected to California.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Okay... Sounds like it's not working right. I will need to do more testing from our end.

It was working great for me but I think you must've tweaked something cause now I am getting force connected outside of my geo radius again.

3 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

It was working great for me but I think you must've tweaked something cause now I am getting force connected outside of my geo radius again.

It worked when I tested it, but connecting to somewhere far away took an incredibly long time. I don't know if it's because the matchmaking is tied very tightly to skill (of which I have none) or if they've deranked my profile for disconnecting too often when I was testing it.

Geo Filtering is no longer working anymore.  When I had it on, it would block out all servers except for the West.  If you go into options under matchmaking, you would be able to see which servers were being blocked....basically it would show -- but the server that you aren't blocking would show ping.  Now, all servers are showing ping, and I'm getting connected to servers outside of my radius. 

UPDATE:  Its working once again.  Servers outside of my radius has been blocked.  It's related to ping assist.  I set it to 75ms, I get connected to servers that are pinging 90ms, if I set it to 0, I only get servers that are within my radius.

• 4 weeks later...

Having issues with Gears 5 matchmaking again, It won't connect me to my home server in the west coast, forcefully connects me outside my radius, it happens more often than not, can you check in on it? I have the latest FW update FYI.

6 hours ago, xBuTcHeRx said:

Having issues with Gears 5 matchmaking again, It won't connect me to my home server in the west coast, forcefully connects me outside my radius, it happens more often than not, can you check in on it? I have the latest FW update FYI.

I'll have to test it again, thanks for the heads up!

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Alex won't have been able to test it that as he's focused on the CoD cloud update at the moment.

Understood, whats the ETA on COD MW then?

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to give an update, Gears 5 GEO FILTER isn't working again. Can you guys check on it pls? thank you. It keeps connecting me OUTSIDE of the radius bubble.