Gears 5

As soon as we get a chance to test it. We haven't had any chance to play the game before launch.

For now, just try setting your device as a console and see if it works. We'll need to add details of the servers to our database.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, Netduma Alex said:

As soon as we get a chance to test it. We haven't had any chance to play the game before launch.

For now, just try setting your device as a console and see if it works. We'll need to add details of the servers to our database.

Any updates on Gears 5 being added to the geo-filter i have tried to set my Xbox as a console but on the geo-filter i cant connect to the servers i want to 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the fix has been pushed out. The problem was that we were whitelisting too many servers around the world, meaning that the game knew exactly where you were, even if the geo-filter was supposed to be blocking those servers. Now it should be possible to trick the game into thinking you're anywhere in the world.

Depends if you're aiming for a good ping or to trick it into another location. In theory Ping Assist should produce good results because it will allow any low ping server no matter where it is.

I would still recommend putting a radius around your house though because it will still need to connect to the nearest authentication server before it starts matchmaking, and if it can locate you during this process, the results should be better.

I still get connected immediately to east coast/central servers instead of my home west coast server in CA. Is this normal? I RARELY get into my home server, please help.

Also the game just received a title update today so I'm not sure if the settings provided on the geo are still working correctly, please double check ND team, thank you.

I am having the same thing happen to me. I set the geo filter to only California and still getting connected to east and central servers. I tried denying those servers and still nothing will change always still getting connected to them. I set all my settings then I boot up the game 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, dfjdog said:

I am having the same thing happen to me. I set the geo filter to only California and still getting connected to east and central servers. I tried denying those servers and still nothing will change always still getting connected to them. I set all my settings then I boot up the game 

Could you provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page please showing when this happens?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, dfjdog said:

as you can see my geo filter 8s California but still being connected in Texas 

That's showing that you are blocking Texas which would be expected, you will see blocked icons on the map when searching but that indicates it is working. I can't see the rest of the image, could you take a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page when you're connected to a game outside the radius?

16 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Do you get connected to the east coast servers even if you put them outside of your radius?

Correct, almost instantly, doesn't even try to connect me on the west coast server.