How to remove offline devices from router?

On 1/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, SpicyCarrot1550 said:

Hello. Since I had the same issue as OP, and this appears to be the only relevant search result for it, I figure I'd document how I corrected it:
(Be advised, that this is almost certianly not "supported" by NetDuma or Netgear, and should not be attempted if you do not understand what you are doing. I take no responsibility for anything that results from you attempting any part of these instructions.)

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm (and log in)

2. Check to box to "Enable Telnet"

3. Use a telnet client to connect to "routerlogin.net" (If you don't know how to do this, you might have to search for how to do so on your OS.)

4. Login using the same password that you use for the router's web interface

5. You should see a "DUMA OS" banner and a prompt ("root@XR500:/# ")

6. Enter "./dumaos/clear-device-manager.sh" into the telnet session (and press enter. It should look like "root@XR500:/# ./dumaos/clear-device-manager.sh")

7. Wait until you see "You can safely pull the plug now!". You can now close the telnet session and reboot the router (using the physical button on the back)

8. Wait until the router has rebooted completely (all the lights should be white)

9. Visit routerlogin.net again (and log in, again). All offline devices should now be cleared from the Device Manager

10. The telnet interface should have automatically disabled itself when the router rebooted; however, you can verify this by going to http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm again.

(Note: If your router is not easily physically accessible, you could enter "reboot" (and press enter) into the telnet session instead of using the physical button in step 7; however, I've only tested this once.)

Hopefully this functionality will be accessible through the DumaOS web interface soon:)

This process worked flawlessly on my XR500 !.

Removed about 500 offline devices in a few seconds.

The Reboot command worked too.

Thank you !

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the Device Manager click the option menu and you can remove all offline devices there.

I don't seem to have that option. Also, not sure if it's a bug or not but when I manually remove devices they often reappear even if they have not reconnected to my network.

image.thumb.png.7c4ff602a5ac3dd348e145a7c380b888.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, skarz said:

I don't seem to have that option. Also, not sure if it's a bug or not but when I manually remove devices they often reappear even if they have not reconnected to my network.

Could you upgrade to the latest beta please and see whether you have the option and whether devices stay deleted?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

• 5 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you upgrade to the latest beta please and see whether you have the option and whether devices stay deleted?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

I was having a similar problem, and this beta is AMAZING! Hope the final is this good!

Suggestion though, add the ability to manually reassign the connection type for devices. 
For some reason the XR500 is detecting wifi outlets that don't even have 5g as 5g instead of 2g. (connecting to extender)
NBD but grinds on my OCD that it's wrong...

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Digimancer said:

I was having a similar problem, and this beta is AMAZING! Hope the final is this good!

Suggestion though, add the ability to manually reassign the connection type for devices. 
For some reason the XR500 is detecting wifi outlets that don't even have 5g as 5g instead of 2g. (connecting to extender)
NBD but grinds on my OCD that it's wrong...

Thanks for the feedback, that's really great to hear!

What is the extender you're using exactly?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 7:32 PM, SpicyCarrot1550 said:

Hello. Since I had the same issue as OP, and this appears to be the only relevant search result for it, I figure I'd document how I corrected it:
(Be advised, that this is almost certianly not "supported" by NetDuma or Netgear, and should not be attempted if you do not understand what you are doing. I take no responsibility for anything that results from you attempting any part of these instructions.)

1. Go to http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm (and log in)

2. Check to box to "Enable Telnet"

3. Use a telnet client to connect to "routerlogin.net" (If you don't know how to do this, you might have to search for how to do so on your OS.)

4. Login using the same password that you use for the router's web interface

5. You should see a "DUMA OS" banner and a prompt ("root@XR500:/# ")

6. Enter "./dumaos/clear-device-manager.sh" into the telnet session (and press enter. It should look like "root@XR500:/# ./dumaos/clear-device-manager.sh")

7. Wait until you see "You can safely pull the plug now!". You can now close the telnet session and reboot the router (using the physical button on the back)

8. Wait until the router has rebooted completely (all the lights should be white)

9. Visit routerlogin.net again (and log in, again). All offline devices should now be cleared from the Device Manager

10. The telnet interface should have automatically disabled itself when the router rebooted; however, you can verify this by going to http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm again.

(Note: If your router is not easily physically accessible, you could enter "reboot" (and press enter) into the telnet session instead of using the physical button in step 7; however, I've only tested this once.)

Hopefully this functionality will be accessible through the DumaOS web interface soon:)

It works on the XR300, gave an error about killing a process ID, but worked after the reboot

10 minutes ago, LordNecro said:

Yes, extremely disappointed with the product. Any updates for XR300 DUMA OS 3.0? 

Welcome to the forum! 

We're currently working on some internal improvements and optimisations that will make building new firmwares much quicker. This will assist us in trying to port DumaOS 3.0 to the XR300.

Just now, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum! 

We're currently working on some internal improvements and optimisations that will make building new firmwares much quicker. This will assist us in trying to port DumaOS 3.0 to the XR300.

Great to hear, i'll check back in 🤞 

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum! 

this has been repeated in the forums for years. Is there any ETA? When i click enable telnet, the page refreshes but doesnt actually enable. cant find any resources, are you able to help at all?

as you can see, its a nightmare to manage manually

Screenshot 2021-10-18 141907.png

2 minutes ago, boblee said:

this has been repeated in the forums for years. Is there any ETA? When i click enable telnet, the page refreshes but doesnt actually enable. cant find any resources, are you able to help at all?

as you can see, its a nightmare to manage manually

Screenshot 2021-10-18 141907.png

Don’t quote me on this as @RedBull2k can confirm but his Caddy can remove off line devices while you wait for 3.0.

• 4 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 1:31 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

@boblee We don't have an ETA currently, I would highly recommend you do a factory reset to get rid of that and set static/reserved IPs for devices and that should prevent as many unnamed devices from appearing.

Any update? Still using a defective product...