Bt Smarthub 2 to DrayTek 130

ArcaPulse

I have like 25 different rules in the traffic prioritisation is the duma going to be ok with that? Most of them are only a single port but and hardly any of them should be active at one time. I’ve put in all of our main games, but wanted to check that the number of rules is ok before adding the less played ones. And also that the ports that are recommended to be port forwarded are the same ones that should be prioritised?

Yeah UPnP is on and I’m having no trouble with open NAT, I did port forward some xbox ports however as I was getting double NAT on the Xbox with the smart hub at one point. I think I tried that as a solution and never removed the port forwarding rules, should I just delete them? They won’t be causing any problems would they?

Ooh I might have found a problem. My PC is on and I’ve closed everything down. Yet looking at duma OS on my phone it’s still coming up with high priority traffic detected, so something on the network must be getting prioritised incorrectly? How would I go about troubshooting which port it is?

its just phones being used at the moment 

I have duma classified off. Then for each of mine any my brothers main games I have inputted the ports that correspond to that game into the traffic prioritisation by going into the advanced tab. Here’s some of them in the photo.

0C299BD4-195C-4EB4-B9F4-02873C53E27F.jpeg

It was on but idle on the desktop, my brothers pc was off, the Xbox was in sleep mode also that’s just reminded me. Let me turn each on off properly to see which one is being prioritised.

Ok it was definitely my PC that was getting high priority. The games that I’ve got on priority are all the ports for fortnite, battlefield, pub G and apex legends. Should I turn each rule off 1 at a time until the problem stops? 
I reckon it will be one of the stores either steam, epic games store or origins that’s causing the problem. 

One thing I would suggest is removing any rules that are TCP.

Most gaming traffic is UDP, and authentication/game downloads are TCP. 

If you only prioritize UDP traffic, you may avoid the high priority traffic mode being triggered when gaming platforms are just standing by.

I wonder if the rules are not the other way around?

For CoD I have UDP Source: 3074 Destination 1024-65335

My QoS seems to work fine since it lights up when I play CoD and goes off when I shut off the game. Also on the traffic overview it counts both incoming and outgoing packets under high priority.

Can anyone confirms what Bert is saying? I think this was how Fraser told me to input the ports but I could well be mistaken. I’ll try taking out the TCP ports and see if that improves. If not I might try swapping the source and destination ports around.

Another thing, are you playing COD on console Bert?

yes I play on PS4 :)

I have DumaOS classfied games off though, more as a expiriment to see if it doesn't prioritize anything else by accident and I play 99% CoD. Don't think it makes a difference just haven't changed it back yet.

Ok all TCP removed, high priority is still detected and ticking up with nothing but chrome open on my PC on duma OS.

I may try the destination setting then for Fifa and COD on my Xbox and see if that improves it.

Ping has been absolutuly perfect tonight. Had a few initial problems getting into games first time? The games would fail first time connecting then be fine second time. Also Duma OS wouldn't load properly but after 2 restarts absolutely no problems. If this weekends good then I'd consider this completely fixed.

How many packets should a game of fifa be using? As high priority seems to tick up very slowly when I'm playing, it definately recognises the console as high priority though as it instanly lights up. Ping has been slightly worse today, but thrusday,friday and saturday were perfect. It could well be the servers, however the low increase in high priority packets makes me question if thats the issue.

Both upload and download have gone up 75-90 packets in a 20 minute game.

Having continued playing, I'm definately having problems again, the only solution is to not share excess bandwidth. Is there a way to set a devices bandwidth in stone (e.g give xbox 10% and not share but share the rest of the bandwidth around that's not allocated to the xbox?) 

Another thing i've noticed is that the CPU usage on the duma seems to be pegged at or near 100% most of the time, could that be causing issues?

EDIT: Trying to use share excess off is seeing a small amount of packet loss, but the overall connection is better when the packet loss isnt happening. This makes me wonder if the powerline adapters are causing any problems.