Router login issues

So I have a few different PC's that I log into the router on at any given point.  Usually I get the message that another device is logged in and that if I want to proceed the other device will be disconnected.  I'll click yes and can login normally.

Recently, I am no longer getting that prompt, and am now presented with the router password recovery almost every time.  This happens regardless of browser.  If I put in the router's serial number, it will ask ,e my security questions, which I answer correctly, then I get taken right back to the router recovery screen.  I have cleared all browser caches and rebooting the router.  Nothing seems to be helping.

Have you tried from your phone or any other devices?

And just to make sure, you're saying that after you go through the recovery process, the recovery process just begins again? You can't get into the DumaOS interface at all?

I was able to login with my phone using Opera Touch browser on Android.  But 192.168.1.1 and routerlogin.net from any PC on my network will give me the unauthorized page.  I can sometimes login with the following address: http://192.168.1.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.desktop

Again, I have cleared desktop browser cache and cookies.  If I go through the recovery process it just starts over.

Ive also had this happen a few times.. The only course of action that worked was doing a factor reset to the router. Nothing else seemed to work other then that.

Zippy.

Well, a hard reset did fix it.  But when I restored my backup configuration the problem appeared again.  So a factory reset but not restoring the backup has worked so far...

8/12/2019 - UPDATE:  The problem has returned.  This is unacceptable.  I may have to consider another router that's more reliable even though I love the features of this one.

• Netduma Staff
On 8/12/2019 at 5:23 AM, DarkCentauri777 said:

Well, a hard reset did fix it.  But when I restored my backup configuration the problem appeared again.  So a factory reset but not restoring the backup has worked so far...

8/12/2019 - UPDATE:  The problem has returned.  This is unacceptable.  I may have to consider another router that's more reliable even though I love the features of this one.

This is a strange issue - it's likely to be related to the Netgear settings (since they designed the log-in system). I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Netgear about this since it's possible that they might explore other options with you.

In the meantime, is there anything you perceive to be 'triggering' the issue? Does it happen only when you are logged into one PC, then log into the other?

On 8/13/2019 at 3:57 AM, Netduma Jack said:

This is a strange issue - it's likely to be related to the Netgear settings (since they designed the log-in system). I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Netgear about this since it's possible that they might explore other options with you.

In the meantime, is there anything you perceive to be 'triggering' the issue? Does it happen only when you are logged into one PC, then log into the other?

To be honest I don't remember.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to factory reset multiple times to try and isolate the issue.  What I did notice is that the problem started happening with the Microsoft Edge Chromium based browser which is in beta.  The problem occurred 2 builds ago.  I contacted the community for them and other users are experiencing this as well, but it is specific to Netgear products.  Another thing I have noticed is that all other browsers seem to work fine now and have for the last week.