I can't get 400Mbps only getting 150Mbps

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure why then but that seems like your max. To be sure, do you have a friend you could take the router to and see if they get higher speeds through it?

I have two R1s and they both have the same low speed for some reason.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure why then but that seems like your max. To be sure, do you have a friend you could take the router to and see if they get higher speeds through it?

I think my R1 is bad I tested with my other R1 and I am getting close to what I paid for.

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Wait so you had it disabled the whole time? From your first screenshot it was enabled 😂

I have it unticked still to get be able to use CC.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In order to get max speeds without QoS you have to enable both turbo & super turbo mode. If you're not getting full speeds after that then likely the max you can get. 

I got ya, thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, SM961 said:

I got ya, thanks.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

In order to get max speeds without QoS you have to enable both turbo & super turbo mode. If you're not getting full speeds after that then likely the max you can get. 

Not only I don't get the full speed that I'm paying for but once in a while, but it will slow my speed to this.

ffd.PNG

SM961 and Fraser this seems to be the same case when i went to the 1000 speed plan with my isp. they only have the hittron modem and it is really bad they have a puma 6 chip in them and are only  docsis 3  and wouldnt work with the r1 no matter what we tried. i endded up having to go back to my noramal play to use the tp-link modem 

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, SM961 said:

Not only I don't get the full speed that I'm paying for but once in a while, but it will slow my speed to this.

ffd.PNG

On top of what DAKOTADOCKALL said above, this drop in speeds could be due to peak times. When did you run this speed test?

Ultimately it seems like your R1 is reaching its limit in one way or another. How old are both of your R1's? After a time, almost all routers will start to achieve less throughput compared to when you first bought it. The R1 is old hardware, so it's even more the case.

23 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

On top of what DAKOTADOCKALL said above, this drop in speeds could be due to peak times. When did you run this speed test?

Ultimately it seems like your R1 is reaching its limit in one way or another. How old are both of your R1's? After a time, almost all routers will start to achieve less throughput compared to when you first bought it. The R1 is old hardware, so it's even more the case.

Yes unfortunately the R1 has been outpaced somewhat by average internet speeds since it's launch in 2014.

If you have more than a few hundred mbps you might notice less than your maximum being utilized.

On 11/15/2019 at 3:41 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Yes unfortunately the R1 has been outpaced somewhat by average internet speeds since it's launch in 2014.

If you have more than a few hundred mbps you might notice less than your maximum being utilized.

Okay, so I went and bought the XR300 today and I still can't get the 460Mbps. Btw I thought the R1 or the XR300 was able to handle speeds over 400+ Mbps. I'm very confused now.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, SM961 said:

Okay, so I went and bought the XR300 today and I still can't get the 460Mbps. Btw I thought the R1 or the XR300 was able to handle speeds over 400+ Mbps. I'm very confused now.

Is that with QoS completely disabled? Are you using powerline adapters that is using your home wiring connect the modem to the router in another room by any chance?

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with QoS completely disabled? Are you using powerline adapters that is using your home wiring connect the modem to the router in another room by any chance?

I use ethernet cables for all my connections.

5 minutes ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

SM961 its the hitron modem they arent good with other routers. When i had one with my 1000 plan i couldnt get above 300 with the r1 or my nighthawk ac1900.

I got rid of it bc of the Puma chipset. I have the Netgear CM 600.

• Administrators

So to confirm with QoS off completely this still happens? Do you have a spare modem you can try with in conjunction with the R1/XR300 to see if it performs better? When going through the setup wizard on the XR300 did the speed test report correctly?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So to confirm with QoS off completely this still happens? Do you have a spare modem you can try with in conjunction with the R1/XR300 to see if it performs better? When going through the setup wizard on the XR300 did the speed test report correctly?

No, I don't have any other modem that I could use to test, I had the Docsis 3.1 but I have to get rid of that (Puma Chipset). No, the speed I had was like 230 Mbps When I first set up the router for the first time. As you can see in the pic below it can only detect 250 Mbps. CC is off.

Screenshot - 2019-11-17T171356.920.png

I believe that if you turn off the modem and router, and then turn them on at the same time, that can have better results.

You will need to Disable QoS and do another speed test in order to test your new speeds. They will be limited by QoS right now.

It might be worth doing a factory reset and turning off/on the modem at the same time so that it can do another speed test.