-BUG Report- XR500 - dashboard - sudden strange behaviour

profiles

Did a first test this morning-

Unexpected result - that windows seems not scaling correctly - no reason for what I know

(FF is set with DPI ... system)

Alain

image.png.79e3660f7861bf8c1ffd5071889eebac.png

image.thumb.png.f836a2ba0396ccc3243bae93891447b4.png

25 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Wow i've never seen that before. It seems unlikely to me that this would be caused by DumaOS though.

hahahaha!
Agreed.

We are touching a sensitive area here : W10 scaling !!!  ( and FF interpretation of that)

🙂

profiles

Seems we have a profile problem on the "new profile" test I tried yesterday.
So far I will not be able to make it work .... and cannot use that way to do tests!!

Alain

Update on scripts

few minutes ago I switched to "monitors"  and Duma's was the active tab...

No time to right click on it ... FF froze ... meanwhile I was receiving an email. So I switched to mails.. read it...
... few minutes later...
when I came back to "monitors"  FF was working again.

From first login this morning Duma never asked it again.

I left the Duma tab open when I received a phone call at 11,20 .. 5hours 23 minutes ago..
... following up the call,  I then left the PC and moved to other tasks.
I came back to the PC 40 minutes ago.
Did other IT chores.

Not even now I'm writing to you. It's stiil keeping me good  🙂

So nice,   to be trully reconized and accepted!!!!!

🙂

Alain

Update Scripts
(no Duma - no crashes)

After last message in this thread and until now, I kept closed the "monitors" windows.
Closed, I mean non existing -
I reopened it in full now.
I used that utility we spoke in this thread, that save FF "Tab Sessions".

For all that 24h period FF  didn't get stuck or crashed.

Note: I was in a shopping spree ... opened 4 windows with an average of 20 tabs.

Chasing a new motorized bed, something like this image.png.4022633b297f0a70c6c01235eff2ea2b.png
a bed stand like this one ( if I take a couple they give me the girl) image.png.8cfd68164e43191c0b247e54414fdfcf.png

a new stall for the 65",  image.png.fe012fd8275aca4a99a03ac285152744.png or image.png.b0a3a6da93a1ae9b29ccf1e505c5818b.png
(I'm digressing)

So while the load was bigger no crash.
Previously it was crashing also while on Amazon or Ebay - no only on Duma's tab.

I have no answer, but I let you know what I discover.

Am I a pretty deep tester enough ?

🙂

Alain

PS: is there a way to resize pics in this forum ??? cant find one!

Update Scripts
(no Duma - no crashes)

After last message 12h ago,  I decided to close only Duma's tab,.
I kept the "monitors" window running with all the other tabs.

So far no crash

Alain

Right       !!! Details are better!!!    🙂

3 windows - one for each item. (maintaining   congruence is important!)
One tab for each  vendors/products observed (and opened for later filtering)  = a lot of tabs (40 50 or more)

ahahahah!
Having the Computer resources ....
...I do shop in a creative way !

Alain

PS: It's always possible to think "resources exhausted"  discussing script issues...
....so I told about that shopping without Duma

Update Scripts
(no Duma - no crashes)

Just to let you know.
From Monday I kept the "monitors" window running as well as all the others I need, with no Duma anywhere.
All week long  was fine...... but FF crashed once, when I forgot in background  Duma in a  single tab windows.

So, summing up,  I cannot keep a running Duma. No way, it will crash FF soon or later.

H i h

Alain

I hate Google more than anyone, underhanded, spying, rogue adverts infecting millions on their scummy web search with their own agenda of an internet.

But the GUI uses a lot of a PC's CPU and can hammer a browser.

I use chrome for Netduma products with one tab only, they can spy on that if they like.

My suggestion is to do the above.

(If you do not configure Win 7/8/10 it will do more spying than Google, Apple, Amazon & Huawei combined) so relax about Google ;)

(These are my own findings and not of Netduma. I am just a gamer)

In our defence, Chrome is so ubiquitous these days that it makes sense to target it as the key browser for compatibility. That said the ideal would obviously be for no browser to take priority over any other.

I saw a video recently about how Google, intentionally or not, end up breaking features on their websites for browsers other than Chrome. I think it's because they end up setting standards due to their massive userbase. Even Microsoft is now transitioning Edge onto Chromium.

EDIT: By the way I should say this is just my personal opinion, I didn't ask the devs.

Guest Killhippie
2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

In our defence, Chrome is so ubiquitous these days that it makes sense to target it as the key browser for compatibility. That said the ideal would obviously be for no browser to take priority over any other.

I saw a video recently about how Google, intentionally or not, end up breaking features on their websites for browsers other than Chrome. I think it's because they end up setting standards due to their massive userbase. Even Microsoft is now transitioning Edge onto Chromium.

EDIT: By the way I should say this is just my personal opinion, I didn't ask the devs.

Chrome is horrible, Google want to create the web standards thier way, like back in the bad old days of internet expolrer 6 and Microsoft doing the same. I like Pale moon,or Brave but use Firefox on my iMac. Duma OS being coded mostly for Google Chrome is pain for people using Linux and macOS who use browsers other than Safari (safari is a pain too but damn fast) You should test in all browsers so its complaint across the board. 

I wont let any Google software on my iMac. I don't even use Google as a search engine and even have my mail set to not load remote images oplus a VPN (not DumaOS one in the router, it leaks like a sieve) I don't care that i may be looking at some innocuous rubbish I don't like people looking over my shoulders so to speak. I don't like Googles methodology or trying to watch me and feed me what it thinks I may want hence adblocking, fingerprinting and crypto-miner blocking as well. Its the same as Facebook which I don't use anymore, you are the product in these systems and you will be abused. At the end of the day coders that aren't (not saying you devs are) lazy will use many versions of all main browsers (and a few obscure ones) with many different combinations of settings.

Chrome and FF

Yes, Chrome is more stable right now, because in FF there are too many changes.
They are revolutionizing it to give better performances.
PaleMoon is not anymore viable, too many case it's not compliant with scripts.

But.... Chrome eat-up resources faster then any other browser around.

Moving ONLY  "monitors" under Chrome it's not a big deal...
....it will cost some 25% more CPU,  some more RAM ..... tried and got that.
Not really feasible 🙂 if you dont like mouse lagging  🙂

Alain

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Might I suggest the Brave browser, it's based on Chromium but is less resource intensive and works with the Chrome store.

Oh, ok.

I'll try that.. Opera and another I tried were un-satisfying.

Alain

Ok I'm on Brave. (still FF is running)

I restored Windows and Tabs Using Tab Manager.
So I was able to start a spectacular Brave session with all the saved FF session.

The only problem was to login from Brave.
Didnt accept me, no reasons given, had to reset password to make it work.

Both are working now... when I started in full Brave.. PC resource didn't even noticed it !

Alain
image.thumb.png.a689a6734ae55d042c56bc720f035ac8.png

LOGIN TO FORUM 
got messed somewhat.

FF & Chrome & Brave  cannot "normally" login - to enter forum I have to ask a reset .. so I'm able to post .. but not to login

No idea why. Pass and User are saved ... and I tried also manually writing .

Alain

• Administrators

Are you looking in with the Display Name or Username as I believe you need to login with the Display name. It's not fully optimised for Brave shouldn't be too different from Chrome, suggested due to the other issue but try disabling the build in ad blocker as that may be interfering.

LOGIN

Sorry I didn't explain that correctly:

FF , Brave, Chrome = no successfull forum login

User = Mail
Pass = PsWord

I never had that problem before.

You say I should try to use only Forum's handle as UserName?

Alain

Update: YES !!   Forum's handle instead of mail worked
(really... I always logged in using LastPass - so far it worked with the mail)

(- why - )    *!* 

PS: on sites I thrust I disabled the shield

Bad thing is: No notice.

Even a simple mail: we changed the login
would have done the job.

Alain

PS: did you see the Brave/Duma screenshot? (no Brave  shield involved)