Static ISP IP?

Has anyone ever used a static IP from their ISP and assigned it to their gaming PC or console.

my fiber provider has it available for $20, it bypasses your home network and has a direct pipe to the internet. 

Thinking about it so I don’t have to worry about any QoS or home network congestion 

I thought that paying for a static IP is just so that people can access whatever you're hosting at your house, like a server or whatever. Could also be useful for remote access to your home network, or your files. However I imagine it could be a security risk if you were to get DDoS'd.

What you're describing sounds more like having two seperated broadband lines. I imagine something like that would either require installation of a second line, or maybe halving the speed of your original line? I'm not sure, i've never heard of such a thing.

Could you link me to your provider's information on this service?

I have xfinity business. Didn't want to pay extra for a static ip. What i did is let the router pick up the dynamic ip, then changed it to static. Your ip shouldn't change unless your Mac address changes in the router.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

What script errors are you talking about? Could you post a screenshot or a log file? Thanks.

I log into my router interface with my computer and it says script error, sometimes when trying to display the geo-filter too. 

Sometimes my network monitoring Apps don’t load, they just spin.

this thing has been a turn in comparison to my XR500. It was on sale so I decided to upgrade 

20 hours ago, Sunaikinti said:

It's a must to reset router with paperclip after a firmware update. This will solve many problems. Should be a sticky to do this!

I actually defaulted the router once before after initial update and firmware updat 

20 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Are you running the most recent firmware?

Do the problems occur in multiple browsers? In incognito mode?

Safari and chrome. As far as I know, it downloaded the firmware when I purchased it in mid May unless there’s a new one out 

I’m honestly about ready to go with the Asus ROG 11000X and throw this one on eBay 

A static ip is a public ip address assigned by your isp to yourself. It allows you to communicate to your network when away from home such as ftp, nas access, home security camera management and web hosting. I have 1.    A dynamic ip address is what most people have, this will change from time to time depending on certain factors such as powering off your router. This can still enable you to get the same ip address you had before a power down but it is not guaranteed by no means. With a dynamic ip address you would need to use a dynamic dns service in order to perform the tasks i outlined above for remote network management.

Just now, BIG__DOG said:

A static ip is a public ip address assigned by your isp to yourself, this is constant and will not change unless you are ddos attacked for example but a good isp will have protocols in place to circumvent this.  It allows you to communicate to your network when away from home such as ftp, nas access, home security camera management and web hosting. I have 1.    A dynamic ip address is what most people have, this will change from time to time depending on certain factors such as powering off your router. This can still enable you to get the same ip address you had before a power down but it is not guaranteed by no means. With a dynamic ip address you would need to use a dynamic dns service in order to perform the tasks i outlined above for remote network management.