XR500 bufferbloat

For some weird reason when I turn of anti bufferbloat my ping drops and I play better in game  it’s weird but that sort of defeats the purpose I’d rather have it on and working to improve my connection not to make it worse

any help or tips is appreciated  

6 minutes ago, Funkybadger said:

before and after 

60% on both for some weird reason when I  reset the qos back to everything having the same amount on the flower the line also became more stable 

39DDA49E-0EA0-4821-9E9C-52687F74D332.jpeg

0ABFA43B-6246-4735-B6F5-FC98C50E6840.jpeg

Good stuff Badger, I just bought an xr500 yesterday and put the R1 on the shelf! I'll have to play around with my settings on pingplotter too. You must be from Whisky (wisconsin) eh? I'm from Minny!

27 minutes ago, Funkybadger said:

before and after 

60% on both for some weird reason when I  reset the qos back to everything having the same amount on the flower the line also became more stable 

Also who is your isp and what speeds do you have? Spectrum?

2 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Also who is your isp and what speeds do you have? Spectrum?

Hey purpleandgold, Im from MN also and have Spectrum.. I was curious to know what your speeds are?  Ive been with Spectrum for along time.. I do have some questions for you and some info to share with you on your thoughts.. 

p.s. I am surprised you took the plunge with the XR500..

Zippy.

3 hours ago, Funkybadger said:

before and after 

Same problem here. Everything must be equal on flower.

1 hour ago, Sunaikinti said:

Same problem here. Everything must be equal on flower.

Same problem I have.. And you are correct the flower must be equal.. Once I allocate more bandwidth to another device all bets are off!

All I have found is more similarities with others that have this router.. Nothing makes any sense with any of this..

Zippy.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, Zippy said:

Hey purpleandgold, Im from MN also and have Spectrum.. I was curious to know what your speeds are?  Ive been with Spectrum for along time.. I do have some questions for you and some info to share with you on your thoughts.. 

p.s. I am surprised you took the plunge with the XR500..

Zippy.

What up Zippy? Yeah my speeds are 200 down and 10 up. I've been with spectrum for like 15 years cause thats all we can really go with in my area in St. Michael. Yeah, I've been meaning to buy an XR500 for awhile but held off. I had a netgear nighthawk r7000 for a super long time but decided it was time to upgrade the network a little bit with something newer. I felt the R1 was kinda falling behind the times too. But I will still keep it in my back pocket just in case I hate this XR500.

19 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

What up Zippy? Yeah my speeds are 200 down and 10 up. I've been with spectrum for like 15 years cause thats all we can really go with in my area in St. Michael. Yeah, I've been meaning to buy an XR500 for awhile but held off. I had a netgear nighthawk r7000 for a super long time but decided it was time to upgrade the network a little bit with something newer. I felt the R1 was kinda falling behind the times too. But I will still keep it in my back pocket just in case I hate this XR500.

Hey purpleandgold!!  You know how it is living the dream!! lol..  I have Spectrum also with the same speeds as you.. I think we have what I would call a decent ISP.. But honestly though I wish we could get more upload.. Id like to see more of a symmetrical type speeds.. Or at least have that option.. Id much rather have 100 down and a 100 up! 

On a side note many here in my town absolutely do not like Spectrum and have been having serious issues.. So much so that many have now come to town hall meetings and expressed there concerns with Spectrum.. The city has now moved forward and is getting a build out plan to run fiber to home for everyone in our area. The best part is it will be fiber symmetrical speeds to home. And it will be done by a Co-op company.. No more relying on corporate type companies like Spectrum. Our city is really fed up and is moving forward.. 

Im curious to see how the XR500 performs for you.. Ive not had much luck with it.. But please share your thoughts as you use it! Hope it works awesome for you! 

Zippy.

8 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey purpleandgold!!  You know how it is living the dream!! lol..  I have Spectrum also with the same speeds as you.. I think we have what I would call a decent ISP.. But honestly though I wish we could get more upload.. Id like to see more of a symmetrical type speeds.. Or at least have that option.. Id much rather have 100 down and a 100 up! 

On a side note many here in my town absolutely do not like Spectrum and have been having serious issues.. So much so that many have now come to town hall meetings and expressed there concerns with Spectrum.. The city has now moved forward and is getting a build out plan to run fiber to home for everyone in our area. The best part is it will be fiber symmetrical speeds to home. And it will be done by a Co-op company.. No more relying on corporate type companies like Spectrum. Our city is really fed up and is moving forward.. 

Im curious to see how the XR500 performs for you.. Ive not had much luck with it.. But please share your thoughts as you use it! Hope it works awesome for you! 

Zippy.

Hey Zippy,

YES, I would love more upload. Recently I switched my package to the 400 down and 20 up so I could have more upload. But it was getting too expensive with the cable so I went back to the 200/10. That'a awesome yall are getting fiber. I want fiber really bad. Don't see that happening where I live for a while. Maybe we need an uprising here, lol! Yeah I'll definitely report anything I find on the XR. So far no issues. Actually one. I get a moderate nat right now but my gameplay feels decent so I guess I don't care until I go to play with some other ppl then I probably won't be able to do a chat party. Where in MN are you? Are we ever gonna get summer here? It's been too cold for summer in my opinion. Always raining and low 70's with the cold ass NW wind blowing in. I like the heat! I know I'm the opposite of everyone else in MN! Peace bro, cheers!

• Administrators
On 6/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, Funkybadger said:

before and after 

That's unusual and should be the case. What speeds do you pay for/receive?

What is your physical setup? Are all devices connected to the router or are some connected to the ISP hub?

Are you testing this over wireless/wired? Are you testing the same server each time on PingPlotter?

I would recommend following this guide while you saturate your connection (downloading heavily, streaming etc) and experimenting with different Anti-BB percentages to find what keeps your ping as steady as possible: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-diagnose-modem-internet-service-provider-issues/