It's all good.. we'll get there.. At least you have acknowledged it and are working on it, what more can I ask for. 

Since you have been so helpful so far with the ongoing issue i figured I would also ask this here. Is there a way to add e tries for iptables I couldn’t find it for sure. Something like this for port forwarding over the vpn 

https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/9270-how-to-forward-ports-in-dd-wrt-tomato-with-iptables/

Bummer. So there is no intentions of adding this ability going forward. Or perhaps incorporate port forwarding in your hybrid vpn configuration since this is where it would most likely be used. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, JMack said:

Bummer. So there is no intentions of adding this ability going forward. Or perhaps incorporate port forwarding in your hybrid vpn configuration since this is where it would most likely be used. 

I can't imagine so as it was designed to be very easy to use, if we add complex features like that in it could be a nightmare. That could be possible yes, although keep in mind ports can be closed on the VPN side.

Understood. I just know that some services support port forwarding over the vpn so I can’t imaging them blocking it. Would be perfect if that would get added. 

Just wanted to provide an update... The connection has been up for close to 20 hours now.. there was some small pockets of downloading with some uploading.. The logs are still flooded with those errors reported yesterday but so far the GUI has not crapped out yet... 

Yeah I figured that as the data flow increased the log size got out of control causing the lockups.. the errors were still showing up in the logs just less since there was less over all data. I am happy to test anything you guys may need on the system 

To update. It just disconnected and the Hybid VPN page is unresponsive.. The client is still connected to the internet even though the option to block traffic is on.

This was while downloading about 4 gigs of data

It did not disconnect but the logs were still getting flooded with entries. I did end up stopping the download once I made note of the logs and priority traffic in the router. Smaller files and pockets of moderate uploading doesn’t not appear to affect the connection or router much. So far any drop outs have been a result of larger downloads 

Have you tried multiple VPN providers? Didn't you say that your previous provider didn't have this problem? If you were to run the VPN using their desktop software, would the errors still occur? I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem that would occur with this VPN even if you used it outside of the Netduma software, or if it's some incompatibility with the Netduma software that i'm not aware of.

I also wonder if it's the log itself crashing the interface, and that if the error was hidden, it might work fine. That's something that i'll have to ask the devs.

The error has happened with three different providers. I can run the test with the stand alone OpenVPN software as a test too to see if the logs flood.. stand by.  I do think it may just be the logs that is getting full causing the crash but unsure. Stand by let me test outside the router. 

That's really interesting. So maybe it's some other connection issue? Do you think your modem is interfering in some way? Or your ISP?

Does your modem/upstream router have any firewall or QoS or port forwarding that could be interfering with the connection?

the modem is in complete bypass mode (modem device only not a modem/router combo) and customer owned. In the router I have Anti-Bufferbloat on when high priority traffic is detected (but testing last night showed it did not flag as such). I have port forwarding on the router setup but on services/ports/devices that this machine is not using