XR500 DDwrt Firmware

3 hours ago, hell12309 said:

im having trouble i let someone use my wifi and they installed some custom firmware on it and ive tried multiple time reinstalling the duma OS firmware in it but no luck can u guys help me

Capture.PNG

We can't really help because, as @BIG__DOG said, the warranty is void.

That said, @Dilly Dilly made a great suggestion. You can try to upload the latest DumaOS firmware using TFTP. You'll have to figure it out on your own but it should be quite easy using this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

1 hour ago, fpsmercs said:

What even is a TFTP client does it restore the original firmware

You need a program such as putty. I wasn't going to suggest this as beinng a moderator it is not my place to advise. It is a fairly straight forward process so long as you are somewhat network savvy just in case you run into any snags.

Thank you very much I appreciate this for helping me I'll have to do this later tonight when everyone's asleep there's a few people that use the internet and they're going to wonder why I'm doing this they're not going to understand they're not much of a tech savvy person if I don't know how to use that YouTube has some set up wizards sometimes

11 minutes ago, fpsmercs said:

or I can figure it out I do have short-term memory loss but I am pretty good at figuring stuff out

there are lots of tutorials on YT on how to do this to a router. The link that Alex posted will fully guide you through it. I suggest you have that page open on another browser to refer to while you are going through the process or print the instructions out. Good luck.

does my computer have to be hardwired directly to the router or no because my computer is somewhere else in the same room and it's really heavy it's a pretty old PC but it runs the latest software it's the Windows 10 but it's a 2013 PC it's not too old it can play some new games but the graphics card isn't letting me play every new game The graphics card is a G-Force GTX 750 TI 2 vram DDR3 32 gigs of RAM almost I have 20 gigs of RAM

Just now, fpsmercs said:

does my computer have to be hardwired directly to the router or no because my computer is somewhere else in the same room and it's really heavy it's a pretty old PC but it runs the latest software it's the Windows 10 but it's a 2013 PC it's not too old it can play some new games but the graphics card isn't letting me play every new game The graphics card is a G-Force GTX 750 TI 2 vram DDR3 32 gigs of RAM almost I have 20 gigs of RAM

Do you play COD?

I use my PS4 to play all that stuff and yes I do play cod only on the PS4 though if you are planning on adding me my username is Fps Mercs axactly how I wrote it if you can't add me through my Activision ID my PlayStation 4 ID is rustycodplayer you can add me on different consoles through my PlayStation ID you just have to change the friend request system to PlayStation Network

1 hour ago, fpsmercs said:

yes, you absolutely must be hard wired (if you are referring to installing firmware or using TFTP).

I'm getting pretty mad right now this stupid 64-bit application you guys had me download is working but it's not working the way it's supposed to work The log viewer doesn't tell me anything TCP client sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I also tried to do the putty but that's ridiculously hard I'm confused I don't know why you guys aren't messaging me back right it's still in recovery mode