Live in IL but want to play on US servers. how?

ronmargan

• Administrators

So your aim is to get that one server you allowed? That won't always work so I'm not surprised you waited a long time. It will try and connect you to lots of servers in that scenario that you're blocking, the one you wanted may be offline/full at that time. Best to have a few servers in your radius or even just that location as they'll be clusters of servers there that you should be able to connect to. If you're going to use ping assist I would set it to 15-20ms above your base ping.

Using ping assist won't work in @ronmargan's situation because he would specifically like to play on US servers, which will probably be about 200 ping from his location.

The problem with the whitelisting method is that there are many many servers all inside the same buildings. What appears as one server on the map might in fact be many, and you'd have to separately whitelist them all. The whitelist feature is best used for whitelisting friends.

Anyway as I said, if you flush the cloud (ignore the r-app error, this is normal) and put your radius on the east coast, I think it will work. It worked for me.

If you try again and it fails, take some screenshots of your Geo-Filter settings and i'll try to recreate them again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Using ping assist won't work in @ronmargan's situation because he would specifically like to play on US servers, which will probably be about 200 ping from his location.

The problem with the whitelisting method is that there are many many servers all inside the same buildings. What appears as one server on the map might in fact be many, and you'd have to separately whitelist them all. The whitelist feature is best used for whitelisting friends.

Anyway as I said, if you flush the cloud (ignore the r-app error, this is normal) and put your radius on the east coast, I think it will work. It worked for me.

If you try again and it fails, take some screenshots of your Geo-Filter settings and i'll try to recreate them again.

tried. not working. added screen shot.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 19.36.56.png

• Administrators

I don't think a remote session will help here. I think there is a certain element of the game itself blocking you from playing there as it doesn't make much sense otherwise that you're forced to play on EU. Do you have the Geo-Filter setup for the US before the console is even turned on? 

1. Literally unplug the ethernet or power cable from the console
  2. Setup the Geo-Filter how you want - make sure it's on Filtering
  3. Flush the cloud - Wait a minute after the cloud pop up box appears and then refresh the page
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Turn on the game
  6. Search for a game

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think a remote session will help here. I think there is a certain element of the game itself blocking you from playing there as it doesn't make much sense otherwise that you're forced to play on EU. Do you have the Geo-Filter setup for the US before the console is even turned on? 

1. Literally unplug the ethernet or power cable from the console
  2. Setup the Geo-Filter how you want - make sure it's on Filtering
  3. Flush the cloud - Wait a minute after the cloud pop up box appears and then refresh the page
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Turn on the game
  6. Search for a game

So this worked and i got a game at the first try, but then it stopped finding games to join and stuck on searching, or  just finding a game and then telling me that i can’t join this game..

• Administrators
On 6/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, ronmargan said:

ok so it sometimes work. but still not as good as i wanted. i got like 4 games on US server.

can't you guys just fix the server misallocations? i submitted so much already.

I've asked for an update on when a cloud update will be done.